Testing out trigger 7dpt

TTC using injectible FSH or LH? Share stories and ask questions in this forum.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Testing out trigger 7dpt

Postby JessesMum » Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:40 pm

Hi ladies
I am new to this forum. I have pcos & endometriosis :(
Ttc our second baby. Our first son is turning 2 in 2 weeks.
This is the second time I am doing ovulation induction with injectable (gonal-f) The first time we were lucky that it took first go

I am currently 7 days post trigger (ovidrel). I decided to start testing at home and was getting false positives until last night when I got a neg and again this morning.

I am feeling very down as even though I knew the bfps were false it still made me feel confident that it had worked this time. Now seeing bfns.... Im feeling despondent.

I guess I'm just sharing my journey in search of support and to see if anyone else out there has had a positive between / after seeing the trigger test out. I'm using frer pregnancy tests

Baby dust to all out there. Xx
JessesMum

Re: Testing out trigger 7dpt

Postby Danaa » Wed Jul 15, 2015 5:57 am

Hello there,I had 2 Ovidrele shots,and I know the feeling what u are going trough!A bfn at this point doesn't mean ur out it means the hcg shot is out and the next faint line it means ur pregnant!!Good Luck and i will be stalking for updates!!i do think is too early too be out!!
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
After 3 years in which we tried everything we are doing IVF in Greece with Iakentro Athens.
Short Protocol with Bemfola and Cetrotide
19mature eggs and we have 9 day5 blasto.
FET#1 ended in a loss around 5 weeks
FET#2 ended in a loss at 22w due to IC,my boys will be forever in my heart .
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby JessesMum » Wed Jul 15, 2015 6:39 am

Thanks for replying! I thought I was alone out there (despite there being hundreds of old blogs out there about this)

Am I silly to keep testing? if so... do u think twice a day (am and pm) is overkill?

My husband is currently away for work and will only arrive home after my official pregnancy blood test so I am going crazy here all on my own
JessesMum

Postby Danaa » Wed Jul 15, 2015 7:32 am

Yes I think ur over testing but I used to do it even 3 times a day ,lol,you say u are 7dpt that is about 5dpo and implantation happens usually around 7-10dpo!I say to stop testing for now and start testing 9dpo!!Tou are not alone!!!Im here if you wanna talk or an advice!!i really hope this is it for you!!
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
After 3 years in which we tried everything we are doing IVF in Greece with Iakentro Athens.
Short Protocol with Bemfola and Cetrotide
19mature eggs and we have 9 day5 blasto.
FET#1 ended in a loss around 5 weeks
FET#2 ended in a loss at 22w due to IC,my boys will be forever in my heart .
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby frankme1 » Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:58 am

Hi girls. Jessesmum - I am going to be in your same situation soon. For my first baby (8 months old in 2 days) my first round of injections worked after 18 months of TTC on our own and with clomid. Currently I am waiting until my TSH numbers come down (thyroid issue) but then I am going to go to injections again. Luckily, I somehow am pretty reasonable and have already told myself and expect it to take several rounds of injections before I get a BFP. I know it was a lot of luck that the first round worked last time around. Remember that even in the most perfect circumstances the sperm only fertilizes the egg 20-25% of the time. My doctor told me that there was a 99% chance it won't work on the first try this time around, and that a lot of girls get really upset by that. So you are not alone. Also, like Danaa said, it is probably too early to see a real BFP. I am actually impressed that the trigger is already out of your system! It is probably a waste to be testing right now, but I won't tell you not to because I know how that goes :) Good luck! Keep us updated!
TTC for 17 months
8 rounds of 50mg Clomid = BFNs
2/14 - started first round of Follistim, trigger, and IUI.
Me=28, DH=41
frankme1
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Return to Injectibles