Testing out HCG Trigger Ovidrel

TTC using injectible FSH or LH? Share stories and ask questions in this forum.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: Testing out HCG Trigger Ovidrel

Postby ABelle » Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:37 pm

I know what you mean. I think some really like to rub it in that their BFP's came so early. Those comments definitely don't help any. But on the flip side, I like to browse the Pee on a Stick threads also and the women there will post pictures of their sticks for everyone to analyze and on most of those tests, I'm like OMG, I don't see a thing and then you see all the comments saying "OH I TOTALLY SEE A LINE!" You remember those puzzles that were all jumbled up and if you stare at it long enough, then a 3D picture appeared.... Well I think thats how some people see their pee sticks lol. Hell, if I stare at mine long enough, I can "see" a line there too.

I am so excited for you and can't wait to hear about what your beta is on monday. Are you going to continue POAS throughout the weekend??? Are you excited or what?!
Me {Anne}- 33 :hi: (Hypothyroidism, Single A1298C MTHFR, Endometriosis, ANA neg)
DH- 42. (amazeballs) :wiggle:
Married since 2005. TTC 60 months before finally getting our positive!

2 Lap Surgeries, 3 HSGs, 4 rounds of Clomid, 3 IUI's, 1 IVF cancelled (cysts) = all :bfn:

ABelle
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Charlie'smom » Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:46 pm

Yes I know exactly what you mean hee hee!

In the beginning I always take my tests into different lighting and turn it in every direction. That is the only thing that I do not like about FRER....there is alway an indentation line in the spot that the test result goes. They make it really easy to imagine things that are not really there.

Thanks for getting excited with me!!!! I wish I was still innocent and thought of a BFP as resulting in a little one. I have gone through several losses. I didn't even really believe that I would actually have a baby when I was preggers with my son...even when I could see him moving around in my belly. lol

Unfortunately a BFP is just the very start of my journey. So I am excited that this may be BFP but I am also a bit scared that this might be a BFP. (A whole new set of worries)

I am really excited to hear about your test tomorrow... you are entering the realm of possible BFPS FX!!!. Please keep me updated I am really hoping you get it soon!!!!

Yes I am still going to Poas...Nursy said my Saturday test would be accurate!!!! So I guess I will know for sure tomorrow FX.

Good luck and Baby Dust for us both!!!!!
Charlie'smom

Postby ABelle » Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:23 am

I'm so sorry to hear of your previous losses. I know that thought must always remain in the back of your mind. Hard to get too excited because you don't want to get your hopes up in the case of a loss. But every pregnancy is different and I've got a good feeling about this one :wink: Only positive :sticky: your way.

What exactly worries you about this new pregnancy?

How was your test this morning? The "accurate" one? So excited to hear back from you.

My FMU was not as exciting as I dreamt about all last night. Nothing but WHITE staring back at me and taunting me. Grrrrrrrrrr. Hard to be positive & hopeful. I just want us to have that BFP. This IUI isn't cheap & certainly isn't covered under insurance... so that put even more pressure on me to get it done soon. My DH took me out to eat last night to get my mind off of everything and I was starving. Couldn't eat but a couple bites because I got nauseated, then it reminded me of the possibility of the cause for the nausea, giving me false hope because my pee stick surely didn't reflect any of my symptoms up to this point. Can't imagine I would have symptoms and still no second line! Breasts & nipples still sore, but lesser than each previous day. Other than that, ZIP

Thanks for keeping me sane!
Me {Anne}- 33 :hi: (Hypothyroidism, Single A1298C MTHFR, Endometriosis, ANA neg)

2 Lap Surgeries, 3 HSGs, 4 rounds of Clomid, 3 IUI's, 1 IVF cancelled (cysts) = all :bfn:

ABelle
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Charlie'smom » Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:25 pm

Hi Abelle I hope you get your BFP in the morning...11DPO...right?

Sorry for the late reply...busy day

My test was is not looking great today...My OSOM is lighter and I think that my FRER may be lighter as well.FX

Charlie'smom

Postby Charlie'smom » Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:14 am

I am excited to find out if you got your BFP this morning!!!! Are you still having symptoms?

I am worried about having another M/C or ectopic. I only have my right tube thanks to endo, and I have had an ectopic on the right once already.

We are going to Cozumel from the 14th-23rd. If I am pregnant it will probably be too soon to find out where the pregnancy is at before I leave. It will probably be too late when I come back to avoid surgery because of Christmas Eve and Christmas.

I am scared I will start my period on our vacation (very very painful for the first 2 days)

I am scared to be on an Island in Mexico with an ectopic and not know about it.

I am scared of losing my only tube. I dont want IVF to be my only remaining option. Especially since I have had so many M/C....IVF is a whole new level of emotional and financial commitment.

Ok now I sound a bit nuts....I am not even sure of BFP yet lol
Charlie'smom

Postby ABelle » Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:13 am

Charlie's mom- I totally understand why you would be so fearful. You want to preserve the only precious tube you have left. IVF is a huge commitment. It's like you just want to say, come on bean, burrow down nice and heavy in my uterus, this is your home, don't park on the highway there!

I would definitely have a plan in place in case you start feeling bad in Mexico. Not to sound doomful, but you need to know what you would do in the case you did start having ectopic symptoms (which I don't feel will happen, this is your month!) I wouldn't want any medical people there treating me. I had a friend that was a little further along in her pregnancy but still in first trimester that started bleeding during her pregnancy while on a trip to mexico and the airlines and resort did everything they could to get her back to the US for treatment. On a side note, when my DH & I were on our honeymoon in Playa del Carmen, we ate off the resort property once on an excursion and I got sick. I mean diarrhea and vomiting and I was thinking, OMG, I've been married for like 3 days, I can't already be pregnant. But I told him that no matter what, do not bring me to a hospital there lol. But I'm a nurse and controlling and just would want to be back home.

Sorry for the diversion there, is your DH going with you on this trip? When you go in tomorrow, I would discuss it with your doctor. I'm sure they will get your beta numbers and they will be able to tell in the next few days if your numbers are looking normal progression-wise, don't you think?

I POAS yesterday evening and I saw a faint line, only to read that this batch has alot of evap lines come up. I got my hopes up again because when I saw that BFN again this morning on Wondfo & FRER it just busted my bubble. Next IUI cycle, I'm not testing until right before I'm due to test. (ha, like I have that much will power)

How are you feeling? What kind of symptoms do you have at this point?

ABelle
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Charlie'smom » Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:35 am

Maybe it was not an evap line yesterday? And you are still in a good time frame for BFP. Are you going to try again this afternoon? Please keep me updated. today is 11 DPO for you right?

aaaawww now I guess I put my big o foot in my mouth! Here I am calling my nurse "nursey" oops so sorry.

She always acts like she knows everything and says were are going to do a,b,& c. Then when I explain the "situation" she says "Oh well that does change things lets do d,e, & f.

In her defense I assume all of her patients are doped up on hormones, shelling out bunches of money per cycle, and also a bits nuts just like me : ) lol

I think the other reason I took so long to reply on my last message is because I didn't want to face my fears. But now that I have listed them all out I feel much better...Thank you so much for being here...DH
thanks you too..he doesn't know I am on here... but I am sure he really appreciates the break from helping me judge my pee sticks Hee Hee

My line was a bit darker when I tested a second time yesterday afternoon and it was a bit darker this morning as well. (the lighter FRER from yesterday morning is really snowy today so I am hoping it was just wonky)

DH, DS and I are going together on the trip. We booked it before my last pregnancy in September. Then we delayed it so I would be out of the first trimester. They only let us make one change...so I dont want to cancel it. We really need it after all the ttc stuff that has been taking its toll the last few months.

I love Playa del Carmen, were you able to recover and salvage some of your honeymoon? It is almost magical!

I will be taking a double supply of lovenox and progesterone....really at this point it is pretty much the only thing a dr would be able to prevent a regular M/C

Ectopic is a whole other story...I am going to beg nursy for a 4 wk 4 day sono...probably wont see anything...but a double decidual sac would put me more at ease. On the other hand not seeing at least a single ring sac would do quite the opposite.
Charlie'smom

Postby ABelle » Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:37 pm

Girl, the nursey comments don't offend me in the least. Just like in every profession, you have good ones and bad ones :wink: I don't know a lot about women's fertility, don't work in that area so although I may have a general concept of anatomy and function, I'm not familiar with treatment plans and details surrounding fertility stuff.

I am 11dpo today. My official test day is Tuesday (14days post IUI). I really want to have a breakdown at any given moment. While DH & I were sitting in church this morning, all I could see were the babies. I had to fight back tears on multiple occassions during the mass. It seems like everywhere I go, babies just are there staring at me!!! I'm pretty sure yesterdays was an evap because i see absolutely nothing on my FMU wondfo from this morning. But you can bet your sweet patootie that I will pee more in a cup than I will in the toilet until tuesday.

What state are you in? My real name is Anne, by the way & I'm in Louisiana.
I'm glad that you listed your fears out. Once you put it in writing, it makes it real and almost valid in a way. Whenever I had my first lap surgery a couple years ago and was told I had endo and they couldnt even find opening to tubes to get dye thru, I was devastated. The thoughts that cross your mind are crazy but you can't help it. One night in a tearful fit, I grabbed a pen and wrote down all of my feelings. I can't tell you how therapeutic that was. I still look back on that list sometimes. Now, after Lupron and another lap and two HSG's, my tubes are open, just wish I could get a real BFP and a healthy pregnancy.
So I'm glad that I have you to talk to as well. I can only say these things to my DH so many times but I know that he can't truly understand the extent to what we as women feel. I mean it's our bodies, we feel everything at any moment and it's a constant reminder, ya know?

We were able to get some fun times in on our honeymoon. The diarrhea & vomiting lasted a day or two but we still did excursions. The water is so amazingly beautiful, maybe for our 10 year anniversary we will visit again. How old is your DS? And what is a a double decidual sac ? I'm not familiar with that
Are you having sore breasts/nipples? What are you feeling like?? Congrats on the darker lines. Can't wait to hear more!

ABelle
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Charlie'smom » Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:15 pm

Hi Anne it is nice to meet you, I am Nichole in TX

I know exactly how you feel. I have been there before and it is no fun at all. Almost everyone knew what I was going through and they would send me baby shower invitations all the time. I never went but always sent a gift. Shopping for the gift was hard enough, I am not sure I could have faked my way through a shower.

I am so glad that you were able to salvage your honeymoon and go on some excursions! My favorite one is Xcaret...I so love that place!!

It must have been devastating to hear news like that after your surgery.

I am thrilled that the lupron therapy worked so well. Did you have bad endo symptoms before your treatment? I have horrible cramps and very heavy periods. They said it would get so much better after having my son...it is better but not much.

I will try to explain this please forgive my laymans terms lol
When there is a double sac on the ultrasound it almost guarantees the pregnancy is in the uterus. Sometimes there is only one ring very early on. They call this a pseudo sac and if they find one the pregnancy could still be ectopic. I hope I said that so it made sense.

I am excited to hear about your test results tomorrow!!! Come on second line show up!!! Please keep me updated! I will be checking in tomorrow to see your BFP!!!
Charlie'smom

Postby Charlie'smom » Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:20 pm

DS is 9 months.

I am not really having any symptoms right now. I am sleepy and cranky...but that is just my typical PMS anyway. I am usually having pretty strong cramps by now in my cycle, and so far only very mild barely there cramps. Could be the progesterone though. My previous pregnancies I had pretty strong cramps for the first couple of weeks. I was on progesterone during half of those. So I have no clue lol. My symptoms have been different with each one.
Charlie'smom

Postby ABelle » Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:58 pm

Hey Nichole,
I have to say that I hate baby showers as well. Then again, I hate bridal showers too. I'd like to just send a gift. I don't want to sit around with a bunch of elderly ladies and have kool aid and chicken salad sandwiches while watching someone open and pass around 100 gifts that I could care less about, haha. Needless to say, I don't go to one of those unless I reeeealy like the person.

I don't really tell alot of people about our fertility issues because I hate when people feel sorry for me. I'd rather just share good news with them when it's time. I'm a pretty private person though, I don't like people knowing my business. (I actually just lol at that comment, here I am talking about my nipples and CM with a total stranger on this site and feel completely comfortable about it) Sigh, oh well.

I did have really painful periods with heavy flow. However, I thought all women did. Why else would they sell things like Midol and tampons in "extra heavy duty holy $h*t that's alot" absorbancy? After my diagnosis, it made more sense. I have to say that the Lupron helped my pain and flow is not as heavy as before. Did you ever do Lupron or any other therapies for endo? Speaking of pain, I'm starting to feel some warm cramps in my uterus right now. :noaf:

If you don't mind me asking, how many miscarriages have you had?

ABelle
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Charlie'smom » Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:27 pm

LOL you're too funny!

The really bad part is that most of those shower invites were from members of my local infertility group and close family. I had stop going to meetings because they kicked me out after I got my BFP. I also got tired of hearing them say over and over again "well at least you can get pregnant, I would be thrilled to even get a BFP"

I don't mind you asking. I have had 5 M/C and 1 suspected ectopic (they can not always find the location of the embryo) and 1 confirmed ectopic. So 7 total.

I am so happy to hear that the lupron worked for you! YAY!

I wish I had the option for lupron, I am not supposed to take any kind of birth control. I have a wonky high lupus anticoagulant level. I don't have lupus though. My blood clots in under 4 seconds on the tests which is awesome when I nick myself shaving, but not so great for ttc or preventing blood clots.

And I lol when you mentioned extra heavy duty holy $h*t that's alot absorbancy... hee hee so true!!!!!
Charlie'smom

Postby ABelle » Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:48 pm

Wow. I am so sorry to hear that. I can't understand the pain that you must go thru when you lose a pregnancy or the worry that must surround you when you see your positive test. I can only imagine the things that cross your mind.

Do they think that the endo contributes to the risk of ectopic pregnancies and/or miscarriages? And how did you find out about the lupus anti-coagulation levels, what made them check that in the first place?

ABelle
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Charlie'smom » Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:46 pm

Thanks Anne,

It is not as bad as it used to be. Having my little one makes it so much better. I will be happy if he is the only child I ever have. But he is so awesome that he makes me want more lol.

He is my miracle baby in more ways than one. The cycle that I got pregnant with him I only had one follicle on my left ovary 28mm and none on the right. I did not have a left tube. We had given up on that cycle and started making plans for IVF because I had already had an ectopic in my only remaining tube. (the right tube had a tiny bit of endo in one spot. I dont O on the right side very often, which is why I take femara.
My right tube picked up the egg from the left ovary, and now I have this amazing little miracle.

For me the endo did contribute to my ectopics. But my left tube was really bad, it was black covered in endo, and swollen to the size of a sausage...really gross pics from the surgery. The endo had destroyed it so much that you could not even tell what it was. I am so glad it is gone yuck

They did a ton of blood work that lasted couple of months after my 3rd loss, and found out about the clotting issue. They also did a bunch of other chromosome type tests on my DH and me, they all came back clear.

All of my M/C have been natural no D & C (dont want to add another risk factor to the list) Once I had to wait 3 weeks but they always took care of themselves. I always took the sac to be tested and all were normal until this last one. She had trisomy 4, she wouldn't have made it even if I was at the hospital 24/7

I am going to keep trying for as long as mother nature lets me. And I am very thankful for what I have been given...and that makes all the difference in the world. So i am not sad just determined and cautious.
Last edited by Charlie'smom on Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Charlie'smom

Postby Charlie'smom » Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:02 pm

Anne how are you feeling?
Charlie'smom

PreviousNext

Return to Injectibles