Pregnyl questions

TTC using injectible FSH or LH? Share stories and ask questions in this forum.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Pregnyl questions

Postby sorara22 » Sat Nov 09, 2013 4:58 pm

Hey everyone
I am pretty new to this site. Heres a little background, my doctor said I am not ovulating on my own. So he put me on femera CD3-7, I went in for an u/s on CD13 and he told me to wait 4 days and give myself the pregnyl shot on the CD17 because they eggs weren't quite mature. My husband gave me the shot last Saturday and I go in this Monday to have blood drawn to check if I ovulated? I am a little confused by this because I thought the shot makes you ovulate, so how is it possible to not ovulate after the shot? Also, (if I had never taken the shot) my period would be expect this Tuesday, does the shot then delay your period if you don't conceive? Thanks for everyone's help!
sorara22

Re: Pregnyl questions

Postby lucy50 » Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:03 pm

If you're getting your blood drawn, they're probably checking progesterone levels.
I don't know if the shot delays your period. I took it for the first time this month, but I'm not due to start for another day or so.
TTC #1 since August 2012
Me (35) - Hypothyroid, possible PCOS
DB (41)- normal; DS from previous relationship

Jan. 2012 - HSG clear/uterine abnormality detected - diagnosed arcuate
Sept. 2013- 50 mg. Clomid - no mature follicles at scan/cycle cancelled
Oct. 2013 - 100 mg Clomid - ovulated BEFORE scan despite no positive OPK/potentially missed our window BFN
Nov. 2013 - RE leaves practice. Find new RE. SHG. Polyp detected. Also believes arcuate uterus is more septate than previously thought.
Dec. 2013 - Operative hysterscopy to remove polyp and resect uterine septum; estrogen regimen for 21 days
Jan. 2014 -Natural Cycle
Feb. 2014 - Whatever

http://infertilityandfeelings.wordpress.com/
lucy50
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Re: Pregnyl questions (UPDATE)

Postby sorara22 » Sat Nov 16, 2013 7:12 am

Okay, heres the deal. I had a 10,000 pregnyl shot on Saturday November 2nd, today is exactly 14 days,I was told to way until tomorrow, but I took a test this morning (16th) and got a BFP. Is it likely I will get a BFN tomorrow, as this is the result of the pregnyl? Or in 14 days is it out of the system and this BFP is real? Thanks for your help!
sorara22

Return to Injectibles