Hypogonadotropic hypogonadism

TTC using injectible FSH or LH? Share stories and ask questions in this forum.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Hypogonadotropic hypogonadism

Postby *Hoping* » Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:39 am

Hello all-

I'm really new on these sites but I needed a place to find some answers and at the very least some comfort. My DH and I have been trying for a year and a half with no success. I finally went to a fertility doc last week and was told I most probably have a condition called Hypogonadotropic hypogonadism. I suffered from an eating disorder in my high school to college years and was told that it was mainly to blame as my sex hormones were suppressed and that they may never recover. I am now left feeling so alone and helpless. There is very limited info out there about this condition and the stats with ttc. Plus, the best treatment is injectables but it's not covered by my Insuraunce and I'm not sure how expensive that can be. Right now we are starting with fertility meds in pill form and then moving from there, but I'm just so scared that I will never feel the joy of having my own little miracle move inside me. Does anyone out there have any experience with this condition and can give me any insight? Anything would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for listening-

Sincerely,
Hoping
Last edited by *Hoping* on Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*Hoping*
Friend

Re: Hypogonadotropic hypogonadism

Postby orangecat » Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:04 am

Hi Hoping
I didn't want to read and run. But I am sorry I can't help you as I have never heard of the condition you mentioned.
I do however know how frustrating TTC can be especially as I am also at the year and a half mark (cycle 19). I hope you can get some answers soon!
Maybe natural therapies could help you get everything sorted out with your hormones- acupuncture, naturopathic remedies, reflexology etc.
GL. I am sorry you are going through this struggle. You have come to a good place to vent and get support♥
Xoxo
Me 37
DH 39
"Unexplained Infertility" diagnosis Feb 2014
IUI- planned for May 2014
Surprise BFP April 18/2014 while waiting for IUI!
Natural miscarriage April 29/2014 - 6 weeks
IUI #1 50mg Clomid and 24 mil sperm July 4/2014= BFN
IUI #2 letrazole 2.5mg Aug= CANCELLED due to cyst and midcycle bleed
IUI #2 letrazole 2.5mg Oct 7/2014= BFN
2015 NOTHING
2016 New RE gives us hope
April 19/16 Ectopic Pregnancy while waiting to begin IUI again
Right tube removed
DH 3% Morphology
ME AMH 4.4PMOL (British scale)
"I may not be there yet. But I am closer than I was yesterday."
orangecat