HSG and a blocked tube?

Having trouble getting pregnant the second time around? Find support here.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

HSG and a blocked tube?

Postby IvysMama12 » Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:00 am

Hey guys was hoping to see if anyone might have experience with this as well. Yesterday I went in for an HSG and the dye flowed easily through the right but not at all through the left. The doctor ended up adding additional dye and was able to push the blockage through (not fun!). He said it seemed like a mucous plug and that everything should be good now. At the time I was in some shock/pain and didn't think of any questions and now I'm just wondering if that could be the reason we haven't concieved in the last two years. He also said that it looks like I may have some scar tissue however I have no other symptoms of endo and he said it wouldnt be a necessary procedure to do now. I guess I'm just a little shaken up by everything and will be talking to my normal ob soon but just looking for some support. Thanks everyone!
IvysMama12

Re: HSG and a blocked tube?

Postby Danaa » Fri Nov 21, 2014 3:42 pm

I had an hsg it wasnt painful during the procedure but after OMG so painful,just one good tube lowers your chance of having a baby for sure,my hsg showed both of my tubes were blocked that probably was a spasm I did end up having laparoscopy.i read that after hsg a lot of women get pregnant so good luck in the next months.
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
After 3 years in which we tried everything we are doing IVF in Greece with Iakentro Athens.
Short Protocol with Bemfola and Cetrotide
19mature eggs and we have 9 day5 blasto.
FET#1 ended in a very early loss,chemical pregnancy.
FET#2 ended in a loss at 22w due to IC,my boys will be forever in my heart .
FET#3 MMC at the 10 weeks ultrasound.
FET#4 2018
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Secondary Infertility