anyone have trouble conceiving after csection?

Having trouble getting pregnant the second time around? Find support here.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

anyone have trouble conceiving after csection?

Postby lilmama12 » Tue May 06, 2014 9:00 am

Hello ladies I am on my 5th cycle ttc #2...I know I have not been trying as long as most of you. But Im really starting to worry. I had a csection 2years ago with DS who kept having decels due to cord being around his neck and stress. I just turned 24 in march and really cant wrap my head around why its taking so long using opk for 2nd time hopefully it helps. Geez what more can I say I got baby on the brain baaaddd. I would be heart broken and devestated if I could not give my son a sibling. Plleeasse help anyone have trouble ttc #2 after primary ceserean? Also does insurance even cover secondary infertility? No way in hell we could afford all these treatments and what not!! Ok rant over any advice would be appreciated. Baby dust and sticky beans to you all!
lilmama12

Re: anyone have trouble conceiving after csection?

Postby WeBeTTC#2 » Thu May 08, 2014 8:13 am

I don't think the c-section would have an effect on your fertility.
As you said you're only on your 5th cycle and you are young so most doctors won't be concerned until you've TTC for one year with no luck. It's good that you're using the OPKs - when I started using OPKs they showed me that I wasn't ovulating until very late in my cycle (CD18) and after several cycles with the same conclusions, my doctor was able to say with certainty that I had a luteal phase defect that needs to be corrected before I can conceive.
Have you thought about BBT charting? Aside from buying the thermometer, it's free, and it can be really beneficial to see your temp pattern and helps to confirm that your OPKs are accurate so you'll be able to have sex on the most fertile days.
31 years old from Manitoba, Canada
Married in July 2011
DS#1 - 2 years old
TTC #2 since May 2013

BFP November 10, 2013 - chemical pregnancy
February 2014 - Full physical done - LPD confirmed
April 24 2014 - Dx low progesterone, referral sent to OB/GYN - 2 month wait :(
May 3 2014 - +OPK, 1st cycle using progesterone cream
May 15 2014 - :bfp: @ 12DPO!!!!

TTC arsenal: BBT charting, OPKs, Prenatal Vitamins & Progesterone cream

My Ovulation Chart
WeBeTTC#2
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby lilmama12 » Thu May 08, 2014 8:31 pm

Yeah im hoping it wouldn't cause me any problems. I think the anxiety of waiting and waiting is whats driving me bonkers lol. Not to mention I thought it would be easy like the first go around. Im definitley considering the temping. If I dont get my BFP this month. Im glad that you were able to figure out the LPD so you can hopefully move on to getting that BFP very soon. Thanks for the advice. :) fx
lilmama12

Postby missbling » Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:47 pm

I know this thread is a little old....but I have secondary infertility - two blocked tubes and it was from the c-section. It was scar tissue that formed after the birth and blocked the tubes at the entrance to the tubes... I'm now in the middle of our first cycle of IVF to try and conceive having been told there's no chance (and 3 years TTC naturally proved the same) of conceiving without IVF. So, it is very possible - it happened to me. I hope that's not the case for you though ...best of luck
Me: 38 2 blocked tubes (from previous c-section)
DH 43 - no issues
DS: 3 yrs old
TTC #2 End of 2011
IVF #1 14 August '14
18 Eggs/13 fertilised/ 1 transferred/ 2 snow babies
BFP 8 September 2014 (Due date 18 May '15)
missbling

Postby soskinny » Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:49 am

Me too. 3 natural births then a c-section. That was 12 years ago and no pg since. Breaks my heart. Had I known this could happen I wouldn't never have had the op.
soskinny
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Return to Secondary Infertility