so fed up

Having trouble getting pregnant the second time around? Find support here.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

so fed up

Postby coops79 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:42 am

Hi everyone,
I was just wondering if anyone has similar experiences and could offer any advice as I think I'm slowly going round the twist. My husband and I were diagnosed about 18 months ago with "unexplained secondary infertility" - we have a 7 year old and have been trying for no 2 for 3 and a half years now. Basically we were told that every test had come back normal so there was no reason why we can't conceive.

Anyway, in the last 2 years I seem to have had constant gynae and health problems and I'm really worried that they're all connected. I've been told I have cervical ectropion and have had silver nitrate cautery twice - I seem to have constant heavy discharge which leaves me swollen and itchy (sorry tmi) and sometimes with mild cramps- not exactly conducive to baby making. The only relief I seem to get from it is for a few days after my period. I have gained weight for no reason and just can't shift it - then a few months ago, my fingers became really swollen, I was told it was down to a B12 and D deficiency and put on tablets (I'm just awaiting results of blood tests to see if there is an improvement). I have next to no energy and no motivation to do anything - my libido is almost non existent at the moment and I just feel so utterly fed up with it all, I feel fat, unattractive and so miserable. My periods are fairly regular, usually between 27 and 32 day cycle - but last month I noticed I was having a LOT of clots (again sorry!) which freaked me out a bit. My smear test has come back clear.

Does anyone have any experience with these kind of symptoms? Am i genuinely going insane or is this all somehow related?
I would really appreciate any advice anyone can offer.
thank you so much
Annie x
coops79

Re: so fed up

Postby BKB273 » Tue Mar 10, 2015 1:00 pm

Hi, I am 36 and on my 21st cycle of TTC. It is very frustrating. I totally know where you are. My DS is 6 yrs old and we started TTC for baby #2 when he turned 4yrs, so the age difference it going to be quite a bit now …. It bothered me at first, now I am ok with it, but I really would like it to happen before he turns like 8! I have gotten checked out and everything looks good. DH has not gotten SA done. Doc has told me to get him to do it, but I know I can’t talk to him about it, since he says not to worry, if it happens fine, if it doesn’t we will be fine. But now I am starting to think, we’ve gone so long and nothing, I need to get him to go get the SA so we know either way and what I can do next. I know he’ll be open to Clomid, but not IUI, IVF or anything like that.

I have gained weight and it is hard for me to get it off. I started on Metformin in November to help, and also get my blood sugar down, but I never have any motivation to eat right and exercise. Sometimes my fingers are swollen, I wonder if it’s from the b12 deficiency and Vit D. My Vit D was really low and I always forget to take it and with the Metformin I am supposed to take b12 so I could be deficient in that.

I noticed my AF last time too, there were some clots in there, so I kind of wondered if it was a chemical pg, and how many I might have had like that in the past?

Sorry I don’t really have any advice, just wanted to share I am in the same boat as you! We had such a good month with my O this last time and got good BDing in, but I started spotting yesterday and just really depressed because I know that means AF is on her way ….
Me: 37, DH: 38, DS: 7yrs
TTC #2 over 3 years

Last AF: 06/14/2016
BKB273
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

im new

Postby bluelady » Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:16 am

Hi ladies, I'm new here, I tried to register at a no. Of secondary infertility forums but something goes wrong , I've so much to share and...I'm 31 yrs old and trying to conceive from last 11 yrs, can u all believe 11 long yrs , I feel fed up sometime s but soon I start hoping maybe maybe god will bless me this month but I always fail, this month too I've undergone iui and this is it!!!!!!! I've decided this is the limit I won't go for any any treatment now.... I have a 12 year old daughter , the irony is that I was just 19 yrs when she was born, I wanted to study but I got married at 18, no friends of mine were married, I felt "yuck".and then I was pregnant , I was not ready to be a mother , but I couldn't abort as im from a very conservative Indian family .I resented my pregnancy and missed all the pleasures and my daughter s infanthood; don't get me wrong I love her the most in this world, but I was young and stupid then .now I long to enjoy pregnancy and relive those moments but im infertile now....
bluelady

Postby BKB273 » Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:25 am

Hey bluelady, I am Indian too! ..... I got married young at 21, and we were not ready for any kids, we just wanted to have fun. Had an "oops" after 8 years (still were not thinking about kids) and got DS. We never knew what we were missing until we had him. The best thing that ever happened to us. So when we were not even trying, we got him, and now that we are actually trying for another, it's not happening! So frustrating! I am turning 37 this year so I'd really like it to happen fast!
Me: 37, DH: 38, DS: 7yrs
TTC #2 over 3 years

Last AF: 06/14/2016
BKB273
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby bluelady » Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:00 am

Hey bkb273,
Thanks for replying, I can understand how u might be feeling as I have been in this situation from last 11 yrs.hope u succeed this time.
bluelady

Return to Secondary Infertility