Iui

Are you trying intrauterine insemination this month? Or have some questions about IUI? This is the place for you!

Moderators: JessM, southernbelle, maddy, unaffected

Iui

Postby Trishalane87 » Sat May 12, 2018 5:07 am

Hey everyone!
I had my day 10 follicle tracking u/s on Thursday and they clinic called to book us i for our iui on Tuesday! I asked how many there were and there were 7! ( I’ve only ever had 2 or 3) however my biggest one was only 16mm. An hour later they called to book another u/s for Monday I’m kinda freaking out cause I’ve
Only ever had the one ultrasound and then had the iui. My mom works in ultrasound and said it’s really unusual that I’ve NEVER had a 2nd or event 3rd ultrasound. Just seeing what ever one has had. And if any has had that many follicles or more and they have still done the iui? And if you’ve had that small of follicles at your first u/s? Thanks!!
Trishalane87

Re: Iui

Postby efforttostaypositive » Tue May 15, 2018 10:17 pm

In my previous IUI cycle, i had 6 follicles, but only 2 were mature enough. I've been told that its more about quality, and less about quantity. I'm currently on my 8th day past the Iui. Hoping for positive results but had no symptoms yet. I too had only one ultrasound before my IUI. If your doctor feels that its a good size, you wont need any more ultrasounds. Trust him and stay calm. Hope this cycle goes very well for you.

Baby dust!
efforttostaypositive
Friend

Postby Alana90 » Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:00 am

Hey! Hope everything is good. To my knowledge eggs quantity really doesn't matter. Egg quality does matter. I interacted with two of the IVF women two days before I guess. One had some great number of eggs extracted and the other had few numbers. But luckily the women with few numbers got fertilized well. Have no idea about another women progress. Hope she is doing fine too.Though I don't know about all such terms much. But just wanted to make you feel well and worry less about such thing. Hope you get out of all the worries soon. There might be things that seem working wrong or in the other way that looks confusing. But Maybe that's how it was supposed to work. Stay calm and let the things work. I wish all turn out well.
You made this post in late May. I would love to hear the progress until now. Hope you are doing well.
Alana90

Postby anayahill » Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:10 am

In my previous IUI cycle, i had 6 follicles, but only 2 were mature enough. I've been told that its more about quality, and less about quantity. I'm currently on my 8th day past the Iui. Hoping for positive results but had no symptoms yet. I too had only one ultrasound before my IUI. If your doctor feels that its a good size, you wont need any more ultrasounds. Trust him and stay calm. Hope this cycle goes very well for you.

Baby dust!
anayahill
Friend

Postby Trishalane87 » Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:04 pm

Unfortunately it didn’t work
But I’m going to take a rest I think I can only have 1 more iui before we have to ivf
I’ve been told to go see a naturopath so I’m going to that and see if it helps!
Trishalane87

Postby cindywoolfe » Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:38 am

Hello there. IUIs are a tricky thing. Don't worry about it. It needs a lot of patience. Just keep the faith. I'm sure it'll be fine. Good luck to you!
cindywoolfe
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Return to IUI