Side effects

TTC using injectible FSH or LH? Share stories and ask questions in this forum.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Side effects

Postby Heather1974 » Mon May 06, 2013 7:34 am

Hello. I might need to do injectables in June if my next iui doesn't work. I am wondering what side effects you might have had and with what kind. I don't know what kind I would use but it would be with an iui.
My Ovulation Chart

TTC since april 2012
IUI #1 March 2013: BFN
IUI#2 April 2013: BFN
IUI#3 May BFN
Heather1974
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Re: Side effects

Postby Forthebirds » Mon May 20, 2013 7:39 am

What are you doing now? I was on clomid previously and was just switched to injections for this month (just had my third IUI last week). From my perspective, the injections had almost no side effects (other than the discomfort of injecting). Clomid made me into a manic crazy beast-woman. The injections have really evened out my moods. I would personally take injections over clomid any day. Its a little weird giving yourself a shot at first, but it really doesn't hurt that bad or anything. Sometimes the temperature of the medicine (because you have to keep it in the fridge) doesn't feel very good going on. Oh and I did have a very full feeling in my lower pelvic region but I think that was just because I was stimulating my ovaries a little more than normal. The monitor you really closely, especially the first time.
Hanna

Me (33) - PCOS, anovulation, only ovulate with medication
DH (32) - no issues, great swimmers!
TTC since Oct 2010
01/12 Clomid 50 mg :bfp: m/c 6w4d :angel:
08/12 Clomid 50 mg :bfp: ectopic 6w4d :angel:
Mar'13-Aug'13 (6x) IUI :bfn:
********Moving to IVF*********
November 2013- 12 eggs retrieved, 8 mature, 5 fertilized- Two blasts transferred 11-7-13. One fully hatched, and one hatching. :bfp: !!!
Betas... 8dp5dt: 142 10dp5dt: 265 17dp5dt: 6,200
Expecting twin boys!! Coming soon, July 2014.
Forthebirds
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Re: Side effects

Postby flannycupcake » Wed May 22, 2013 8:36 pm

I've had countless rounds of clomid, 3 rounds of femara and just completed my 1st injectable round & IUI last week. The worst side effects came from clomid. Ugh. Which included hot flashes and moodiness. Fermara wasn't that bad at all and the injectables were a breeze. I had to inject 150 units for 6 days and the needle was pretty painless. It was a refreshing change from the clomid. Then I had the IUI and that's when I became extremely gassy and sharp pains in my lower stomach started. I did take Gas X for two days just to find some relief and now on 7 dpo I can say the gas has passed. Pun intended. ;) From what I was reading on various sites the gas came from the IUI and meds. I hope this helps.

****baby dust to you*****
flannycupcake

Return to Injectibles