Two Week Wait

Share your TTC success stories here!
Post a reply

bfp, sore bbs & a guilty conscience!

Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:31 am

Well we got our first bfp on the 29th Dec after 3 months, so excited! Told dp on the 31st after peeing on a few more sticks just incase...:)
But the problem is were on holiday with a big group of friends & decided not to tell anyone just yet & I'm running out of excuses why not to drink or use the jacuzzis (its Ireland we're in, not many sober folk around!) So does anybody have any tips on how to handle these situations? Everyone's calling me a bore! x :lol4:

Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:32 am

Get a cocktail of sprite from the bar and put a lime in it. Walk around and they will " think your drinking. As for the spa, tell them it is after time and your just feeling blah.
.that might work :) good luck!

Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:49 am

Tell that you take medication or some pills with which you shouldnt drink?? Or say that you are driving? :) and all the best! Congrats!!!

Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:14 pm

The fake drink is probably your best bet. Make sure you're the one to order drinkgs or your DP. Then you can just say its rum and whatever. They'll never know. YOu can always tell the bartender too. Often they'll help you out.

Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:51 pm

Have a cranberry and soda drink and just say that you 're on antibiotics and can't drink alcohol right now :)

Or:

That you're on a cleanse
diet
TTC
new years resolution

:)

Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:54 pm

Thanks girls, think fake drink is my best bet! I spent new years eve pretending to drink champagne...I kept the one glass with me all night & just "spilled" a little every now and again so it looked like my glass was going down haha!

Can't wait til we can tell people, when/how did you all tell the family? x

Mon Jan 02, 2012 1:45 pm

to my closest friends at 8 w to the family 12 w :)
Post a reply
IsoFresh
Pregnancy Test Strips
FertilAid for Women and Men
OvaCue
OvaGraph
IsoFresh
5 Tips Newsletter