April IUI

Are you trying intrauterine insemination this month? Or have some questions about IUI? This is the place for you!

Moderators: JessM, southernbelle, maddy, unaffected

Re: April IUI

Postby madmarmar » Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:16 pm

Enigm8a!!! I'm so happy for you, what great news about your test results!
madmarmar
BabyDuster
BabyDuster
 
Posts: 115
Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:43 am

Re: April IUI

Postby madmarmar » Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:18 pm

For the gals waiting to test, what are the dates you are waiting for until you begin testing?

I'm trying to hold out until 5/13 (which by pure coincidence is Mother's Day) which would be 14dpiui. I'm seeing all types of family on 5/12 and I don't want to be super bummed around them or super excited about hiding a secret BFP.
madmarmar
BabyDuster
BabyDuster
 
Posts: 115
Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:43 am

Re: April IUI

Postby Karo » Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:33 pm

Good Evening ladies,

Hopefully you ladies don't mind be jumping on this forum so late in the month. I was supposed to do IVF this month but even with all the meds I only produced one mature follicle so they switched me over to an IUI. Did my trigger shot last Wednesday and then had the IUI done that Thursday morning the 26th. I have been taking baby aspirin since then. As directed by the Dr. started Crinone Saturday morning which I will be administrating till my test date of May 10th.

Just wanted to drop by and say hi and wishing you all BFP's!

Enigma8a... I am so happy to hear that your levels have raised since last week. Sending positive thoughts your way!!!
Karo
Member
Member
 
Posts: 37
Joined: Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:11 am

Re: April IUI

Postby GleeKris10 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 4:42 pm

Karo, welcome! You're just in time...there's still a few of us in our TWW. Wishing you a speedy TWW! If not, there's always distraction on this forum :wink:

newandanxious, I *barely* had symptoms post IUI. Some mild cramping and mild breast tenderness. Nothing out of the ordinary except that it happened a lot sooner than when I usually get them for AF. I'm still spotting so I don't know what to make of that either. (sigh)

madmarmar, I'm waiting out until 14dpiui. I'm currently 12dpiui so it'll be the longest two days ever!
GleeKris10
Friend
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:09 pm

Re: April IUI

Postby newandanxious » Mon Apr 30, 2018 5:20 pm

Madmarmar,
I’m day 6 post iui so I can’t test for a bit and may try to resist testing. I just think I’ll be double bummed out if it’s negative with mother’s day coming up. I think we would all love those bfps before Mother’s day, how nice would that be!?

Gleekris, I never know what signs to look for but realistically most women don’t even know till they miss their period so it’s silly to try and symptom spot.
newandanxious
Member
Member
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:53 pm

Re: April IUI

Postby madmarmar » Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:52 pm

madmarmar wrote:Ayayay. Appointment didn’t go super great.

First, they did the wash and the Dr said husband’s counts weren’t good. She said post wash he had 10 million/ml, the notes say “BO 10 million/ml” (I’m not sure what the BO stands for.

She wasn’t my normal Dr, so she asked why we didn’t have a semen analysis done prior to this iui and that she wouldn’t have even bothered with the iui if she had known about his counts, because I probably won’t get pregnant without IVF. Then we did the procedure and she had trouble putting the catheter in my cervix so she had to use another tool to hold the cervix in place and that hurt like hell, and made me spot.

So. I’m pretty disheartened by her comments that she doesn’t think I’ll get pregnant without IVF, but I’m also confused because I thought 10 mil would have been a good count? She wasn’t my normal doctor so I think her bedside manner was kind of flippant. Ugh. I guess the two week wait begins.

Does anyone know what BO stands for in terms of semen analysis or if 10 mil post wash is good/bad?


FYI i emailed my doctor and she said that “BO” meant Back Office, and she confirmed that on her microscope she saw “low count” and “low motility” but that their microscope is not as powerful as the one used for a formal semen analysis, so our future semen analysis appointment should give us more information.

TTC makes me so damn impatient and nutty. I’m only 2dpiui and I already feel like I’m losing my mind!
madmarmar
BabyDuster
BabyDuster
 
Posts: 115
Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:43 am

Re: April IUI

Postby newandanxious » Tue May 01, 2018 6:42 am

Madmarmar, I know the feeling... longest two weeks ever. Like I said before 10mil is a pretty good count. That being said I don’t know what the motility and morphology is and those are very important too. My wife and I were thinking of switching donors as we’ve done 8 unsuccessful iuis with the same donor. The clinic can’t really give us an answer as to if that will make a difference though. I guess we will just use what we have and then choose a new donor.

Side note- my wife had been put on the list for IVF and they called her the other day, she will be starting the process in a few months. Maybe we will be pregnant at the same time haha. At this point we would probably welcome the chaos.
newandanxious
Member
Member
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:53 pm

Re: April IUI

Postby madmarmar » Tue May 01, 2018 7:11 am

Karo wrote:Good Evening ladies,

Hopefully you ladies don't mind be jumping on this forum so late in the month. I was supposed to do IVF this month but even with all the meds I only produced one mature follicle so they switched me over to an IUI. Did my trigger shot last Wednesday and then had the IUI done that Thursday morning the 26th. I have been taking baby aspirin since then. As directed by the Dr. started Crinone Saturday morning which I will be administrating till my test date of May 10th.

Just wanted to drop by and say hi and wishing you all BFP's!

Enigma8a... I am so happy to hear that your levels have raised since last week. Sending positive thoughts your way!!!


Hello & welcome Karo!

I'm curious, what is the baby aspirin for? Does it help with implantation or something?
madmarmar
BabyDuster
BabyDuster
 
Posts: 115
Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:43 am

Re: April IUI

Postby madmarmar » Tue May 01, 2018 7:13 am

newandanxious wrote:Madmarmar, I know the feeling... longest two weeks ever. Like I said before 10mil is a pretty good count. That being said I don’t know what the motility and morphology is and those are very important too. My wife and I were thinking of switching donors as we’ve done 8 unsuccessful iuis with the same donor. The clinic can’t really give us an answer as to if that will make a difference though. I guess we will just use what we have and then choose a new donor.

Side note- my wife had been put on the list for IVF and they called her the other day, she will be starting the process in a few months. Maybe we will be pregnant at the same time haha. At this point we would probably welcome the chaos.


Although it would be a lot going on, I think it would be so crazy awesome and special to be pregnant at the same time as your wife! How cool!
madmarmar
BabyDuster
BabyDuster
 
Posts: 115
Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:43 am

Re: April IUI

Postby madmarmar » Tue May 01, 2018 7:19 am

I logged in to my amazon account this morning and saw my husband ordered all kinds of supplements & vitamins. I guess his poor semen analysis is really motivating him to get his diet/health in gear.
madmarmar
BabyDuster
BabyDuster
 
Posts: 115
Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:43 am

Re: April IUI

Postby hdawson7 » Tue May 01, 2018 7:37 am

Good Morning Ladies, jumping right in here with ya'll to wait out the remaining TWW. I'm 8 days post IUI, 2nd month with clomid/trigger shot combo & prog sup. Last month my boobs hurt like crazy & i was exhausted. When I got the BFN, i was really upset. I thought all my "symptoms" were a good indication.

This month, no symptoms. Although, I'm not sure if it's related at all but I've had lower back pain for the last several days. I never have back pain. It's strange.
Blood levels were taken on CD21 Progesterone Level: 12.1 & E2: 149 Anyone want to chime on on those numbers?

(side note) Madmarmar, I'm so sorry you had that experience.
hdawson7
Member
Member
 
Posts: 27
Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2018 5:12 am

Re: April IUI

Postby GleeKris10 » Tue May 01, 2018 7:45 am

madmarmar, glad to know that BO meant nothing! If it helps, my DH, though his count is normal, has low motility and low morphology. He was put on Clomid by his Urologist and it did improve his numbers some. He also uses "Fertility Blend"--which was also recommended by his Urologist, as well as my acupuncturist.

newandanxious, LOL the more the merrier I say!

Well ladies, I'm officially out this month. AF decided to show her face this morning. While I'm sad about it, in a sense I'm also relieved. The past couple of weeks have been such an emotional roller coaster (particularly the last few days), that I'm kind of glad it's over and I can focus on moving on. I'm going to take this cycle off and start again next month! While this month didn't work out for me, I still have my fingers and toes crossed for all of you! Sending you all lots of love and baby dust!
GleeKris10
Friend
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:09 pm

Re: April IUI

Postby madmarmar » Tue May 01, 2018 8:23 am

GleeKris: Dangit AF! I'm so sorry. What a roller coaster this whole process is. I wonder what the deal was with the spotting you were experiencing the other day, maybe just a side effect of something. I hope you can enjoy your "month off" and get some relaxing time to yourself to recharge for the next TTC cycle.
madmarmar
BabyDuster
BabyDuster
 
Posts: 115
Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:43 am

Re: April IUI

Postby madmarmar » Tue May 01, 2018 8:25 am

hdawson7 wrote:Good Morning Ladies, jumping right in here with ya'll to wait out the remaining TWW. I'm 8 days post IUI, 2nd month with clomid/trigger shot combo & prog sup. Last month my boobs hurt like crazy & i was exhausted. When I got the BFN, i was really upset. I thought all my "symptoms" were a good indication.

This month, no symptoms. Although, I'm not sure if it's related at all but I've had lower back pain for the last several days. I never have back pain. It's strange.
Blood levels were taken on CD21 Progesterone Level: 12.1 & E2: 149 Anyone want to chime on on those numbers?

(side note) Madmarmar, I'm so sorry you had that experience.


Welcome! Good luck in your TWW!! I'm not familiar with what progesterone levels mean, so i can't chime in on your numbers, sorry!
madmarmar
BabyDuster
BabyDuster
 
Posts: 115
Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:43 am

Re: April IUI

Postby enigm8a » Tue May 01, 2018 1:55 pm

GleeKris10, I'm so so sorry. I wish you lots of luck in your next try!

Hdawson, any progesterone level over 10 is good. They put me on progesterone suppositories because I was at an 8. I've been taking them every IUI ever since. I'm still on them and likely will be on them for a few more weeks!
enigm8a
BabyDuster
BabyDuster
 
Posts: 73
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:52 am

PreviousNext

Return to IUI