IUI - August

Are you trying intrauterine insemination this month? Or have some questions about IUI? This is the place for you!

Moderators: JessM, southernbelle, maddy, unaffected

IUI - August

Postby Chrissiesp » Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:18 am

Hi all, I’m 3 days post IUI #1 and can’t think of anything else! Is anyone else having an August IUI?
Chrissiesp

Re: IUI - August

Postby BeeCee33 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:58 pm

I'm not, but my mind is racing with the possibility of doing it next cycle! I'm 3 dpo on our 3rd cycle of letrozole. The plan was to give it 6 cycles and then move on to IUI, but we've been trying for #2 for 2 years and I'm just ready to do whatever I can. On paper, this cycle looks nearly perfect with plenty of ewcm and a great BD schedule, so I'm hoping this one works. If it doesn't, I'm ready to move to IUI, which my doc says I can do any time I feel ready. It's a big step, though!
Me (Becca): 33 DH:38

BFP Feb 20, 2017 :angel: mc @ 5 weeks

BFP June 2, 2017 :angel: mc @ 5 weeks

Henry James born 7/2015

Giving letrozole a try at 2.5 mg:
Cycle 1-- BFN
Cycle 2-- BFN
Added progesterone
Cycle 3-- BFN
Cycle 4-- BFN
Cycle 5-- IUI #1 10/4/18
My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby kbarksdale » Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:22 am

Good Morning,
I just did my first IUI yesterday and im counting down the TWW
kbarksdale

Postby Chrissiesp » Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:13 am

BeeCee - How’s it going? Are you feeling anything? IUI is indeed a big step but definitely worth a shot! Kbarksdale - We’re both newbies to IUI! How was the procedure for you? I’m on day 9 now and I can’t cope! Five days until I can test :)
Chrissiesp

Postby madmarmar » Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:54 am

Hi folks! Good luck to everyone doing their IUI this august!

After an abysmal SA in my April/May IUI, my husband started an intense regimen of supplements and had another SA done on Monday. The results came back much better so we have a greenlight for another IUI, it'll be done around August 29. I'm really excited and hopeful, but used to being dissappointed so trying not to obsess too much. I suppose I AM already getting a little bit obsessed, seeing as I'm not even in the TWW yet and counting my days.

So now i'm on CD 3, starting clomid today, will take my Ovidrel trigger shot around August 28, but I have an U/S follicle check scheudled for 8/27 so I'll know more then about how my eggies are growing. This is TTC cycle 64 for me. Let's hope number 64 is a charm....because this gal is getting broke and cray cray.

Cheers and baby dust to all!
madmarmar
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby BeeCee33 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:55 pm

Chrissie, I'm 9 dpo and I don't have much going on. I tested today and bfn. I have had some cramping here and there and a few other random things, but I'm also on 200 mg progesterone daily this cycle and I think that's what it is.

I'm honestly having a really rough day. I know there's still time, but my gut says it's a no this cycle. My desire was to move in to IUI this coming cycle, but we may be out of town around O. Hubby is in no hurry and it's hard to tell if he just doesn't see why we need to rush it (the original plan was 6 cycles on letrozole before IUI, so IUI in December) or if he just doesn't want to go through the process of delivering a sample! It's probably a bit of both.

I am just getting so worn down with all of this and each letrozole cycle that goes by without success is like salt in an open wound.

I think I also psyched myself out today-- my doc is so laid back about it all. She said I can do IUI whenever I want-- just to let her know when I get my positive opk and they'll get us in the next day. No monitoring before that, no trigger or anything. I looked up some info and found that washed sperm only live up to 24 hours and 6 to 8 hours is the average. I usually O 2 days after my first positive opk, so I'm confused about when to request it. I don't want to waste the money if the timing is off!

I want to do the IUI partly because we haven't done a SA yet. We do have one son who is 3, but I keep wondering if all this heartache every month for the last 2 years isn't just an issue with me? Like I said, I don't think hubby is eager to get that done, so if he has to do it, we might as well put it in there afterwards, which my doctor agreed with.

Gah, idk, I'm babbling, but I'm just feeling really desperate lately. I just want to get this figured out.

Anyway, how are you doing? Any promising symptoms?

Madmarmar, welcome! I'm curious, what supplements did hubby take? If I'm lucky I'll be about a week or so behind you.

Henry James born 7/2015

Cycle 1-- BFN
Cycle 2-- BFN
Added progesterone
Cycle 3-- BFN
Cycle 4-- BFN
Cycle 5-- IUI #1 10/4/18
My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby KEEPINGtheFAITH247 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 6:21 am

Hello, Everyone!!!

I pray that everyone is doing well, I am new to this site so please bare with me as I try to learn the language and talk, when reading and posting to this site! My DH and I have been trying to conceive for about 3 years now! I have a son from a previous marriage so I know I should be able to conceive.....we have had him checked so the problem is with me!!! My tube on my left side is blocked but my right is clear!! We are trying iui for the first time and I’m nervous and excited all at the same time!! Can anyone please sure there experience please!!! Thank you and looking forward to hearing from anyone soon!!!
KEEPINGtheFAITH247

Postby madmarmar » Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:50 am

KEEPINGtheFAITH247 wrote:Hello, Everyone!!!

I pray that everyone is doing well, I am new to this site so please bare with me as I try to learn the language and talk, when reading and posting to this site! My DH and I have been trying to conceive for about 3 years now! I have a son from a previous marriage so I know I should be able to conceive.....we have had him checked so the problem is with me!!! My tube on my left side is blocked but my right is clear!! We are trying iui for the first time and I’m nervous and excited all at the same time!! Can anyone please sure there experience please!!! Thank you and looking forward to hearing from anyone soon!!!

Welcome and good luck/baby dust to you Keepingthefaith!

I did my first IUI in April and it was an interesting experience. The doctor had a hard time putting the catheter into my cervix and had to use a tentaculum to hold it in place (kind of like mini forceps?) which hurt and led to me spotting. It was not unbearable by any means though. The two week wait was much worse in terms of bearability (I'm awful during the TWW, so impatient and stressed out!).

When do you think your IUI will be scheduled? Keep us posted!
madmarmar
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby madmarmar » Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:56 am

BeeCee33 wrote:Chrissie, I'm 9 dpo and I don't have much going on. I tested today and bfn. I have had some cramping here and there and a few other random things, but I'm also on 200 mg progesterone daily this cycle and I think that's what it is.

I'm honestly having a really rough day. I know there's still time, but my gut says it's a no this cycle. My desire was to move in to IUI this coming cycle, but we may be out of town around O. Hubby is in no hurry and it's hard to tell if he just doesn't see why we need to rush it (the original plan was 6 cycles on letrozole before IUI, so IUI in December) or if he just doesn't want to go through the process of delivering a sample! It's probably a bit of both.

I am just getting so worn down with all of this and each letrozole cycle that goes by without success is like salt in an open wound.

I think I also psyched myself out today-- my doc is so laid back about it all. She said I can do IUI whenever I want-- just to let her know when I get my positive opk and they'll get us in the next day. No monitoring before that, no trigger or anything. I looked up some info and found that washed sperm only live up to 24 hours and 6 to 8 hours is the average. I usually O 2 days after my first positive opk, so I'm confused about when to request it. I don't want to waste the money if the timing is off!

I want to do the IUI partly because we haven't done a SA yet. We do have one son who is 3, but I keep wondering if all this heartache every month for the last 2 years isn't just an issue with me? Like I said, I don't think hubby is eager to get that done, so if he has to do it, we might as well put it in there afterwards, which my doctor agreed with.

Gah, idk, I'm babbling, but I'm just feeling really desperate lately. I just want to get this figured out.

Anyway, how are you doing? Any promising symptoms?

Madmarmar, welcome! I'm curious, what supplements did hubby take? If I'm lucky I'll be about a week or so behind you.

Hi BeeCee! Anything new, now you're probably 10 or 11 dpo?

Supplements that my husband is taking are fertilaid, count boost, motility boost, fish oil, ashwaganda, milk thistle, and some other ones related to cholesterol and vitamin d. Since we are doing IUI this cycle we also have not been drinking (we are wine/beer with dinner people...it's been a lame few weeks), and have been more active with regular exercise and multiple walks during the day.

If you're concerned about the timing of the IUI, could you ask your doctor if you could do a trigger shot? They also usually do some sort of quick semen analysis before the IUI, so you'll get some feedback on your husband if he didn't go in for just the analysis.

Good luck! :) :) :)
madmarmar
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby KEEPINGtheFAITH247 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:05 am

madmarmar wrote:
KEEPINGtheFAITH247 wrote:Hello, Everyone!!!

Welcome and good luck/baby dust to you Keepingthefaith!

I did my first IUI in April and it was an interesting experience. The doctor had a hard time putting the catheter into my cervix and had to use a tentaculum to hold it in place (kind of like mini forceps?) which hurt and led to me spotting. It was not unbearable by any means though. The two week wait was much worse in terms of bearability (I'm awful during the TWW, so impatient and stressed out!).

When do you think your IUI will be scheduled? Keep us posted!

Thank you so much!! I’m not sure, I have an appointment this coming Sat. Aug 18!! My DH and I took a few months off because it just took a toll on the both of us mentally and physically(me)!! I’m just really hopeful that this time is really it because I don’t think I can handle another disappointment!! I’ll be sure to keep you posted and you please do the same!!
KEEPINGtheFAITH247

Postby Chrissiesp » Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:20 am

Hi everyone! How are you all today?
It’s been a long week at work for me and now it’ll be a long weekend off trying to resist the urge to test! 11dpiui and I’m cramping a lot this morning, hoping it’s not a bad thing.
Anyone got any news??
Chrissiesp

Postby Janeen1 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:56 am

Hey, there. I hope you're alright. Just want to wish you luck on this. IUI is a great procedure. I hope you get success from it. My prayers are with you! Good luck and good day.
Janeen1

Postby cindywoolfe » Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:15 am

Hi, honey. Good luck on this journey. I really hope it goes smoothly. IUI is a method that requires patience. I really hope it works for you. My prayers are with you! It'll happen!!
cindywoolfe
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby BeeCee33 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:34 pm

Oh good... The spammers have found this thread... They are ruining this once great forum!

So I made my peace the other day with this cycle not working out. I was only 9 dpo but I just felt in my gut this wasn't our cycle. I took a test yesterday at 10 dpo and there was nothing on it within the first hour. Then I came back to this weird *I think* dye run? But the test now just had a pink line on it. It's a tiny bit fuzzy though. I feel very weird today wondering if there's any chance it could be legitimate! I decided I'm going to assume it's a faulty test and then I'll test tomorrow afternoon, which will have been 48 hours from the weird test. If it was in fact picking up HCG, it should be high enough to detect within the time limit by then. I'm trying not to get attached to the idea that I still have a chance, but I'm sure hoping to be surprised!
Attachments
IMG_20180818_133420.jpg
IMG_20180818_133420.jpg (85.26 KiB) Viewed 660 times

Henry James born 7/2015

Cycle 1-- BFN
Cycle 2-- BFN
Added progesterone
Cycle 3-- BFN
Cycle 4-- BFN
Cycle 5-- IUI #1 10/4/18
My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby BeeCee33 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:35 pm

Oh good... The spammers have found this thread... They are ruining this once great forum!

So I made my peace the other day with this cycle not working out. I was only 9 dpo but I just felt in my gut this wasn't our cycle. I took a test yesterday at 10 dpo and there was nothing on it within the first hour. Then I came back to this weird *I think* dye run? But the test now just had a pink line on it. It's a tiny bit fuzzy though. I feel very weird today wondering if there's any chance it could be legitimate! I decided I'm going to assume it's a faulty test and then I'll test tomorrow afternoon, which will have been 48 hours from the weird test. If it was in fact picking up HCG, it should be high enough to detect within the time limit by then. I'm trying not to get attached to the idea that I still have a chance, but I'm sure hoping to be surprised!

I'm having trouble uploading the picture. I'll try again in a few.

Henry James born 7/2015

Cycle 1-- BFN
Cycle 2-- BFN
Added progesterone
Cycle 3-- BFN
Cycle 4-- BFN
Cycle 5-- IUI #1 10/4/18
My Ovulation Chart