Introduction

Having trouble getting pregnant the second time around? Find support here.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Introduction

Postby erica21210 » Sat Dec 14, 2013 2:19 pm

Hi! I'm Erica, I'm 27 years old and my husband and I have began TTC for our 2nd child 3 years ago next month. Our son Landon was conceived after our 1st month trying and born in February 2010 so we didn't think it would be so hard the second time around. Around the year mark my periods starting becoming irregular and I had gained 20lbs.

I had an HSG done and my husband had his sperm tested around 14 months TTC. My HSG cleared out one of my tubes and my husband was fine. We were told unexplained infertility. I asked both my regular OB and fertility dr if my weight was causing my cycles to be so irregular and I was told no. We were told to proceed with IUI but we did not, just continued trying naturally until 2 years and 2 months of trying had passed. At that point I decided to focus on weight loss first because cycles ranging from 24-37 days just wasn't cutting it for me.

In 2013 I have lost 35lbs (40lbs total combined with some lost in late 2012), and my cycles have been regular for 10 months now! We have not tried at all for most of 2013, I actively made sure there was no "chance" each month so it wouldn't be in the back of my head. I had my OB appointment this past week and all looks normal. My OB did prescribe me clomid but I don't think we are going to go that route because my cycles have been so normal and I heard it can dry up your good fluids. I bought the book Taking Charge of Your Fertility and am going to chart for the first time and see if we can make this 2nd baby happen for us. :)

erica21210

Re: Introduction

Postby LizzieM » Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:53 am

Good luck to you!! That book is going to change your life! I LOVE it and refer to it all the time! TTC our first : )
LizzieM
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Return to Secondary Infertility