How would I manage this?

Having trouble getting pregnant the second time around? Find support here.

Moderators: JessM, southernbelle, maddy, unaffected

How would I manage this?

Postby hannah201 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:04 am

Hey everybody. I'm in somewhat of an issue. I would love to hear any guidance. Indeed, even some help would be great as well. I just brought forth a wonderful child young lady. From that point forward I have been very discouraged, however. I have been not able even to hold her or administer to her. I think it is post birth anxiety. I simply need it to leave. Some days, I simply feel unable to work. I simply sit oblivious. My sister descended here to assist with the child. I know I should advance up and assume responsibility. My girl needs me. Notwithstanding, realizing that isn't sufficient. I can't do it. How would I manage this?
hannah201

Re: How would I manage this?

Postby stefanifeda » Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:40 pm

This sounds very much like postpartum depression, Hannah. I would make an appointment to see your doctor immediately. When your hormones drop so suddenly after giving birth, it can cause a sort of "crash" as if coming down from a high. It can become dangerous for you and your daughter if left untreated.

In the meantime, don't feel afraid to reach out to your loved ones and rely on them for support. That's what they're there for. They love you and want to help. It's such a blessing that you have your sister.

I would also try to make time to do some things alone without baby. It may help to clear your head a bit. Take a break, let your sister watch her for the day. Force yourself to get dressed and ready, and go do something you'd enjoy either alone or with a friend or family member.

I'm really rooting for you, Hannah. If you need anything, I'm here for you! Just sent me a message or post. Good luck, love! ❤
stefanifeda
Friend

Return to Secondary Infertility