TTC for 6 years, 65 Cycles, Finally a BFP!

Share your TTC success stories here!

Moderators: JessM, southernbelle, maddy, unaffected

TTC for 6 years, 65 Cycles, Finally a BFP!

Postby madmarmar » Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:58 am

After stalking and combing this website through many TWWs over the years, the day has finally come where I can post my very own BFP story to this board!

My husband and I have been TTC since 2012, 65 cycles to be exact. We were diagnosed about 2 years in with the very helpful diagnosis of unexplained infertility. We were advised to keep trying naturally because "we were young" (in our late 20s). We tried diet changes, temping, OPKs, exercise changes, avoided saunas and hot tubs, tried acupuncture three times a week, took various supplements and herbs, prayed a whole lot and nothing happened.

After switching doctors we decided to begin getting medical help and started with medicated IUI's this year. Medicated meaning clomid, ovidrel trigger shots, and progesterone supplements for me, and Fertilaid supplements for my husband. First two IUI's were a bust. I kind of want to kick myself for waiting this long to start IUI's and getting more heavy duty help from medications, but I also feel like the timing is just right and me and my husband have learned so much about our own bodies and our relationship along the way. Third IUI was the charm! I'm 18 dpiui today, got my BFP on 13 dpiui, my first doctor's appointment is 11/12/18. I really hope this pregnancy sticks. I'm so excited but also have some fear that something could go wrong. I suppose that's normal though.

These past six years have had so many lows, every cycle thinking "maybe it's this cycle" and then it turning out to not be. For anyone who's been at this TTC game for a long time: I'm praying for you, I'm rooting for you. It took me a really long time to figure out what worked for my body, and I have faith that you will have the same luck.
madmarmar
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Re: TTC for 6 years, 65 Cycles, Finally a BFP!

Postby 7Mk1973 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:22 pm

:happyforyou: :yay: :bfp: :jump: :jump: Congrats on your bfp.
7Mk1973
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Return to TTC Success Stories