Testing out HCG Trigger Ovidrel

TTC using injectible FSH or LH? Share stories and ask questions in this forum.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Testing out HCG Trigger Ovidrel

Postby Charlie'smom » Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:01 am

Hello ladies I an new here, but I have been using your stories and guidance for years..thank you.

I took ovidrel 12 days ago and started testing a week after my shot, my plan was to test it out so I would know when I could trust a bfp result. However, I never got a neg test ( I am not sure if you can tell but the 9 & 10 dpt tests have very faint lines) and now they are becoming darker. Could this still be the trigger? :?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated! :)
Charlie'smom

Re: Testing out HCG Trigger Ovidrel

Postby ABelle » Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:24 am

Wow. Congratulations. Looks like you caught the tail end of the trigger going out of your system and subsequently also captured your own little bean sticking!
I am 10 days post trigger today, ~8dpo/9dpIUI and my line yesterday has faded to where I think I'm imagining seeing a line... lol. Feeling a little down and don't know if this IUI worked. Are you having any symptoms? My boobs & nipples are still sore but whose aren't? lol
Me {Anne}- 33 :hi: (Hypothyroidism, Single A1298C MTHFR, Endometriosis, ANA neg)
DH- 42. (amazeballs) :wiggle:
Married since 2005. TTC 60 months before finally getting our positive!

2 Lap Surgeries, 3 HSGs, 4 rounds of Clomid, 3 IUI's, 1 IVF cancelled (cysts) = all :bfn:

ABelle
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby ABelle » Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:23 am

I really am loving this progression! (not to mention, a little bit jealous!! lol) Did you do IUI with your trigger shot??
And I like those hpt... What kind are those??
Me {Anne}- 33 :hi: (Hypothyroidism, Single A1298C MTHFR, Endometriosis, ANA neg)

2 Lap Surgeries, 3 HSGs, 4 rounds of Clomid, 3 IUI's, 1 IVF cancelled (cysts) = all :bfn:

ABelle
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Charlie'smom » Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:02 am

This is my first time to do a trigger shot. When you are testing them out do they fade a bit each day or do they go up and down. The nurse said the shot could stay for 13/14 days. My beta is on Mon if AF doesn't show.

I didnt have an IUI...just bowed down to the fertility goddess for a good long while with my tush in the air after BD. I did go in the day after O for a sono to confirm deflating follicle.

They are OSOM tests. They are sometimes but not always 1 day more sensitive than frer. I have had bfps with same day betas of 8...16...26...12...and 21. They are just under 2 bucks a piece but you have to buy a 25 pack. Last month I got a wonky pack with lots of evaps. I have used them for years and this was the only bad batch. I looked at the reviews where I bought them and someone else had the same thing happen and she purchased hers at the same time as I did.

We are really close on our DPO please keep me updated. I did femara 2.5 cd 3-7 and on cd 12 I only had one follicle on the right at 20mm. Triggered ovidrel 250 12 hrs later at 9pm. I did not O until the late evening on cd 14. So much for the 36 hr rule... lol

Please dont get discouraged 8 dpo is really really early. Mine bfps have always showed up between 10-12 dpo and even then I wouldn't exactly call them "big or fat" ha ha I have always been amazed at how the pregnancy tests can go from stark white one day to bfp the very next day!

Baby Dust

Oh and no pregnancy symptoms that wouldn't also be PMS symptoms hee hee
Charlie'smom

Postby ABelle » Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:29 pm

My tests started off dark and then with each day that has passed, the trigger line has faded out. Just wishing it would start darkening now!
Here's my test progression starting with the morning of IUI thru this morning...Hope u can see it well in the pic

ABelle
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Charlie'smom » Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:03 pm

Hi ABelle

So Im guessing you are 8 or 9 DPO? Your last one looks darker than the one before it FX! Is that from today? Dont you think it is darker?

I got another double line today but it is not really any darker than yesterdays.

When do you get to take beta?
Charlie'smom

Postby Charlie'smom » Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:07 pm

Your 9 dpiui looks like your 7 dpiui to me. Maybe you tested out of your trigger on 9 dpiui?
Charlie'smom

Postby Charlie'smom » Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:57 pm

Oops I meant to type ... maybe you tested out of your trigger 8 dpiui. My brain is foggy from all the fertility meds I think. : )
Charlie'smom

Postby ABelle » Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:52 pm

Charlie- I think your test from today looks darker than yesterday!!!! When do you go in for a beta?

The latest pic I posted includes today's stick. I'm currently 9dpIUI (probably about 8 dpo & 10 dptrigger), I also think that today's line is darker than yesterdays but I am telling myself that maybe my FMU was more diluted that morning? I don't know, seems a little early for me to be showing anything at this point but then I see your beautiful progression and it gives me hope!!! I'll see what tomorrow looks like and post up my addiction for POAS lol.

and i giggled out loud when you blamed foggy brain on the fertility meds. I can't even tell you how many times I have used that excuse these past two weeks!!!!!!! Seriously, tonight for example, I needed to get utensils out the drawer to cut my food for supper.... (typically that would consist of a knife and fork with a non fertility mind person), when I got to the table, I realize i had grabbed two forks. REALLY? lol That's just one of MANY examples.

ABelle
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Charlie'smom » Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:02 pm

Beta is forever and a day away on Monday! Nursy told me I could test on sat 15 dpt/ 13 DPO which is why I was trying to test ovidrel out.

I think your test looks promising!!!!!!!!!! Please keep me updated! When is your beta?

I hope we both get the most awesome Christmas present this year!

I am trying not to get too excited because nursy told me trigger can last for 13-14 days.

I really can see a darker line today on your test FX please post new picture tomorrow

Thank you for keeping me sane...and yes the meds do make ya a little loopy hee hee
Charlie'smom

Postby ABelle » Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:10 pm

Charlier'smom- I am so grateful I have you to talk to. I love having someone so close in their cycle to compare notes with :wink:

I actually am not scheduled for a beta test. After my IUI, my RE said to test in 12-14 days and to call when I got that positive. Now that I say that, I "think" they said 12-14 days. I could be making that up. Between google and message boards, I kind of forget what actually was told to me or what I read to be an "expert opinion" on the net. Hmmmm. Oh well, I should know by Tuesday (which would be 14 days post IUI). I'm interested to compare tomorrow's hpt with my others. I hope that the 8dpIUI wasn't just a diluted FMU.

Do you ever have vivid dreams of seeing that BFP for real? Seems like when it gets close to AF coming, I always get dreams that my FMU comes back with a glowing second line then I wake up and wonder if I really did test and get that BFP or if it was all a beautiful dream. Then the wicked witch shows and :doh: :noaf2:

I know your nurse told you that the trigger can last up to 14 days BUT it looks like you tested out beautifully around 9dpt and then that little bean started putting out it's own second line. FX!!!
Please post up your AM pic tomorrow and I'll be sure to do the same!!!!

Oh and also, did you experience any "implantation bleeding/spotting"??

ABelle
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby ABelle » Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:46 am

How did testing go for you this morning, Charliesmom?

I guess I was right that yesterday's darker line was a fluke. Today, I don't see anything, BFN. Ouch...

ABelle
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Charlie'smom » Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:01 am

ABelle- I feel the same way...thanks so much for being here!!!!!

Yes, I do have those types of dreams. Ive even had one that was recurring from conception to birth, and all the way up to a 5 yr old little boy. Guess that one actually came true lol.

Sorry for the late reply I was ready for bed and crashed out around 8. Think I was trying to catch up on sleep...I was having insomnia for a few nights in a row.

I dont think it is time to be discouraged though... it is still early in your cycle. I have gotten BFP at 12 DPO that was stark white the day before.
I think it is more the norm for a BFP to show up a couple of days before AF. Maybe the BFP stories at 8 & 9 Dpo just stand out more. (maybe they are counting O day as 1 DPO)?

I read an article online the other day that said in the study FRER uses to support their "stats" They were using women with a history of a long LP so even though they might have gotten their BFP 6 days before their missed period...they were actually farther along in their DPO.

Also if you look at someone's chart that claims BFP at 7,8, or 9 DPO.....much of the time they have manually changed the O date.
If this is my BFP this month it will be the first time I have ever had one @ 9 DPO and if it is BFP I bet the trigger contributed to it to make it actually readable.

No spotting.. I did feel some belly button twinges a couple of days ago, but that could have been anything...or all in my head lol and very very mild barely noticeable cramps.

Hee Hee I know what you mean about getting advice and stories from every where and then forgetting what the Doc said to do!!! Especially when you are hoping and hoping...I think that it lets us play more tricks on ourselves lol That and of course the meds
Charlie'smom

Postby ABelle » Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:20 am

How did your testing go this morning? I'd love to see the progression pic, gives me hope.
I want to thank you for your kind words in your previous post. It really helped lift my spirits. I just keep seeing so many people with this BFP on so few days post ovulation, I just think, what the heck?! How is that possible and why don't mine look like that.

ABelle
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Charlie'smom » Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:05 am

I totally understand your frustration. Especially when you see a question like...Is 12 dpo too late for BFP and half of the responses are "um I dont know all of mine have been at 8 dpo" or " I had my BFP at 6/7 dpo" Makes me wonder if they are trying to rub it in. They can't possibly think saying that could be helpful. LOL :rofl:

Here are my pictures from today I was brave and tested a FRER and an OSOM. I think the OSOM is darker than yesterday. Today is 14 dpt/ 12 Dpo so I guess I will assume BFP if my line is darker tomorrow FX. I have never ever seen them this dark until after AF and I have had 8 BFP cycles ( I always start testing at 7 DPO so no chance to miss it) hee hee I know that is way too early but I just cant help myself!!

Please keep me updated and send Pictures
Baby Dust

Charlie'smom

Next

Return to Injectibles