Cautiously optimistic after BFP

TTC using injectible FSH or LH? Share stories and ask questions in this forum.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Cautiously optimistic after BFP

Postby veruzki » Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:13 am

So, yesterday morning I took a HPT (FRes) and I got a very faint line. I showed it to my husband, who agreed with me but it was so faint that I did not trust it. I am today 10DPO. Last night, when I got home, I took another test. Another BFP (same brand) and there was no mistaking that line this time, it was definitely there. So we took two more, back to back, another FRes and a Clear Blue...both BFP...Last night, I had to get up to use the bathroom at 2AM and, why waste a perfect cup of pee, right? So I tested again...Another BFP (except the ClearBlue that came back BFN but I think that was my mistake). So far all the lines have been very faint, they are there but I was expecting to see a much brighter pink line. So I tested again this morning when I woke up and I got another 2 BFP (Both FRes and ClearBlue)...Yes, that is a total of 8 tests within a 12 hour period.

I want to get excited but I am being cautiously optimistic. We had to trigger ovulation Sunday 11/25 and I have been testing periodically until the trigger shot was no longer detected in HPT's, which was about 6-7 days past trigger, I can say I am almost 90% sure that these results are not because of the trigger...Still could be a chemical pregnancy but I have had all kind of symptoms (Sore BB's, a bit of nausea, mild headache, tired, feeling overall fuzzy, and -TMI alert- my vagina/cervix feels extremely tight...

So what do you think? I would love to hear your opinions!!

Thanks ladies!
veruzki

Re: Cautiously optimistic after BFP

Postby MidwestGirl » Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:26 pm

Congratulations! Sounds like a real BFP to me! I imagine if you haven't already, you'll have official confirmation soon at your beta :)
Me: 36, low progesterone/ovulatory dysfunction
DH: 41, healthy
19 months TTC #1
IVF Oct/Nov 2012, BFP! DD born at 41 weeks 1 day
13 months TTC #2, 1 year break, then 2 more months TTC
FET Jan 2015, BFN
Freeze-all IVF May 2015, 2 snowbabies
FET July 2015, BFP but m/c at 5w1d :angel:
FET Sept 2015, BFN
IVF with fresh tfr Sept 2016, BFP, DS born at 41 weeks
MidwestGirl
TTC Princess