Two Week Wait

TTC using injectible FSH or LH? Share stories and ask questions in this forum.
Post a reply

Testing out trigger 7dpt

Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:40 pm

Hi ladies
I am new to this forum. I have pcos & endometriosis :(
Ttc our second baby. Our first son is turning 2 in 2 weeks.
This is the second time I am doing ovulation induction with injectable (gonal-f) The first time we were lucky that it took first go

I am currently 7 days post trigger (ovidrel). I decided to start testing at home and was getting false positives until last night when I got a neg and again this morning.

I am feeling very down as even though I knew the bfps were false it still made me feel confident that it had worked this time. Now seeing bfns.... Im feeling despondent.

I guess I'm just sharing my journey in search of support and to see if anyone else out there has had a positive between / after seeing the trigger test out. I'm using frer pregnancy tests

Baby dust to all out there. Xx

Re: Testing out trigger 7dpt

Wed Jul 15, 2015 5:57 am

Hello there,I had 2 Ovidrele shots,and I know the feeling what u are going trough!A bfn at this point doesn't mean ur out it means the hcg shot is out and the next faint line it means ur pregnant!!Good Luck and i will be stalking for updates!!i do think is too early too be out!!

Wed Jul 15, 2015 6:39 am

Thanks for replying! I thought I was alone out there (despite there being hundreds of old blogs out there about this)

Am I silly to keep testing? if so... do u think twice a day (am and pm) is overkill?

My husband is currently away for work and will only arrive home after my official pregnancy blood test so I am going crazy here all on my own

Wed Jul 15, 2015 7:32 am

Yes I think ur over testing but I used to do it even 3 times a day ,lol,you say u are 7dpt that is about 5dpo and implantation happens usually around 7-10dpo!I say to stop testing for now and start testing 9dpo!!Tou are not alone!!!Im here if you wanna talk or an advice!!i really hope this is it for you!!

Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:58 am

Hi girls. Jessesmum - I am going to be in your same situation soon. For my first baby (8 months old in 2 days) my first round of injections worked after 18 months of TTC on our own and with clomid. Currently I am waiting until my TSH numbers come down (thyroid issue) but then I am going to go to injections again. Luckily, I somehow am pretty reasonable and have already told myself and expect it to take several rounds of injections before I get a BFP. I know it was a lot of luck that the first round worked last time around. Remember that even in the most perfect circumstances the sperm only fertilizes the egg 20-25% of the time. My doctor told me that there was a 99% chance it won't work on the first try this time around, and that a lot of girls get really upset by that. So you are not alone. Also, like Danaa said, it is probably too early to see a real BFP. I am actually impressed that the trigger is already out of your system! It is probably a waste to be testing right now, but I won't tell you not to because I know how that goes :) Good luck! Keep us updated!
Post a reply
IsoFresh
Pregnancy Test Strips
FertilAid for Women and Men
OvaCue
OvaGraph
IsoFresh
5 Tips Newsletter