the longer it takes...

Having trouble getting pregnant the second time around? Find support here.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

the longer it takes...

Postby WeBeTTC#2 » Thu Apr 03, 2014 1:33 pm

the longer it takes TTC baby #2, the more I start wondering if I'm only meant to have one child.
Things are getting more difficult with my son - he seems to be at "that age" where the tantrums and defiance are at full tilt, and he's started pushing and hitting and making me kind of scared to even think about how jealous he'd get if I brought a new baby home. Add that to the fact that DH is in the military and we're waiting to hear if we're getting posted to Alberta or staying here one more year (there's so much riding on this posting message - it's like our lives are on pause while we wait)
If we got to stay here one more year I'd actually be very excited because it would mean I have the chance of conceiving here AND getting a Midwife instead of an OB. (I attempted a home water birth with DS1 and the midwives were incredibly supportive!)
but if we do get posted out, that could mean I end up pregnant while trying to wrangle a 2 year old AND pack up an entire household to move to another province. I am just not sure if we should put the TTC on hold for a bit till we find out when we're moving?!
Am I having doubts about a second baby all together?
Am I just frustrated because it's not happening quickly? UGH!
I so badly wanted to be pregnant and have another baby, and I know there's not a "perfect time" to do so, but is there a better time than right now?
Anyone else have these kind of thoughts?
31 years old from Manitoba, Canada
Married in July 2011
DS#1 - 2 years old
TTC #2 since May 2013

BFP November 10, 2013 - chemical pregnancy
February 2014 - Full physical done - LPD confirmed
April 24 2014 - Dx low progesterone, referral sent to OB/GYN - 2 month wait :(
May 3 2014 - +OPK, 1st cycle using progesterone cream
May 15 2014 - :bfp: @ 12DPO!!!!

TTC arsenal: BBT charting, OPKs, Prenatal Vitamins & Progesterone cream

My Ovulation Chart
WeBeTTC#2
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Re: the longer it takes...

Postby mamabear1 » Fri Apr 04, 2014 3:11 am

All the time. I think it's pretty normal though...which is great, it shows intelligence that you are really thinking through a very important decision.
I don't think the answer is always clear, but the process of thinking through the implications, timing etc is really important.
I twist myself up in knots sometimes weighing up a 3rd baby. There seem to be many cons sometimes. Often by the end of the day I'm thinking "what am I thinking?", but I know that's just tiredness talking. In the morning when I'm rested I'm sure I want this baby.
I think you're right - is it ever a good time? There always seems to be some reason to hold off. But we all manage stresses and challenges differently and some people can take on more than others. I'd just say know what your limits are at this time and that might help you make your decision.
I wish you all the best with whatever decision you make.
[i]TTC one more precious bundle since Oct 2013 with my now 41yr old eggs, and severe mfi :(

m/c Jan 2007 7w5d
DD Nov 2007
DS Feb 2010
m/c Aug 2014 10w5d

IVF#1
EPU 25/1/16 - 5 follicles, 5 eggs (all mature), 3 fertilised (ICSI).
CGH testing on 1 day 6 embryo = abnormal.
Time for a new FS and a kick a*s protocol.
mamabear1
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby WeBeTTC#2 » Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:22 pm

Thank you for your reply mamabear :D
It's good to know I'm not alone!
What you said about feeling one thing at the end of a long day, then feeling another way waking up fresh in the morning totally makes sense! There are definitely days (and moments) when I question my sanity thinking about TTC #2. I think I am going to have another conversation with DH about everything and just lay my hopes/fears/concerns out on the table.
If I don't get that BFP this month I think I am going to take some time off and focus on other things for a bit. Couldn't hurt, right?!
Thanks again ~ sending lots of baby dust your way ~
31 years old from Manitoba, Canada
Married in July 2011
DS#1 - 2 years old
TTC #2 since May 2013

BFP November 10, 2013 - chemical pregnancy
February 2014 - Full physical done - LPD confirmed
April 24 2014 - Dx low progesterone, referral sent to OB/GYN - 2 month wait :(
May 3 2014 - +OPK, 1st cycle using progesterone cream
May 15 2014 - :bfp: @ 12DPO!!!!

TTC arsenal: BBT charting, OPKs, Prenatal Vitamins & Progesterone cream

My Ovulation Chart
WeBeTTC#2
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby melondee » Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:40 pm

You are definitely not alone in these thoughts. I always wonder if I'm meant to have another one. Especially when my son turned 4, and no baby yet. But there are always things that make the timing off. If you wait for the perfect timing, you'll never have another baby! Trust your instincts and know that the terrible 2s get easier!
Me: 09/13/88
DH: 08/04/86
DS: 03/18/09
TTC on and off since Jan 2010.
Jan 2010-July 2012: TTC
July 2012-July 2013: Break due to bleeding issues that put me in hospital. Dr gave me an ultimatum - hysterectomy or Mirena IUD (I was 23). Hated the Mirena, still had frequent periods and lots of spotting.
July 2013: IUD fell out, been TTC ever since.

Taking B6.
May 4/14 - Started Maca Root from CD15-28, advised by RHN.
June 15/14 - Started Homeopathic Hormone Balancing Protocol

My Ovulation Chart

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
melondee
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Secondary Infertility