FET:transfer of 2 embryos-Increases or cuts chance of pregn?

Having trouble getting pregnant the second time around? Find support here.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

FET:transfer of 2 embryos-Increases or cuts chance of pregn?

Postby Alicja78 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:48 am

Hi ladies. I have a question in regards to your thoughts on FET - transferring TWO embryos vs. one. Which of you had 2 embryos transferred during FET - and did any of them implant, resulted in pregnancy, or failed?

Recently my friends forwarded an article to me, which said the recent study showed that '...Using TWO embryos for IVF could cut the chance of having a baby by 25% because the womb may reject them if one is of poor quality' - a study of almost 1500 embryos was carried out at Nurture Fertility clinic in Nottingham, UK.

From my own experience: in 2014 - FET, we had 2 embryos transferred - none of them implanted.
2016 - again, FET - 2 embryos transferred - none of them implanted (thankfully, we have a wonderful 1-year old son from the same fresh cycle).

This year we'll be undergoing another FET (still have 3 frozen embryos) and was thinking about transferring 2 of them. But after reading about this study, I'm contemplating having just 1 transferred (since we already failed twice, after 2-embryo transfers).

Which of you had 2 embryos transferred during FET - and did they implant? And 2nd question, if it's not too much to ask, how old were you at the time of transfer? (I'll be 39 by the time of my next FET). Thank you for your help and good luck!
Alicja78
Friend

Return to Secondary Infertility