Gonal+Menopur Injections

TTC using injectible FSH or LH? Share stories and ask questions in this forum.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Gonal+Menopur Injections

Postby Danaa » Wed Feb 18, 2015 4:52 am

Hello ladies,im writing here for all of you who are looking info about injectables,after 2years of no baby my doc and I have decided to go ahead with an easy ovarian stimulation,I had my ultrasound on cd7 and the same night I started my Gonal injections,they are like a pen with tiny needles very easy to use and painless believe me when I say painless,on cd10 I had onother ultrasound and started my Menopur injection for 3 days,these you have to
Mix together they don't come as a pen,you have the liquid and the solid thingy white resembling a regular pill,here you might some help from someone who already knows how to handle that,you will need a tiny syringe that has the tiniest needle,I can't say they are not painful but they don't hurt extremely bad is just a bit uncomfortable when you feel the med going in ur body!I had some minor side effects like bitter mouth and feeling weak but besides that nothing else,I don't know if that is one of the side effects but after each injection i slept like a baby lol!And you might feel ur ovaries swelling but I think that is something normal bcs ur ovaries are making a lot of follies.at my last ultrasound cd12 I had 4 big follies and some smaller ones so I guess I reacted good to the meds,hopefully this helped you ladies who are looking information!
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
After 3 years in which we tried everything we are doing IVF in Greece with Iakentro Athens.
Short Protocol with Bemfola and Cetrotide
19mature eggs and we have 9 day5 blasto.
FET#1 ended in a loss around 5 weeks
FET#2 ended in a loss at 22w due to IC,my boys will be forever in my heart .
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Re: Gonal+Menopur Injections bfn,second cycle of injectables

Postby Danaa » Sat Apr 25, 2015 2:30 pm

I see no one posts here,I thought I should share my experience:second cycle of injectables,I started on cd4 one single dose of Pergoveris,this you have to mix like the menopur it has a liquid and a solid white thingy I wish I knew the names,then I did GonalF of 75 again but every other day not every day bcs last cycle i had hyperstimulated OHHS I think is the term,then when my follies have gotten to a decent size i had a single dose of Cetrotide this come with his own seringe filled with the liquid so you can mix it with the sold white thing,ohhhh is so painful lol,at first you might not feel anything but after 1h you feel pain on spot where you inserted the needle,also Around 1h after the Cetrotide you will get so much creamy cm that is normal,the Cetrotide I had to get done so I don't O on my own,cd15 I had my Ovitrelle shot and i felt O pains on cd17,but FF put my O day at cd16!I hope this helps you ladies!
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
After 3 years in which we tried everything we are doing IVF in Greece with Iakentro Athens.
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Re: Gonal+Menopur Injections

Postby starMint » Sat Apr 25, 2015 6:44 pm

Hi Danaa - it sounds like you are responding really well to the stimulation this cycle!
I had done a megastim cycle with 9 days of menopur injections because my follies were pretty slow growing. The needles didn't hurt, but pushing in the saline mixture felt funny and the site would be sore to touch for a bit. The hcg tigger shot was the one that felt the worst... I felt crampy for days. sadly that cycle was a BFN.

Good luck on this cycle!!!
Me: 38 DH:46
TTC#1 since August 2012
IVF#2 - 19 eggs retrieved(12/8/16) (11 mature) 10 fertilized, 0 blasts
7 units hGH x 43 days (from 10/24 until trigger), 150iu Follistim and 150iu Menopur x 13 days (with last three days the Menopur dropped to 75iu and last four days with 250iu Ganirelix shots), 2000iu hcg and Luprene trigger
IVF#1 26 eggs retrieved (9/16/16), 14 fertilized, 0 blasts
225iu Follistim/Gonal-F and 75iu Menopur x 13 days (with last two days the Follistim dropped to 150iu and last four days with Ganirelix shots), 2000iu hcg and Luprene trigger + 2mg Estradiol until retrieval, methyl prednisolone and doxycycline following retrieval

My Ovulation Chart
starMint
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Danaa » Sat Apr 25, 2015 6:46 pm

Hello,i know what you mean about Menopur!crampy as in OHHS?Im sorry for the BFN dont give up hope!!
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby starMint » Sat Apr 25, 2015 7:43 pm

Thanks Danna - we are trying natural for the next couple of months... (and trying the SMEP method!) that was a very expensive cycle with 9 shots of 150 Menopur so we need to put together some funds if we are going to go for a third stimulation round or change treatments.
TTC#1 since August 2012
7 units hGH x 43 days (from 10/24 until trigger), 150iu Follistim and 150iu Menopur x 13 days (with last three days the Menopur dropped to 75iu and last four days with 250iu Ganirelix shots), 2000iu hcg and Luprene trigger
225iu Follistim/Gonal-F and 75iu Menopur x 13 days (with last two days the Follistim dropped to 150iu and last four days with Ganirelix shots), 2000iu hcg and Luprene trigger + 2mg Estradiol until retrieval, methyl prednisolone and doxycycline following retrieval

My Ovulation Chart
starMint
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Danaa » Sun Apr 26, 2015 3:33 am

Yeah I know what you mean the damn things are really expensive!For me is my last cycle with injectables I'm taking a break from them and if nothing happens we are doing ivf in few months
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby starMint » Sun Apr 26, 2015 8:59 am

I think our next step is IVF too... I don't know actually since I was doing too much travel to schedule a meeting with my Fertility DR after the last stimulation cycle was a bust. FXing that this is your month!!!
TTC#1 since August 2012

My Ovulation Chart
starMint
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Injectibles