4 follicles...too many?

TTC using injectible FSH or LH? Share stories and ask questions in this forum.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

4 follicles...too many?

Postby pipes1013 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:33 am

Hello all. I am also new to injectibles and thought I might reach out and see if anyone has any advice/thoughts/etc. Or maybe just to listen. :) I am on day 10 of my cycle and have had the last 3 days beeing doing 75mg of follistim. went in for my ultrasound today and have 4 follicles. 2 measuring at 9.3 and 2 and 8.5. The dr. has me doing two more nights of follistim and another ultrasound on thursday. What are your thoughts on 4 follicles? Too many? too small? It sounds like i will do my IUI on saturday or sunday of this week.

prior to this, i had done one cycle with just a trigger shot and then the next with clomid and trigger. clomid didnt seem to work for me so they switched me to follistim.

thanks for listening. good luck to all!
pipes1013
Friend

Re: 4 follicles...too many?

Postby ABelle » Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:25 pm

Hey pipes!
I would think that those follies definitely need more incubation time. My RE told us that they were looking for mature follicles that were 18mm and over before being ready for trigger & IUI. What was your E2 level when you went in today? I did 5 days of Follistem 75units and when I went in for my CD 10 check, I had 1 follicle that was 22 and two that were 15 (which they said these were still not out of the game) and about 10 others that were <12mm. I triggered that day and went in for IUI later next day. On my TWW now! eek

Are you going to do a trigger this month too?
Me {Anne}- 33 :hi: (Hypothyroidism, Single A1298C MTHFR, Endometriosis, ANA neg)
DH- 42. (amazeballs) :wiggle:
Married since 2005. TTC 60 months before finally getting our positive!

2 Lap Surgeries, 3 HSGs, 4 rounds of Clomid, 3 IUI's, 1 IVF cancelled (cysts) = all :bfn:

ABelle
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Re: 4 follicles...too many?

Postby ABelle » Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:27 pm

Also, if those 4 follicles that you have all mature by your next appointment, and your E2 levels are high, then they may have the "selective reduction/cancel cycle" discussion with you. No way of knowing until you get there though so try not to stress (HAHAHA, EASIER SAID THAN DONE, I KNOW)... :rofl:

And every RE is different. Looks like you are on the right track! Good luck and FX this is the month for us!
Me {Anne}- 33 :hi: (Hypothyroidism, Single A1298C MTHFR, Endometriosis, ANA neg)
DH- 42. (amazeballs) :wiggle:
Married since 2005. TTC 60 months before finally getting our positive!

2 Lap Surgeries, 3 HSGs, 4 rounds of Clomid, 3 IUI's, 1 IVF cancelled (cysts) = all :bfn:

ABelle
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Injectibles