April IUI

Are you trying intrauterine insemination this month? Or have some questions about IUI? This is the place for you!

Moderators: JessM, southernbelle, maddy, unaffected

April IUI

Postby enigm8a » Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:43 am

I guess I'll start us off this month.

IUI #4...I went in this morning on day 12. Two follicles, 24.7/15.3, on the right side. The biggest one yet. I'm expecting they'll call me today that I should trigger tonight.

They say the size does not matter much unless it is too small. But I wonder if it's good news that one of them is over 24? No clue. Trying to stay positive. Though I've stopped listening to the fertility meditation program. I've decided (ridiculously) to get mad at it for not getting pregnant. Easier to mad at it. Maybe I'll restart tonight.

How's everyone doing this month?
enigm8a
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Re: April IUI

Postby KFinNY » Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:20 am

enigm8a - hello! I'm wishing you the best of luck! 24.7 is a great size! How long are you going to wait after the trigger? 24 hours?

I'm in the middle of my TWW right now. IUI #4 was March 3rd and failed. I went in on March 30th for a check and they said I had a follicle at 22. I was shocked because it was only cycle day 10 for me and my cycles are usually 33 days. They triggered me right then and I went back 24 hours later for the IUI. I was slightly bummed because the plan was to wait 36 hours after the trigger, but since it was a weekend, my clinic wasn't going to be open 36 hours later. Oh well! Maybe IUI #5 will be our lucky one!

Have you done anything different this cycle? I'm interested to hear what people try after a few IUIs. This cycle I did Letrozole + trigger and my doctor also put me on prednisone (to help with inflammation?), Ovasitol supplements, and prenatals.
KFinNY
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby enigm8a » Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:46 pm

KFinNY wrote:enigm8a - hello! I'm wishing you the best of luck! 24.7 is a great size! How long are you going to wait after the trigger? 24 hours?

I'm in the middle of my TWW right now. IUI #4 was March 3rd and failed. I went in on March 30th for a check and they said I had a follicle at 22. I was shocked because it was only cycle day 10 for me and my cycles are usually 33 days. They triggered me right then and I went back 24 hours later for the IUI. I was slightly bummed because the plan was to wait 36 hours after the trigger, but since it was a weekend, my clinic wasn't going to be open 36 hours later. Oh well! Maybe IUI #5 will be our lucky one!

Have you done anything different this cycle? I'm interested to hear what people try after a few IUIs. This cycle I did Letrozole + trigger and my doctor also put me on prednisone (to help with inflammation?), Ovasitol supplements, and prenatals.

Nothing different this cycle, clomid for five days plus my prenatal vitamins. The trigger will be the same as the last few times. I can't believe so many clinics are not available on the weekends! My clinic has multiple locations and one of them is open on the weekend. It's a bit of a drive for me but at least it's an option. Luckily sperm can stay in your body for a decent period of time. Here's hoping for strong swimmers. I have found the the clomid makes my follicles bigger faster. My first IUI was without any medication and my ovulation was at day 16-17 and my follicle was at 18. On clomid, it's been averaging over 21 and always early with the trigger shot. Who knows!

fingers crossed for you. My clinic called and they said to trigger tonight.
enigm8a
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby KFinNY » Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:17 am

Good luck! fingers crossed for you!
KFinNY
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby goldietarheel » Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:05 pm

Hello again, ladies!

My March IUI was not successful, so we did another unmedicated IUI on April 5. Today is 6 dpiui, and I'm not feeling hopeful about this one. I just feel in my gut that it didn't work this time? I think my big concern is about the timing of the IUI with frozen donor sperm -- it has to be pretty precise! I got my positive OPK on the 4th and a temperature shift on the 5th, but with the 6-12 hour lifespan of frozen sperm I get bummed that there is such tiny window for it to work! I wish there was a good way to pinpoint ovulation at this stage to know if we should be planning the IUIs 24, 36, or 48 hours after the positive OPK (regardless of what the "average" is for all window, I need to know exactly when it falls for me specifically!).

The main different thing this cycle was that my IUI really hurt. We had a different nurse this time, and she pinched me a lot with the speculum and scraped my cervix a lot, which resulted in a lot of bleeding that she had to swab off. She said I might have a friable cervix, but that I should get it checked out.

I've got my fingers crossed for both of you, and I'm taking notes on meds and follicle sizes because that's our next step after IUI #3 (if it fails), and I have a feeling we're going to have to move to the medicated cycles and monitoring in order to make this work!
goldietarheel

Postby enigm8a » Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:25 am

goldietarheel wrote:Hello again, ladies!

My March IUI was not successful, so we did another unmedicated IUI on April 5. Today is 6 dpiui, and I'm not feeling hopeful about this one. I just feel in my gut that it didn't work this time? I think my big concern is about the timing of the IUI with frozen donor sperm -- it has to be pretty precise! I got my positive OPK on the 4th and a temperature shift on the 5th, but with the 6-12 hour lifespan of frozen sperm I get bummed that there is such tiny window for it to work! I wish there was a good way to pinpoint ovulation at this stage to know if we should be planning the IUIs 24, 36, or 48 hours after the positive OPK (regardless of what the "average" is for all window, I need to know exactly when it falls for me specifically!).

The main different thing this cycle was that my IUI really hurt. We had a different nurse this time, and she pinched me a lot with the speculum and scraped my cervix a lot, which resulted in a lot of bleeding that she had to swab off. She said I might have a friable cervix, but that I should get it checked out.

I've got my fingers crossed for both of you, and I'm taking notes on meds and follicle sizes because that's our next step after IUI #3 (if it fails), and I have a feeling we're going to have to move to the medicated cycles and monitoring in order to make this work!

This is my forth IUI (1 dpiui) and I think monitoring is the only way to know what the hell is going on. That being said, one of my closest friends did not do monitoring and purchased frozen sperm and got pregnant on her first IUI at age 34/35 (don't recall); so don't lose hope yet.

I also had a new nurse this time, she had trouble with the speculum too but eventually figured it out. My most painful IUI was with a male dr (...go figure!).
enigm8a
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby KFinNY » Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:18 am

Well I'm currently 12 dpo and I tested this morning and got a BFN. This was IUI#5 and for some reason this one is hitting me really hard. I just don't know why this isn't working. I'm 32, I don't have any known fertility issues, all the cycles have been medicated and monitored, I've been doing acupuncture for 6 months, our sperm has always had great numbers, and my follicles have always looked great. I don't know what else I can do. It's so disheartening to keep getting negative tests. :(
KFinNY
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby goldietarheel » Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:54 pm

KFinNY, I'm so sorry to hear that! I'm still holding out hope for you, but I get the frustration.

enigma, I do think monitoring is in our future. We said 3 natural, but then we're going to discuss our options with the fertility clinic. Do you happen to know if they ever just monitor a cycle and don't do meds/trigger shots? I'm fairly certain I ovulate, but it would be helpful to see when to pinpoint the timing (though I'm totally open to meds and trigger shots!). Also, I just that you are 1 dpiui today. Welcome back to the TWW officially!
goldietarheel

Postby enigm8a » Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:24 am

Hi Goldietarheal,

My first IUI was monitored without medication. They take blood work to track your hormones and then also look at your follicles for sizing. They can absolutely do that for you. Good luck!
enigm8a
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby enigm8a » Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:49 am

I'm getting antsy, six days left. I have an extra pregnancy test left from my last IUI and I'm dying to use it but I know it's too early.
enigm8a
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Emcbee » Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:13 am

Hi, IUI number 4 just failed for us :( I think maybe we will do one more and then just wait for IVF which is scheduled from August. Good luck to all!
Emcbee

Postby GleeKris10 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:16 pm

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to this site/forum... My DH and I have been TTC for 3 years. All of my tests came out normal. My DH's count is normal, however he has low motility and morphology. Therefore, our RE suggested that we try IUI. I had my first IUI (along with 100 mg of clomid) on Apri l18. So, I'm 4dpiui. I'm a nervous, anxious wreck. I can't believe I have so many days left before I can even test. I've never been this anxious. I'm trying not to get my hopes too high as the let downs are just awful!
GleeKris10
Friend

Postby newandanxious » Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:36 pm

Hi everyone, I’m new as well. I have my second iui tomorrow afternoon. I did bloodwork this morning and got a call that I was surging, also got a positive opk so clinic is having me come in tomorrow afternoon. I’m hoping the timing is right as we are using donor sperm and the window is shorter...

Good luck to all!
newandanxious

Postby enigm8a » Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:04 am

Hello GleeKris10 and newandanxious. You're in good company. You'll find a really supportive group of people here that you can vent to. I wish you both lots of luck!

Emcbee, I'm so sorry to hear about your IUI. That is heartbreaking. Are you done trying until your IVF? My insurance doesn't cover IVF so I'm trying to find grants to apply for to help offset costs.

The 2ww is the worst. I'm on my fourth IUI, finding out tomorrow via blood work. I took a pregnancy test this morning, after three minutes I only saw one line. When I went to throw away the test I saw a super faint second line. I'm trying not to get my hopes up, but of course I can't help it.

unnamed (7).jpg
(201.83 KiB) Not downloaded yet
enigm8a
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby enigm8a » Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:57 am

ug...i just read that maybe the faint line is an "evaporation line" https://www.verywellfamily.com/what-if- ... er-2759851
enigm8a
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Next

Return to IUI