Two Week Wait

Having trouble getting pregnant the second time around? Find support here.
Post a reply

Help us decide?

IVF
100%
IUI - Known
No votes
IUI - Unanimous
No votes

Total votes : 3

New - looking 4 advice

Fri Apr 06, 2018 3:30 pm

Hi.
Im a 25yo female, fully healthy. My DH is 26yo with low-sperm count caused by a vericoseal. We have been ttc for 3 years now. After 3 MCs, We did 3 cycles of IUI and he had surgery for the Verico but it didnt help.
The docs tell us that IVF is our only option other than going with a donor.
My dilemma: pay for unanimous donor and try IUI again ($2400+), choose a known donor (we have a willing party who doesn't want any involvement after donation) and go through legal steps and IUI again ($4500+), or try to hold out for IVF ($8000/atempt).
Money is a large factor in all of this. My DH doesn't want to put us in debt ttc and is very depressed with the idea that it's all his fault. But he wants a kid of his own over any type of donor even though he's not against it. He even picked the known donor himself before we found out the costs of our options.
We are just unsure of the best route to take here. IVF is scary, and feels cold to us even though the results, if positive, would justify it. And the options surrounding more IUI procedures is just as troubling.
Legally it would be safest to go unanimous but that leaves a lot of unanswered questions later down the road.
Realistically going with a known donor can get tricky if they change their minds about not being involved, and also as the child grows up it could get complicated.
Any suggestions or feedback is appreciated. Xoxo

Re: New - looking 4 advice

Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:05 am

Bob, I am.sorry to hear that ttc hasn't been an easy journey for you.

While it is a very personal decision and only you know what's best for you guys, here are my two cents. If I were you, I will attempt IVF (icsi). Although its expensive but success rate is much higher than IUI. This will also allow you to have a child who shares yours as well as your DH's dna. Many girls get pregnant after 1-2 embryo transfers (fresh or frozen). Good luck

Tue May 29, 2018 2:49 pm

Thanks for your input. I'm sorry I haven't replied until now.
I decided to go on a few other community pages and we found another way.
We decided to do an in-home IUI with a known donor, even with a lower success rate (15-20%)
He agreed to fill out a non-contact agreement that we can print out for free and get notarized to make it fully legal.
I ovulated in the morning on the 25th and our donor came over straight away to give his sample.
It was the most heartwarmingly awkward visit I've ever had. Haha.
Now we're grueling through out TWW.
I've managed to only cry about 4 times so far, so things are right on track.
I would appreciate the prayers and good luck vibes.
Has anyone else had any success doing in-home IUIs?
What was your success rate?
Did any OTC meds help?
I am taking my prenatals and folic acid.

Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:06 pm

Hey Dear! Hope so you are doing good. I just read your post and it made me feel sad to know about your miscarriages. But don't worry it may the part of life. Such You are such a strong girl because you facing all the situation patiently. I think you should go for surrogacy. as you have faced three miscarriages. In this process, embryo formed outside the body and is then injected into the uterus of the third mother. So in this way, you don't need to carry the baby in your womb. It has a low risk of miscarriage. You will get all the facilities at the clinic. I think you should also consult with your doctor about it. Hope so your wish will come true. My sympathies

Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:00 am

Hey Dear! Hope so you will be fine. I just read your post. I really felt so sad to know about the conditions you are dealing with right now. IVF is really a bit to face. I think you should go with surrogacy. It is a more preferred method over IVF. I have also been through this situation and surrogacy was the last option for me to have a baby. In surrogacy, there would be a low risk of miscarriage. While in IVF, you would be pregnant and there could be complications on the way. So I would suggest you go with surrogacy. Also, consult with your doctor regarding this.
My sympathies

Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:27 am

TTC will be very hard for you. It needs a lot of patience. I have seen many parents been TTC for more than 10 years. IVF success rate is higher than IUI. So it's better that you should go for IVF. It will be best for you. You are afraid that it will be painful. Don't worry it involve a little bit of pain. Remember when there is no pain there is no gain. So try it. Don't be scared by IVF. Otherwise, if you are still afraid. Then you should go for surrogacy. There is a good clinic in Europe. They are best in dealing with surrogacy. Their services are less expensive. Then you should go for surrogacy. Till then I wish you a very good luck.

Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:58 am

Hey Dear. I am really sorry for you. I voted for IVF. You should go for IVF. Because this suits you in the true sense. Dear, you are going through a lot. Trying to conceive is never been an easy task. And you had tried a lot and cant afford it anymore. Don't lose hope and strength. Life is like a roller coaster and it has its ups and down. You had suffered a lot. And its time to change your direction. Hope so my words will help you. Best of luck. Sending you positive vibes.

Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:38 am

Hi there, hope you are doing well. I feel sad for you. Infertility is a curse. unfortunately, it has become a common disease. I can understand your pain. TTC is a difficult and long journey. Also the chances of success are rare. I recommend surrogacy. The process is simple also the success rate is 90%. But please check the background of the clinic before setting an appointment. We had a bad experience with L***s clinic. We heard about this clinic from fb. They ensured about the treatment success. But after 2 months results were zero. They also refused to give us back the money. they are scams. Please don't ever contact them. I hope you will soon find happiness. Take care

Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:30 am

I am sad to know your situation.This is really bad situation when you loose baby.But we never loose hope.I think surrogacy is best for you to baby.But confirm about clinic before surrogacy.Because there is some bad clinics so beaware from that.
I am suffering from infertility.Due to this i do not born baby.Me and my husband want baby to complete family.SO finally we contact with Lotus for surrogacy.Everything will be done.We paid advance money for treatment also.But we reached there for surrogacy we really disappointed,This was really sad moment for us.They cheated us for money.They wasted our time money.They have low experience medical team.People must know about these type of surrogacy clinic and be aware of them.

Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:53 am

Hi , i hope you are well and fine know.I am sad to know about your miscarriages.This is sad moment but do not loose hope.Because surrogacy is the best way for you to born baby.This is simple and natural way to born baby for infertile people.But choice of clinic is so difficult in surrogacy.So must confirm about the clinic before surrogacy.Because there is some bad clinic in the field of surrogacy.
I am telling you about the story of my cousin.She is infertile due to this she can't born baby.Surrogacy is the best way for her to born baby.So she decided to go for surrogacy.She contact with Lotus for surrogacy.When she reached there then no body care her.This was really hard moment.She lost her baby.Lotus is just a scam .People must know about these type of clinic who work for money only.So be careful about these clinics.

Wed Aug 22, 2018 12:30 am

Hello there! I feel so sorry for what you had gone through. Its very hard to TTC for so long without getting any positive results. Well suggestion point of you, I recommend you that IVF is a better option. You should also consult with your Gynecologist as well. I hope you will be a mother soon. Best wishes. God bless you.

Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:02 pm

Sorry to hear about your infertility. I have seen many parents been TTC for more than 10 years. I have also been infertile for 8 years. IVF success rate is higher than IUI. So it's better that you should go for IVF. I know you are afraid that it will be painful. However, It is truly worth the pain. Just make sure you select a good doctor.

Mon Aug 27, 2018 9:28 pm

Hun, you should go for IVF. I know that it can be a little tricky. There are a lot of needles involved which usually scares the patients. I tell you it will be worth it. In my personal opinion, it's better than IUI. That totally varies person to person. Ask your gynaecologist. See what she suggests you to go for.

Wed Aug 29, 2018 4:05 pm

It is hard to TTC for so long without getting any positive response. i think now you should opt for an alternative. No doubt, IVF is a good option. But you have already waited for so long. And IVF also take 2 to 3 attempts. So I would suggest you to otp for surrogacy. This clinic in ukraine is amazing. They are so professional. They really should be called as saints. I had heare many good review about them. You should give this clinic a try. Wish you the best of luck!

Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:33 pm

I will say go for surrogacy. It is easier and successful method of having a baby. As i have gone through it that is why i am saying for surrogacy. Surrogacy was successful for my family. I had hysterectomy cancer due to which i was infertile for life. So we decided to go for surrogacy. And it turns to be a real straight success for us without any issue. Now we will have our twin daughters from this surrogacy.
That is why i suggest surrogacy. Good luck to you friend.
Post a reply
IsoFresh
Pregnancy Test Strips
FertilAid for Women and Men
OvaCue
OvaGraph
IsoFresh
5 Tips Newsletter