IUI cancelled...next step?

Are you trying intrauterine insemination this month? Or have some questions about IUI? This is the place for you!

Moderators: JessM, southernbelle, maddy, unaffected

IUI cancelled...next step?

Postby Lasvegasnic » Sat Jun 30, 2018 12:47 pm

So I was on 5 days of 5mg Letrozole and nothing happened. During the same cycle they put me on another 5 days of Letrozole but now at 7.5mg. My follicles started to grow but I only got to 14mm and estrogen 38. They have cancelled my cycle. I go in next week to meet with the doctor to make a new fertility plan. Has anyone had that happen that meds didn’t work and IUI was cancelled? Any idea what the next step might be? I am hoping more aggressive meds and try IUI again or maybe just skip right to IVF.
Lasvegasnic

Re: IUI cancelled...next step?

Postby BeeCee33 » Sat Jun 30, 2018 1:50 pm

I haven't had this experience, but I've been reading up on what the general path is they like to try. A lot of docs will offer letrozole or clomid and injectables with IUI if the letrozole or clomid didn't work on its own. Injectables are expensive, but still cheaper than ivf!

I read about it on this site, which is just a random fertility clinic in Wisconsin that came up when I was looking for info. They have it laid out pretty clearly, although I don't know how this compares to other clinics. I imagine they all go through a similar process, though. http://wisconsinfertility.com/education ... fertility/
Me (Becca): 33 DH:38

BFP Feb 20, 2017 :angel: mc @ 5 weeks

BFP June 2, 2017 :angel: mc @ 5 weeks

Henry James born 7/2015

Giving letrozole a try at 2.5 mg:
Cycle 1-- BFN
Cycle 2-- BFN
Added progesterone
Cycle 3-- BFN
Cycle 4-- BFN
Cycle 5-- IUI #1 10/4/18
My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Lasvegasnic » Sat Jun 30, 2018 4:00 pm

Thank you that was very helpful. I have not tried injectibles yet so maybe that is the way they will go. I’m not opposed to IVF however I would atleast like to try IUI first and it was very disappointing that on my first cycle I couldn’t even do the procedure.
Lasvegasnic

Postby BeeCee33 » Sat Jun 30, 2018 4:24 pm

Yeah, that is so disappointing! Hopefully you have better luck with a combo of meds!
Me (Becca): 33 DH:38

BFP Feb 20, 2017 :angel: mc @ 5 weeks

BFP June 2, 2017 :angel: mc @ 5 weeks

Henry James born 7/2015

Giving letrozole a try at 2.5 mg:
Cycle 1-- BFN
Cycle 2-- BFN
Added progesterone
Cycle 3-- BFN
Cycle 4-- BFN
Cycle 5-- IUI #1 10/4/18
My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby sidneywhite » Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:42 am

Hi there, how are you doing? Sorry to hear about your experience. I can feel your pain. Not getting pregnant again is a serious issue. Please consult as soon as possible to your doctor. I am doubting the infertility. Same happened with me. I got pregnant 3 times but all were miscarriages within 2 months. After that doctor diagnosis infertility. My husband and i decided to try surrogacy. We consulted a good clinic of Ukraine for surrogacy. The clinic was a reputed one. They found a surrogate for us after testing. Now we have a surrogate baby. We are thankful to them for making our dream come true. I hope your problem will be solved soon. Good luck
sidneywhite
Friend

Return to IUI