Help with HCG shots

TTC using injectible FSH or LH? Share stories and ask questions in this forum.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Help with HCG shots

Postby Sweetlily » Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:29 am

Hi Ladies,

Am new here and need advice please! Don't we always turn to the boards when weird things are going on? I have 4 kids and am not new to pg, I quit counting early chemicals after 10 in a row--we have done a bunch of stuff to clean up my health and were ready to start trying soon.

Doing HCG not as a trigger but for recurrent pregnancy loss, so I do 2,000 iu per shot on O+3,5,7,9 instead of the 10,000 that you use for a trigger. The mnfctr claims that other than OHSS there are no side effects, I don't really feel this is realistic.

I have been taking it since May as above, with side effects only 1 month (last month, where I am pretty sure I was somehow pregnant ofter a drunken night in Mexico, despite BC use!) . This month I have some side effects,but not a lot, wondering what everyone else experiences. Can you comment on the following please?

~Cramps. Damn, I feel like af is starting and am 8-9 dpo now. Been like that for a good day. I remember this feeling with my first baby. And then the rest. But does the hcg cause this too?
~My uterus feels heavy and full and achy. I have never felt this in TWW on HCG before (except last month, where I MC'd right away at 4.5 wks)
~BACKACHE. Ouch.
~Heartburn. Really?
~I can SMELL EVERYTHING, but I suspect this is a normal thing on HCG tho I don't regularly experience it.
~I feel like I am on sedatives. Its a great feeling actually, my brain feels just a little foggy, and since I developed anxiety when my hormones went to crap, its a beautiful relief. I'm even sleeping well at night :)
~GASSY. So gross. It stinks too. So yuck!
~A bit queasy, but this is off and on and mild.
~Visual changes. Not sure how else to describe-- its like I'm on the verge of a migraine but not quite?!
~Bloated, but this is one of the reasons I take it (so totally normal)
~Breast pain, which I feel EVERY MONTH. Totally normal! (for anyone stalking this thread later on for same info!)

Anyway, I can't test for 10 days yet (yeah, the 3WW...since it takes 8 days to leave my system (which I have tested out a few months now) and I have one more shot today) and I really don't want to get my hopes up for nothing. I thought it would be good to get others thoughts on this, specifically the weird ones like gas, uterus heaviness and cramps etc.

Thanks for reading this novel ladies, I really appreciate the info!
Sweetlily
Friend

Re: Help with HCG shots

Postby v0mich01 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:46 am

HCG is the pregnancy hormone, so I fully believe that you could have alot of symptoms that are similar to being pregnant. But that doesn't mean this couldn't be the start of a perfect pregnancy! Good luck!
My Ovulation Chart

Me(Victoria)-27
DH-27
mc 8/13
DS- born 12/30/14 ttc 23 months, conceived clomid and iui. scheduled cx after complicated pregnancy.
Nursing and nt/np

TTC journey http://waitingonourwelcome.wordpress.com/
v0mich01
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Sweetlily » Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:36 am

Yes, this is true. I just dont understand why most months I have NO SYMPTOMS whatsoever, and other months I feel so pregnant! Not feeling pg this month, had a little at first but not now. Just really crampy and heavy feeling.
Sweetlily
Friend

Postby v0mich01 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:07 am

When I was pregnant, the only thing I felt was crampy and heavy feeling. But I agree, there are some months when I have every symptom in the book, and others where I feel nothing. Even my medicated ones on clomid and progesterone I haven't had very many symptoms. Except for when I was pregnant and I felt crampy and heavy. After I knew I was pregnant I my boobs got huge, but it was definitely after 4 weeks. So who know. Our bodies are a mystery! 8 more days til testing! FX for you BFP.
My Ovulation Chart

Me(Victoria)-27
DH-27
mc 8/13
DS- born 12/30/14 ttc 23 months, conceived clomid and iui. scheduled cx after complicated pregnancy.
Nursing and nt/np

TTC journey http://waitingonourwelcome.wordpress.com/
v0mich01
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Sweetlily » Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:02 am

v0mich01 wrote:When I was pregnant, the only thing I felt was crampy and heavy feeling. But I agree, there are some months when I have every symptom in the book, and others where I feel nothing. Even my medicated ones on clomid and progesterone I haven't had very many symptoms. Except for when I was pregnant and I felt crampy and heavy. After I knew I was pregnant I my boobs got huge, but it was definitely after 4 weeks. So who know. Our bodies are a mystery! 8 more days til testing! FX for you BFP.

Thanks so much for your replies, I really appreciate it. Makes me feel a little less alone in all this.

I really don't know what to think. I have dine HCG for 7 cycles now and the only one I felt any pregnancy signs was the one I mc'd. This cycle I feel some, but not as profoundly a that one so IDK. I woke up to nausea and HB the last 2 days but its only mild nausea. I never get HB and didn't even have that the cycle I mc'd in. I did notice yesterday that I have a mild YI...something I only get in pregnancy. And then I sneezed and it felt like my ovary had ruptured, something else that only happens when pg for me.

The interesting thing here that is giving me hope--I didn't feel pregnant with ANY of the 4 kids I gave birth to until after my bfp (around 5 weeks it started on average) but with all y mc's I felt terribly pregnant from day 1. Maybe there is a correlation there, and this might actually be a sticky bean? Or there is no bean to stick at all!

We overanaylize things so badly in the tww and its so much worse when the 2 weeks stretches to 3 weeks! I'm testing out the hcg until it leaves my system or not--just for fun, so that when we really are ttc I will know how long I have to wait for sure even tho I have a pretty good idea. Thought it would help pass the time!

Thanks again :)
Sweetlily
Friend

Postby Sweetlily » Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:02 am

And I really hope you get that xmas bfp, what a gift that would be!!!!
Sweetlily
Friend

Postby christineomfg » Sat Jun 28, 2014 7:38 pm

Sweetlily I know this post is kind of old but I am doing the HCG shots 3/6/9dpo so I can relate. I had bad cramps yesterday at 8dpo which I see you had too so really I'm just dying to know if you ended up pregnant from this cycle or not! :)
christineomfg
Friend

Return to Injectibles