What happens if you trigger shot AFTER you ovulate?

TTC using injectible FSH or LH? Share stories and ask questions in this forum.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

What happens if you trigger shot AFTER you ovulate?

Postby angelina_t » Thu Dec 26, 2013 1:33 pm

So, I've had some weird things happen this cycle. I went in for u/s and labs on CD9, my follies were still growing, E2 slowly rising, and RE wanted me to go up to 100 for my Follistim dose on eves of CD9 and CD10, take OPK CD10 AM and PM, then go back in CD11 8am for labs and u/s. CD11 afternoon RE calls to say 4 follies growing and in mid-upper 20s, E2 not quite doubled but progesterone is high, which is concerning to him. He was going to have labwork reviewed again but in the meantime told me to trigger at 6pm that night. CD12 afternoon RE calls to say IUI is off this cycle because it appears I already ovulated. Does anyone know if anything happens if you ovulate and then do a trigger shot???

We'll see in 2 weeks what happens...
Me - 42
DH - 44
DS - born 6/17/10 via IUI #2
TTC #2 since 2/2011
4 miscarriages since 4/2011
11/11/13 1st day of current cycle
Femara CD 1-5
Follistim CD 5-10
Trigger Shot CD 11
IUI CD 13
12/10/13 17 dpiui very faint BFP on FRER; low beta of 7
12/11/13 AF - CD 1
Femara (5) CD 1-5
Follistim (75) started on CD 5
angelina_t
Friend

Re: What happens if you trigger shot AFTER you ovulate?

Postby Dia2 » Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:13 am

Hi!

I saw your post on a previous page. If you're in injectables, then they should be able to prevent you from ovulating too early. My RE used generelix ?sp? to prevent ovulation and that way he's able to time my ovulation at the exact time that my follicles are mature. Also, I hear that follies over 22 aren't great quality so you may want to stop it before it gets to that point. Pardon me if I misunderstood your post & you're not actually using injectables. That's the problem I've alway had with fert tx. The timing was always off. I've had ~ 5 failed IUI attempts. Upon my first carefully time injectable cycle I became preg. I lost it at 5weeka to ectopic. I am currently 5dpiui on my second injectable cycle.
Me: 27
DH: 36

TTC Baby #1
Previous BFP using Gonal-F & Ganilrelix?sp?- ectopic
Dia2
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby kice2004 » Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:26 am

dia2- please keep me updated on your cycle.. i am starting my first round with injectables and iui here in a day or two depending when my cycle starts. and im very nervous. I have been doing a lot of reading. ive had multiple failed cycles of clomid+trigger+timed bd
kice2004
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Dia2 » Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:35 am

Kice2004

I will keep you posted! I think injectables will definitely work for you! It's frustrating to go through so many rounds of failed clomid cycles. The funny part is that my first RE never even suggested injectables! I had to read about it & say, "hey, do you think injectables will be a better idea since we keep missing my ovulation?" They were like sure! I was done after that. I didn't give them a chance to do it & I switched RE's. Bingo! Worked on the first try. After that I started doing natural cycles bcz of underlying health issues but that didn't work well for me. So here I am on injectables again. Now I must admit, that while on clomid, I did not do the charting, bbt etc... The most I've ever done was an opk. I am sure many women who do all of that have a much better chance of timing success on clomid. Good luck!!

TTC Baby #1
Dia2
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Dia2 » Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:16 am

Kice

I didn't get any major side effects from the injectables & prometrium. Well, If you could major exhaustion lol! Unbelievably exhausted. I had this exhaustion last cycle when I only used an hcg trigger & I can't really say that the gonal f, ganirelix or prometrium is causing the exhausting. I've had some heaviness & bloating in my lower pelvic region, bloating in general abdomen along with lower back pain.

I tested this morning at 9po/ 11dpt & I see a non-squinting, faint positive. I am cautiously optimistic as it could be remnants of my 10,000 IU trigger shot. However, trigger was out of my system 11dpt last cycle & all my other cycles as well & it has a half life of 10 days from what I've read. I am going to try to convince the doc to do an early beta hcg.

How are you coming along?
Attachments
image.jpg
5 min FRER test & OPK
(91.71 KiB) Not downloaded yet

TTC Baby #1
Dia2
BabyDuster
BabyDuster