April IUI

Are you trying intrauterine insemination this month? Or have some questions about IUI? This is the place for you!

Moderators: JessM, southernbelle, maddy, unaffected

Re: April IUI

Postby GleeKris10 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:04 am

madmarmar wrote:Hi folks! I think this is the first time I'm posting here. This is my 60th TTC cycle (OMG), and my first try at IUI. IUI is scheduled for Saturday morning. I did 100mg of Clomid on CD 3-7, will do my Ovadril trigger shot tomorrow morning, and get the IUI Saturday. We have unexplained fertility, no pregnancies yet, have tried two Clomid cycles, and now are on the IUI route.

I went in for an U/S yesterday and I have one 17.5 mm follicle on the left and one 15 mm follicle on the right. The OB thinks they will be large enough for the IUI on Saturday. Fingers crossed, although i've read that the sweet spot for IUI's is the 3rd or 4th round, so I'm cautiously optimistic.

Good luck everyone!!!!!!

madmarmar, good luck with your IUI! I had my first 8 days ago so I definitely know how you feel. The procedure itself is so quick...it's the TWW that is the worst! You're in good company though with fellow April IUI's. We can all wait it out together. Sending you lots of baby dust!
GleeKris10
Friend

Postby enigm8a » Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:55 pm

madmarmar wrote:Hi folks! I think this is the first time I'm posting here. This is my 60th TTC cycle (OMG), and my first try at IUI. IUI is scheduled for Saturday morning. I did 100mg of Clomid on CD 3-7, will do my Ovadril trigger shot tomorrow morning, and get the IUI Saturday. We have unexplained fertility, no pregnancies yet, have tried two Clomid cycles, and now are on the IUI route.

I went in for an U/S yesterday and I have one 17.5 mm follicle on the left and one 15 mm follicle on the right. The OB thinks they will be large enough for the IUI on Saturday. Fingers crossed, although i've read that the sweet spot for IUI's is the 3rd or 4th round, so I'm cautiously optimistic.

Good luck everyone!!!!!!

Wow, you are a rockstar. Stay positive. I wish you and your partner luck in this process. It is very frustrating and stressful. I have found listening to "circle and bloom" fertility meditations helped me (i have a discount code if you want it). If your follicles are 17.5 and 15 then by Saturday they should be great, I've read that they grow by 1-2 mm per day.
enigm8a
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby newandanxious » Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:26 pm

Enigm8a, I will for sure try the raspberry leaf tea. Is this something you drank all the time or just certain times in your cycle?

Madmarmar, welcome! I’m new as well and this is only my second iui, so I kinda get how you feel. My wife had 7 failed iuis before we decided to switch to me so it’s been a roller coaster of emotions for us both. I wish you the best of luck with your iui, keep us posted!
newandanxious

Postby enigm8a » Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:05 am

newandanxious wrote:Enigm8a, I will for sure try the raspberry leaf tea. Is this something you drank all the time or just certain times in your cycle?

Madmarmar, welcome! I’m new as well and this is only my second iui, so I kinda get how you feel. My wife had 7 failed iuis before we decided to switch to me so it’s been a roller coaster of emotions for us both. I wish you the best of luck with your iui, keep us posted!

I actually didn't drink the tea because I was taking the progesterone suppositories, but since you're doing an un-medicated cycle, I wanted to recommend it to you. I'm actually going to try to find some this weekend. Probably a health food store or whole food so I don't get "raspberry flavored" tea.

Sounds like you and your partner have been on one hell of a roller coaster. Sending you baby dust!
enigm8a
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby madmarmar » Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:36 am

I did my trigger shot this morning! It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, I had stress dreams about it all night!

I'm concerned that I ovulated yesterday though, I should have been doing OPKs but I didn't. I had a lot of weird feelings in my ovary area, and lots of EWCM. I hope my body didn't jump the gun and tomorrow is still a successful IUI!

Do doctor's check follicles before they do the IUI procedure? Or since I did a trigger shot are they assuming there are no follicles in there because I initiated ovulation?

Good luck ladies!
madmarmar
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby newandanxious » Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:41 am

Madmarmar, I believe they check follicles before you do your iui, at least they do at my clinic. I would recommend the clear blue opk with the smiley face, they are easy to read. Hope your iui goes well, I’m sure the timing is good if you used a trigger shot that usually makes it pretty precise. Good luck!
newandanxious

Postby GleeKris10 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:10 am

madmarmar, good luck with your IUI! I also recommend the clear blue OPK (the non-flashing smiley face one)...that is also what my fertility clinic recommends. Sending you lots of baby dust.

Well...looks like I'm out this month girls :( I started to have some bleeding this morning. So it looks like AF decided to show her face a whole 5 days early! The optimistic side of me is hoping that it's IB; but based on the volume and color, I highly doubt it. It's devastating. But to be honest, I'm sadly used to it by now. Onward!

Wishing you all a better ending than what I got this month! Baby dust to you all!
GleeKris10
Friend

Postby madmarmar » Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:28 am

GleeKris10 wrote:madmarmar, good luck with your IUI! I also recommend the clear blue OPK (the non-flashing smiley face one)...that is also what my fertility clinic recommends. Sending you lots of baby dust.

Well...looks like I'm out this month girls :( I started to have some bleeding this morning. So it looks like AF decided to show her face a whole 5 days early! The optimistic side of me is hoping that it's IB; but based on the volume and color, I highly doubt it. It's devastating. But to be honest, I'm sadly used to it by now. Onward!

Wishing you all a better ending than what I got this month! Baby dust to you all!

Nooo! I'm sorry about AF GleeKris! Thank you for the good luck, I hope we all have good/better luck in the coming cycles. TTC is so mentally and (especially now that I'm on all these drugs!) physically draining.
madmarmar
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby newandanxious » Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:07 am

I’m so sorry Gleekris... still holding out hope for you that it’s IB.. I already feel like AF is on the way but it’s way too early for that, but also way too early for preg symptoms so who knows. Breasts are just super sore usually they don’t get sore till about a week before AF.. ah well who knows. Gleekris will you be doing iui in may if this one is bfn?
newandanxious

Postby GleeKris10 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:50 am

Thanks, girls! It's definitely not the ending I was hoping for. But, just gotta keep moving forward.

We will likely skip next month to take a break. It's been a rough road and I think I just need a little time to heal emotionally and mentally from all this. TTC can take a toll and we've been at this for years now. We will likely do a couple more rounds of IUI before moving on to IVF. I'm hoping it doesn't have to come to that.

I wish nothing but a happy, healthy journey to baby for all of you. Lots of love!!! Get those BFPs!
GleeKris10
Friend

Postby enigm8a » Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:55 am

GleeKris10 wrote:Thanks, girls! It's definitely not the ending I was hoping for. But, just gotta keep moving forward.

We will likely skip next month to take a break. It's been a rough road and I think I just need a little time to heal emotionally and mentally from all this. TTC can take a toll and we've been at this for years now. We will likely do a couple more rounds of IUI before moving on to IVF. I'm hoping it doesn't have to come to that.

I wish nothing but a happy, healthy journey to baby for all of you. Lots of love!!! Get those BFPs!

I'm so so sorry. I know how heartbreaking this process can be. Sending you lots of love.
enigm8a
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby enigm8a » Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:58 am

hi folks, i had my second blood test this morning and the results are not great.

I went from 109 HCG, Wednesday 14dpIUI, to 189 HCG today, 16dpIUI. i'm having another blood test on Monday to see if my numbers increase but this is not a good sign. Likely I'm 1. miscarrying 2. having an ectopic pregnancy 3. rare occurrence of slow growing hcg.

this weekend is going to suck.
enigm8a
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby newandanxious » Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:15 pm

Gleekris, I’m so sorry you’re going through this. It’s wise to take a month off and regroup though and put yourself in a better place emotionally and try and just relax and enjoy a break.

Enigm8a, I’m so sorry about your blood results, I’ve seen cases where numbers don’t double right away like they are suppose to but still end up with a successful pregnancy. I’m hoping that’s the case for you and sending lots of baby dust your way.

Where do all you ladies live anyway? I’m in Canada..
newandanxious

Postby GleeKris10 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:52 pm

enigm8a, I'm sorry to hear about your blood test. But it doesn't mean you're out! I have also heard about slow developing hcg...so it's not over until it's over!

I just spoke to my RE and he said that the bleeding is "totally normal" and "can be expected after an IUI". Very vague if you ask me. He did just prescribe me progesterone (which I always thought was prescribed before IUIs), so I'll be taking that tonight. He said he would also still like for me to test next week. We shall see...

I'm in California :)
GleeKris10
Friend

Postby newandanxious » Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:07 pm

Gleekris,
I have been wanting to ask my doctor about progesterone, I’ve heard of people on unmedicattd cycles taking progesterone and I’m wondering why it wasn’t prescribe to me. Did your doctor prescribe it to you related to the spotting you were having? Like you said usually it’s prescribed earlier and taken days following iui but I don’t know...
newandanxious

PreviousNext

Return to IUI