TTC for 6 years, 65 Cycles, Finally a BFP!

Share your TTC success stories here!

Moderators: JessM, southernbelle, maddy, unaffected

TTC for 6 years, 65 Cycles, Finally a BFP!

Postby madmarmar » Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:58 am

After stalking and combing this website through many TWWs over the years, the day has finally come where I can post my very own BFP story to this board!

My husband and I have been TTC since 2012, 65 cycles to be exact. We were diagnosed about 2 years in with the very helpful diagnosis of unexplained infertility. We were advised to keep trying naturally because "we were young" (in our late 20s). We tried diet changes, temping, OPKs, exercise changes, avoided saunas and hot tubs, tried acupuncture three times a week, took various supplements and herbs, prayed a whole lot and nothing happened.

After switching doctors we decided to begin getting medical help and started with medicated IUI's this year. Medicated meaning clomid, ovidrel trigger shots, and progesterone supplements for me, and Fertilaid supplements for my husband. First two IUI's were a bust. I kind of want to kick myself for waiting this long to start IUI's and getting more heavy duty help from medications, but I also feel like the timing is just right and me and my husband have learned so much about our own bodies and our relationship along the way. Third IUI was the charm! I'm 18 dpiui today, got my BFP on 13 dpiui, my first doctor's appointment is 11/12/18. I really hope this pregnancy sticks. I'm so excited but also have some fear that something could go wrong. I suppose that's normal though.

These past six years have had so many lows, every cycle thinking "maybe it's this cycle" and then it turning out to not be. For anyone who's been at this TTC game for a long time: I'm praying for you, I'm rooting for you. It took me a really long time to figure out what worked for my body, and I have faith that you will have the same luck.
madmarmar
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Re: TTC for 6 years, 65 Cycles, Finally a BFP!

Postby 7Mk1973 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:22 pm

:happyforyou: :yay: :bfp: :jump: :jump: Congrats on your bfp.
7Mk1973
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby hannahdavid » Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:58 pm

Last edited by hannahdavid on Wed Jul 31, 2019 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Low AMH and High FSH
-Poor Ovarian Reserve
-5 IUIs (failed)
-1 IVF (failed)
Life is a total mess
hannahdavid
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby AlyssaMiller » Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:19 am

Hey there! I am so happy for you hon! Congratulations. I m glad that after 6 years things worked out for you. You are an inspiration for all women out there. Thank you so much for sharing your story here. I m also in the middle of my surrogacy right now. It's important to take care of yourself at this time and avoid bad things like smoking and drinking etc. Clinics play a big part in all this. These treatments are risky and it's important to have experienced doctors by your side. I m glad I found the right clinic for myself. My surrogate is pregnant and I m only waiting for the due date now. I hope it works out for me too. Posts like yours give me hope to stay strong. Stay blessed! Pray for me, please.
AlyssaMiller

Postby PatriciaLee » Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:55 pm

Congratulations on your BFP. I m happy for you. Glad to hear that things are in your favor. But this is just your BFP, the real journey starts now. You have to make sure you take good care of yourself. You have to change to a healthy lifestyle now. I m also trying from the last 6 years to conceive. But nothing really worked out for me. I have now started my IVF with DE. The odds are in my favor, so it looks like this time it will work for me. Just hoping that nothing goes wrong in the end. Stay blessed. Good luck in your future. Take care <3.
PatriciaLee

Postby hannahdavid » Wed Jul 31, 2019 3:49 pm

"This post made me so happy! I am glad that things did finally work for you.
Congratulations to you. After 6 years when finally things do work out it seems like a miracle. I would suggest you take extreme care of yourself throughout this pregnancy. It's amazing that IUI worked for you. It didn't, unfortunately, work for us. Even though we tried numerous cycles. You're right with IUI it is important to time things accordingly. However, in my case, it was really my disorder that was a hindrance. I hope the new clinic that I am visiting is able to help me out. My hopes are really high this time. Do remember me in your prayers. The clinic is the first one in many years that have promised us that things will work out. I am excited but scared at the same time."
-Low AMH and High FSH
-Poor Ovarian Reserve
-5 IUIs (failed)
-1 IVF (failed)
Life is a total mess
hannahdavid
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Return to TTC Success Stories