Any thoughts on surrogacy?

Having trouble getting pregnant the second time around? Find support here.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Any thoughts on surrogacy?

Postby CelineM » Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:01 am

Hi ladies,
I've been TTC for a while and recently I was diagnosed with unexplained secondary infertility. I'm 47 years old and it seems I can't carry a baby anymore.
I'm thinking of going for surrogacy. However I'm not quite sure about it. There are many issues and risks to consider.
I would love to know your opinions.. specially if any of you had done it before..
Thanks
CelineM

Re: Any thoughts on surrogacy?

Postby mimimama » Sun Jul 30, 2017 6:51 am

No dir experience, but If I were in your shoes, I would consider IVF with donor eggs or IVF de combined with PGS NGS, that usually works in case of unexplained secondary infertility.
Me 31, DH 40. TTC 5 years. Unexplained infertility.
December 2015- IVF #1 BFN
May/June 2016- new doctor, IVF consultation in Gdansk Poland
October 2016- IVF #2 Invicta BFP!!!
mimimama
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Nessa05 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:03 pm

Hi OP! I'm looking in the same thing. I'm not able to carry a baby. After multiple MCs I decided it's time to look for another option. So now I'm searching for surrogacy information. How are you doing now? Any progress or news? There is much info in the internet, but it kind of confusing. It would be nice to talk to someone with surrogacy experience.
Nessa05
Friend

Postby Trina09 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:43 pm

Hello, dear. I'm also unable to give birth, but, anyway, I'm a mother of two kids. My first son was adopted. And our daughter was born by the surrogate. My husband and me always wanted to have a big family. That's why we were doing everything possible to become parents several times. We didn't know anything about surrogacy, when we decided to adopt. I don't regret! We love our son like as he is our biological baby. By the way, he is a great brother. He was so happy when we brought our little princess home. She was so tiny and nice smelling. We have taken her home in 1 week after her birth day. Everything was pretty easy. The embryo was transferred and we had to wait. In 3 weeks we got a call from BioTexCom representative. He told us that our surrogate is pregnant. We were so happy. So, we took the first flight and arrived to the clinic.
It was fun spending time with our surrogate. She was a very nice girl. She took a good care of our baby girl. We appreciate her for help. I think all the surrogates are very brave. They help couples, like our, to become parents. This is a big deal. I would never forget it. If you are not sure if surrogacy is good enough for you, don't be. You won't find better solution to fulfill your dream. I can answer all your questions regarding surrogacy. Feel free to contact me.
Trina09
Friend

Return to Secondary Infertility