New Here

Having trouble getting pregnant the second time around? Find support here.

Moderators: JessM, southernbelle, maddy, unaffected

New Here

Postby amknight » Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:57 pm

Hello. I am new to these boards. My name is Amy. I have 4 children with my DH and we are trying for #5. We had no issues TTC the first 3 and #4 was actually an unplanned surprise! But, we have been trying now officially for 8 cycles. DH has Low T (he's on the young side for it, but it runs in the family) and his SA was not awful, but not great.

So far, I have checked out ok. My FSH, LH and prolactin were in normal range. My 7 dpo progesterone was good.
His sperm county was 35mil, his morphology is about 10%, his viscosity is high, and forward motion and movement is low. We are supposed to repeat his semen analysis soon and will do so if this cycle is a bust.

Yeah... I'm not really sure what else to say. Or really even how this journey goes as this is a new struggle.

But Hi!
Amy 34.5 - Wife to Tim 36
Emma - born 06/02/2007 after 1 cycle TTC
Alexander - born 06/21/2009 after 1 cycle TTC
01/2012 - Loss after 5 cycles TTC
Jacob - born 11/19/2012 after 1 cycle TTC post MC
Lillian - born 08/22/2015 - SURPRISE pregnancy!
TTC #5 since Jan 2017
amknight

Re: New Here

Postby mimimama » Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:45 am

I would like to wish you a positive outcome of yr ttc-ing
Me 31, DH 40. TTC 5 years. Unexplained infertility.
December 2015- IVF #1 BFN
May/June 2016- new doctor, IVF consultation in Gdansk Poland
October 2016- IVF #2 Invicta BFP!!!
mimimama
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby BeeCee33 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:43 am

Welcome to the boards! I'm also dealing with secondary infertility. I have a son who just turned two and have lost 2 pregnancies this year. It's such a hard place to be in when you know things worked before! I don't have any answers for you, but wish you luck moving forward. :)
Me (Becca): 33 DH:38

BFP Feb 20, 2017 :angel: mc @ 5 weeks

BFP June 2, 2017 :angel: mc @ 5 weeks

Henry James born 7/2015

Giving letrozole a try at 2.5 mg:
Cycle 1-- BFN
Cycle 2-- BFN
My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Debbkinz » Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:40 am

Hi, good luck lovely! :)

I pushed for my oh to have a SA,and I feel awful now as just before Xmas we got a letter to go into he’s go for an appointment on 9jan!,he’s now again totally adamant he can’t have kids!,I told him that they go into loads of details and it’s not as easy as yes u can have kids crack on! Or no u can’t sorry!

I feel absolutely awful about it!,if things are. It so bad with him, then I’m off back to my drs, my periods are between 30-31! It’s hard work knowing when I ovulate and without sounding bad my sex drive is like nil! I’m just so tired with work etc at the min

Hope ur all ok xx
Debbkinz
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby beckybenson » Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:10 am

Hi. You sound depressed. You sure will be. This is kind of a sad post. I'm really sorry to hear about this. The struggle gets so frustrating. I totally get you. I think you should get some fertility treatments for yourself. Trust me, the waiting isn't worth it. All it does is eat you up inside. You don't want that. This is what I suggest to most of the people. I see people who TTC for ten years even. This really tears them apart but they go on. This is really not healthy. If you can have a baby with different ways, why not do it? I know of a great clinic that you can go to with this issue. They will suggest what procedure would suit you best. Good luck.
beckybenson

Postby @whenmytruerainbow » Wed Jul 25, 2018 4:39 am

Hi there! I know this is quite a late post on here. I'm sorry so many people are going through this. Just read and felt I cannot leave it unanswered. I hope this year has brought you luck. And that you might probably be on prego list since your last visit. Hoping for the best.
@whenmytruerainbow
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Grace004 » Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:07 am

Hey there! Welcome to the board. Hope you are doing fine. Well, TTC for so long with no positive results is really frustrating. I hope this time you will get positive results if it wouldn't then don't be a worry. Then I suggest you try to fertility treatments. TTC for a long time with no results is a wasting of time and worthless. I hope best for you. God bless you
Grace004

Postby Grace004 » Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:08 am

Hey there! Welcome to the board. Hope you are doing fine. Well, TTC for so long with no positive results is really frustrating. I hope this time you will get positive results if it wouldn't then don't be a worry. Then I suggest you try to fertility treatments. TTC for a long time with no results is a wasting of time and worthless. I hope best for you. God bless you
Grace004

Postby TaylorT » Mon Aug 27, 2018 6:23 pm

I can relate to your story a little. It reminded me of the time when I used to be depressed too. I had my first son through a normal pregnancy when I was 28 However, I could not conceive after that. And it was devastating. I felt like I have nowhere to go. But after a few years, I met a really good doctor and she was of great help. I am just happy that I didn't let my problem get the best of me. My husband and I stayed positive and strong. We had faith and we knew we would have a child again. We considered other options and visited a clinic that helped us a lot. We are expecting a baby girl in October. I hope everything goes smoothly. I suggest you to see a better doctor that can help. Having a second opinion is always the best option. I really hope you become a mother soon. xx
TaylorT
Friend

Postby LucyBrown » Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:41 pm

Hey, how are you? I hope you are doing well. I have also had the same issues as you. Actually, not completely same but my hormones were stable. I conceived thrice naturally but the problem was due to chromosomal abnormalities. I conceived naturally but they resulted in miscarriages. My partner and I went through a really hard time because of it. We wanted to have a child desperately. We did some research and went to a clinic. I want to say that we were given two options. IVF with low success rate. As, we were told it may result in miscarriage. And the other option was surrogacy. So we went for surrogacy. The procedure just started. I hope we get to enjoy the perks of parenthood.
LucyBrown

Return to Secondary Infertility