New here...

TTC using injectible FSH or LH? Share stories and ask questions in this forum.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

New here...

Postby catherine1121 » Sat Mar 01, 2014 1:17 pm

Well I am 39 year old female. I am on my second cycle of follistim. First cycle I did 75 iu for 6 days. The triggered. and a bfn. My right fallopian tube is blocked by the way. Now I am on my second. I did 150 iu for 6 days us/e2 showed 4 follicles. I only know the two biggest was 17, the other was like 15 the last was to small. My e2 was 1053. RE said to do one more day of 150iu then trigger on Saturday. That was last weekend. This weekend I was told to do another ovidrel shot 7 days after the first to boost the progesterone. I then take a pregnancy test march 14th. 2ww is torture. the 3 weeks I have to wait is driving me insane. The trigger shot always gives me abdominal pain and makes me wanna vomit. My bbs are always sore after it to. I have also done 6 months of clomid. Because I only have one tube I have to wait a month and sit out a month. I ovulate on my own, it just goes from one tube to the other. My dh sperm count was 150 million. So we know he is not the problem. I was pregnant naturally about 20 years ago. I had a miscarriage at 2 months. I turn 40 in November. I hope to get preggers by then. I wish you all baby dust...
catherine1121

Re: New here...

Postby Franny32 » Sun Mar 02, 2014 5:48 pm

Hi Catherine, I'm new at this too, my first shot is tonight.... I've done ovidrel before but I never had any symptoms or side effects from it... I hope this is your month :)
Me 33 DH 35
DD 4 - conceived naturally 2nd cycle of ttc
TTC#2 since Sept. 2012
No issues with DH or me
Franny32
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby frankme1 » Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:57 am

Hello Catherine- I very close to your cycle. I took my booster HCG shot this morning at 7DPO and was told I can't test until March 13. How dare they make the wait even longer! :x This was my first cycle of follistim after 8 months of clomid. I did 75 iu for 8 days then 100 iu for 2 then triggered last Saturday with IUI last Monday. This was also my first trigger and I agree with the sore boobs and feel kind of icky. I'm getting a cold now too. Not sure if it's a result of the trigger but feeling crappy either way. Hope it will all be worth it in a few weeks! Good luck to you!
TTC for 17 months
8 rounds of 50mg Clomid = BFNs
2/14 - started first round of Follistim, trigger, and IUI.
Me=28, DH=41
frankme1
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Franny32 » Mon Mar 03, 2014 4:37 pm

Hi Frankme, does having two triggers lengthen your cycle?
Me 33 DH 35
TTC#2 since Sept. 2012
No issues with DH or me
Franny32
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby frankme1 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:04 am

Franny- Unfortunately I think it does. The doc never said anything to me and there is nothing that says for sure that it does, but for one the doc said I can't test until 10 days after second trigger....so that will be 17DPO. But I was thinking, wouldn't I have my period by then anyways and know? So I decided to google it to see if it would delay AF and most people said yes that it did. Although there was not a lot out there about the second "booster" shot. It must not be a very popular thing. The second shot I took was a lot smaller dose, though, so I bet I could know sooner than 10 days after it. I'm sure the doc says it just to be cautious and pretty much is saying "don;t call us until it's positive 10 days after." So we'll see what I decide to do. I plan not to test until they say because I really don't want my first BFP be due to the trigger instead of a real one!
TTC for 17 months
8 rounds of 50mg Clomid = BFNs
2/14 - started first round of Follistim, trigger, and IUI.
Me=28, DH=41
frankme1
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Franny32 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:49 pm

I have triggered in the past and I do the same, not test until they say because I don't want a false positive. Ohhh the two week wait, it's so hard not to test!
Me 33 DH 35
TTC#2 since Sept. 2012
No issues with DH or me
Franny32
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Return to Injectibles