April IUI

Are you trying intrauterine insemination this month? Or have some questions about IUI? This is the place for you!

Moderators: JessM, southernbelle, maddy, unaffected

Re: April IUI

Postby newandanxious » Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:01 am

Enig8a, hopefully it’s a true faint bfp for you... keep us updated on your blood test results. Stay hopeful :)
newandanxious

Postby GleeKris10 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:38 am

emcbee, I'm so sorry. I know how hard it can be. Hang in there! Here's hoping next cycle will be THE cycle! Sending you lots of love!

newandanxious, I'm crossing my fingers for you! Trying to figure out perfect timing for IUI is definitely frustrating. Sending baby dust your way!

enigma8a, sending lots of positive vibes and baby dust your way! It's not over until AF shows up! you're still in it girl!

I'm 6dpiui now and I'm going bananas! trying so hard not to symptom chase, but it's so hard. I don't know if I'm actually experiencing anything or it's all in my head. Ugghh! Wish time could go faster! I told myself that I will not test until exactly the day AF is due because I'm just so tired of being disappointed. LOL, let's see if I can actually make good on that promise.
GleeKris10
Friend

Postby enigm8a » Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:49 pm

GleeKris10 wrote:I'm 6dpiui now and I'm going bananas! trying so hard not to symptom chase, but it's so hard. I don't know if I'm actually experiencing anything or it's all in my head. Ugghh! Wish time could go faster! I told myself that I will not test until exactly the day AF is due because I'm just so tired of being disappointed. LOL, let's see if I can actually make good on that promise.

of course you are! it's so hard not to read into every ache and pain in the body. I just had to remind myself that I've had four iui's and "felt something" with each one and thus far have been wrong. try to distract yourself. I have two weekly vitamin cases and they have almost become my visual "calendar" to see how many days are left. Other then that, try to do some fun thing that don't remind you of babies.
enigm8a
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby newandanxious » Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:03 pm

Hey ladies!
So I had my IUI today... way different than my first one. It took the nurse a while to be able to find my cervix and there was quite a bit of spotting during and after. It was also more painful than the last. Next time I will dry and have a more full bladder but I just couldn’t hold it anymore so went pee right before the procedure. I’m hoping all the swimmers got to the right spot, it was stressing me out a bit that she was having so much trouble but eventually she got it. So now beginning the tww! Good luck to everyone!
newandanxious

Postby newandanxious » Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:32 pm

Just as a side note, I noticed I couldn’t “feel” the sperm going into my uterus this time the way that a could last time (like a weird twinge). I’m worried that the swimmers didn’t get injected in the right spot because the nurse had so much trouble getting the catheter through my cervix. What do you guys think?
newandanxious

Postby enigm8a » Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:34 am

newandanxious wrote:Just as a side note, I noticed I couldn’t “feel” the sperm going into my uterus this time the way that a could last time (like a weird twinge). I’m worried that the swimmers didn’t get injected in the right spot because the nurse had so much trouble getting the catheter through my cervix. What do you guys think?

I've had four iui's.
January: The first one was quite painful. My cervix is tilted and I think the dr didn't do a good job figuring out how to navigate. I did not feel the sperm at all. no spotting.
February: Different Dr; virtually painless. She was in and out so quick I barely got to ask how it was going. Did not feel sperm. no spotting.
March: February Dr; not quite painless but not as painful as first time. took longer. did not feel sperm. no spotting.
April: Nurse; took FOREVER, she tried two or three times to get the speculum in correctly. She finally had me move down the table more and that seemed to help with angles. did not feel sperm. no spotting.

had blood work done this morning, results due today!! freaking out!
enigm8a
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby newandanxious » Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:07 am

Enigm8a,
Thank you for your experiences, I feel a bit better now. And hoping my experience won’t be a reflection of my results.. Please keep us posted on your results, I’m crossing my fingers for you!!!
newandanxious

Postby enigm8a » Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:30 am

I'm overwhelmed and excited to share that I got a BFP from the dr's office. Obviously it's super early and I'm trying to be cautious with my joy but I sobbed for about an hour during and after the phone call. My HCG is 109...is that good?
Last edited by enigm8a on Thu Apr 26, 2018 5:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
enigm8a
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby GleeKris10 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:13 pm

enigm8a wrote:I'm overwhelmed and excited to share that I got a BFP from the dr's office. Obviously it's super early and I'm trying to be cautious with my job but I sobbed for about an hour during and after the phone call. My HCG is 109...is that good?

enigma8a, congratulations!!!! OMG, that's sooooooo exciting. Definitely super happy for you. Keep us posted. Wishing you a happy and healthy journey to baby! Here's hoping we all have the same success this month! I have 7 days and counting til I test. *crossing fingers and toes*

newandanxious, if it's any consolation, I've read so many stories about women and their IUI experiences and they all seem so different every time. I had my first one last week and I did not feel a thing! It was over before I ever even knew what happened. I've had some very mild cramping (more like pelvic tenderness) but that's about it. No spotting too. Crossing my fingers and toes for you as well :)
GleeKris10
Friend

Postby newandanxious » Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:28 pm

Enim8a, soooo excited for you!!! Can you let us know some symptoms you had during the tww so I can symptom spot!? I’m wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months!!

Gleekris, thank you for the reassurance. I’m hoping my experience isn’t reflective of my result. Just gonna try not to stress about it.
newandanxious

Postby enigm8a » Thu Apr 26, 2018 5:28 am

newandanxious wrote:Enim8a, soooo excited for you!!! Can you let us know some symptoms you had during the tww so I can symptom spot!? I’m wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months!!

So I will say that with each IUI they had me taking progesterone suppositories which made me feel "pregnant" each time; so it's hard to know what was me and what was the hormones. This time around I felt a little bloated. My clothes didn't quite fit right and I hadn't gained weight. I thought, THOUGHT, I felt a brief "implementation" pain but again, I thought I felt that last few IUIs as well. I have felt gassy but more bloated gassy. Like I had to use the bathroom but then didn't need to.

This cycle I continued to do acupuncture, I listened to circle and bloom meditations during acupuncture. I had a glass of wine or two. I biked to work almost daily. I took my vitamins. The night before my blood test I was convinced I was getting my period.

I hope that helps. I honestly didn't feel too different from the other IUIs. Probably because of the progesterone.
Last edited by enigm8a on Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
enigm8a
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby newandanxious » Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:47 am

Enigm8a, yeah it’s so hard to tell because pms symptoms are just like pregnancy symptoms. I’m trying not to symptom spot too much because I just kind of get obsessive and it’s not good haha. I’m doing unmedicated so not taking any progesterone. I’m so excited for you and hope I get some good news too.
newandanxious

Postby enigm8a » Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:21 am

newandanxious wrote:Enigm8a, yeah it’s so hard to tell because pms symptoms are just like pregnancy symptoms. I’m trying not to symptom spot too much because I just kind of get obsessive and it’s not good haha. I’m doing unmedicated so not taking any progesterone. I’m so excited for you and hope I get some good news too.

Sending you baby dust and calm energy. My acupuncturist suggested drinking raspberry leaf tea daily or twice daily to help thicken up your uterine lining. That's one small thing you can help do that might make you feel like you're "doing" something.
enigm8a
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby madmarmar » Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:48 am

Hi folks! I think this is the first time I'm posting here. This is my 60th TTC cycle (OMG), and my first try at IUI. IUI is scheduled for Saturday morning. I did 100mg of Clomid on CD 3-7, will do my Ovadril trigger shot tomorrow morning, and get the IUI Saturday. We have unexplained fertility, no pregnancies yet, have tried two Clomid cycles, and now are on the IUI route.

I went in for an U/S yesterday and I have one 17.5 mm follicle on the left and one 15 mm follicle on the right. The OB thinks they will be large enough for the IUI on Saturday. Fingers crossed, although i've read that the sweet spot for IUI's is the 3rd or 4th round, so I'm cautiously optimistic.

Good luck everyone!!!!!!
madmarmar
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby madmarmar » Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:55 am

OH and my lining measured 10.9 mm at my u/s.
madmarmar
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

PreviousNext

Return to IUI