April IUI

Are you trying intrauterine insemination this month? Or have some questions about IUI? This is the place for you!

Moderators: JessM, southernbelle, maddy, unaffected

Re: April IUI

Postby GleeKris10 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:49 pm

newandanxious, I believe he prescribed it to me as a result of my bleeding. I had spoken to him a few days after my IUI and inquired about progesterone then, but he didn't think it was necessary. I was pretty shocked he prescribed it now. I've also heard of many women taking progesterone shortly after ovulation and wondered why he didn't prescribe it sooner.

*crossing fingers* it helps with whatever is going on with me.
GleeKris10
Friend

Postby newandanxious » Fri Apr 27, 2018 4:46 pm

Gleekris,
Hmm interesting, I’ll definitely have to ask about it next time I go in. I hope it works for you, can’t wait to hear what happens, best of luck!
newandanxious

Postby madmarmar » Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:08 am

Hi y’all! My husband and I leave to drop off our sample in about 2 hours, then the IUI is about 3 hours from now. As long as it’s not as uncomfortable as the HSG I think I can handle it.

I hope you all have a good weekend!
madmarmar
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby newandanxious » Sat Apr 28, 2018 2:51 pm

Madmarmar, that’s exciting, wishing you best of luck. Typically iui’s aren’t painful and are fairly quick so you shouldn’t have any issues!
newandanxious

Postby madmarmar » Sat Apr 28, 2018 3:16 pm

Ayayay. Appointment didn’t go super great.

First, they did the wash and the Dr said husband’s counts weren’t good. She said post wash he had 10 million/ml, the notes say “BO 10 million/ml” (I’m not sure what the BO stands for.

She wasn’t my normal Dr, so she asked why we didn’t have a semen analysis done prior to this iui and that she wouldn’t have even bothered with the iui if she had known about his counts, because I probably won’t get pregnant without IVF. Then we did the procedure and she had trouble putting the catheter in my cervix so she had to use another tool to hold the cervix in place and that hurt like hell, and made me spot.

So. I’m pretty disheartened by her comments that she doesn’t think I’ll get pregnant without IVF, but I’m also confused because I thought 10 mil would have been a good count? She wasn’t my normal doctor so I think her bedside manner was kind of flippant. Ugh. I guess the two week wait begins.

Does anyone know what BO stands for in terms of semen analysis or if 10 mil post wash is good/bad?
madmarmar
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby GleeKris10 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 3:52 pm

madmarmar, I'm sorry that your appointment did not go so well. That Dr sounds awful! I don't know what BO stands for, but my husband's count post-wash was less than your husband's and my RE said that it was good count! He said anything over 4 mil was a good count. It's so frustrating that every Dr can tell you something different. Anyhow...you only need ONE of them to get the job done, so don't lose hope! It is still very possible. Here's to a fast TWW!

Update on my condition: The spotting has definitely decreased. Almost none actually, so I'm hoping it's a good sign!
GleeKris10
Friend

Postby newandanxious » Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:28 pm

Madmarmar,
I think that’s a good count. I’ve been purchasing donor sperm and the count is typically 13 million and I’m told that is a good count. However so many ppl seem to have much higher count than that but our sperm bank quarrntees good counts and motility and all the nurses and docs say that’s a good count... so I’m not sure why they told you otherwise. Sorry to hear the procedure didn’t go well, I’ve heard of that tool thingy they sometimes use and it sounds awful. Don’t get discouraged, I think you have as good of a shot as anyone!!

Gleekris,
That sounds promising!!! How many days post iui are you?
newandanxious

Postby GleeKris10 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:27 pm

newandanxious, I'm 10dpiui and I'm trying soooo hard not to test! I promised myself I won't test until exactly 14dpiui (assuming AF doesn't show her face). Let's see if I can actually wait that long :D
GleeKris10
Friend

Postby newandanxious » Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:25 pm

Gleekris,
I told myself I wouldn’t test this month either but I don’t know if I’ll stay true to that. I’m 5dpiui now and only symptoms I have are sore breasts (I always get this like a week before af but I’ve had it since ovulation this time so I don’t know, likely just hormones trying to mess with me. Also some dull cramping probably just from the procedure. Other than that nothing... so kind of discouraged although it’s only day 5 so I really shouldn’t be overthinking things yet.
newandanxious

Postby madmarmar » Sun Apr 29, 2018 11:58 am

GleeKris...any updates?????? I finally have time to catch up on some forum stuff, I’m hoping that it was just IB!

Did you do a trigger shot with this IUI? If yes, then it kind of forces you to wait to POAS because fo the false-positive that can come from it. Good luck!!
madmarmar
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby GleeKris10 » Sun Apr 29, 2018 3:07 pm

Hi ladies, so unfortunately today the spotting came back. Uggghhh!!! I really don't know what to make of it since it happens so intermittently. One day spotting, the next day not, and now it's back. I'm 11dpiui today so I only have a few more days left. But I'm not getting too hopeful about it. I will let ya'll know what becomes of it. Hopefully, it's still IB.

madmarmar, I did not do a trigger shot with my IUI. 3 more days before I can POAS!
GleeKris10
Friend

Postby enigm8a » Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:57 am

Hi folks,

sounds like we are doing a lot of waiting right now. GleeKris10, stay strong on testing. If you're going to do it, only do it the night before. It's so painful to get info only to be told you are wrong.

If it helps at all, I felt like I was getting my period before my blood test and even today 19 days post IUI. I was VERY concerned about my hcg levels growing slowly (14dopIUI = 109, 16dopIUI = 182) and I was convinced I was getting my period/miscarrying and the progesterone suppositories was blocking it. I went in for blood work today and my levels jumped to 539. And it STILL feels like I'm about to get my period so I guess early pregnancy = period pain.
enigm8a
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby GleeKris10 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:32 pm

enigm8a, OMG that's amazing!!!! So happy for you! It definitely gives the rest of us hope. Sending your little bean lots of love!

newandanxious, the TWW is the worst! I don't know how I've managed to make it this long. I just keep telling myself that getting a BFN is just going to send me into a spiral, so if I'm going to get one, I'd rather just get it once and move on--rather than having that little voice in my head saying "It's probably too early". You're doing great. Just hang in there!
GleeKris10
Friend

Postby newandanxious » Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:44 pm

Enigm8a, that’s wonderful news, glad to hear your little bean is growing!! Sending lots of love your way :)

Gleekris,
I feel the same way. The reason I don’t want to test this time is because it’s like being letdown twice, once with the bfn and then again when period comes. That being said I would be so excited if I got to see this two pink lines. Any symptoms you have? I’ve had some cramping but it’s so hard early... breast tenderness seems to be subsiding.
newandanxious

Postby enigm8a » Mon Apr 30, 2018 1:37 pm

newandanxious, I completely agree. This was my fourth IUI and I did a test on my third. So the test was negative, then the next day my blood test was negative, and then a day after that, I got my period. Really traumatizing.
enigm8a
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

PreviousNext

Return to IUI