June Injectibles and IUI group

TTC using injectible FSH or LH? Share stories and ask questions in this forum.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

June Injectibles and IUI group

Postby babyHuddles » Sun Jun 01, 2014 4:35 pm

My DH and I have been TTC for 14 months. I discontinued the birth control pill (after taking it faithfully for 8 years) and my period never returned. In fact, my body did not produce it's own hormones anymore. I lost about a third of my hair before my doctors finally realized it was low estrogen levels that was causing the hair loss. This was probably the worst time of my life. Provera was not working for me and did not cause a withdrawal bleed. It took a combination of estrogen primer (10 days) followed by 10 days of provera.

I have done 4 rounds of clomid using the dosage levels of 1) 50mg 2) 50mg 3) 100mg 4) 150mg
I never got a positive ovulation test throughout all of these rounds of clomid and I have yet to start a period of my own without the use of provera.

After the fourth round of clomid, my doctor sent me to the RE. My insurance does not cover anything related to infertility, so I will be paying completely out of pocket. The doctor wants to start injectibles (Femera and Bravelle, followed by a trigger shot, IUI and then progesterone to help my lining.

I am so nervous and scared that this won't work. TTC has been such a long process and I am so exhausted. I am trying to be hopeful and think positive. I started my period yesterday, May 31st and I will be going in for blood work tomorrow.

I would love some buddies to talk to during this process!
babyHuddles

Re: June Injectibles and IUI group

Postby Hopefullyttc<3 » Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:33 pm

Hey baby huddles 8 years is along time to be on bc. Sucks they never tell u how it can screw your body up if u take it for so long. I was on depo shot for almost 4 years and had no periods at all. But I kinda always knew I would have a problem with conceiving. And I do my body doesn't ovulate on its own and my ovaries hoard the eggs is what my re says. My gyno had me on metformin for almost a year to help me ovulate of course it didn't. So now I'm on follitisum and trigger. Am in the ttw of iui #2 I so hope it works. What type of treatments are u gonna do now??
Iui #1 4-10-14 bfn
Iui #2 5-27-14
Hopefullyttc<3
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Re: June Injectibles and IUI group

Postby babyHuddles » Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:43 am

Oh wow- the two week wait! How far into the wait are you?

I will be starting a combination of Femara and Bravelle, then a trigger shot, them iui. Afterwards, I will have to take progesterone supplements to help the lining of my uterus.

It sounds like we have very similar situations. My doctor said since my body was reliant on the birth control hormones for so long it forgot how to make it's own hormones. I wish someone would have told me. Like you, ever since I was a teenager I thought I might have problems getting pregnant. I don't know why I thought that, maybe it was just my intuition.

I don't think I have ovulated since coming off birth control at all. Nothing we have tried has worked. I'm so scared the injectables won't work either.

Are you being monitored by ultrasound? Did the trigger shot work?
babyHuddles

Return to Injectibles