Went to doc today to confirm... anyone ever have this happen

Share your TTC success stories here!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Went to doc today to confirm... anyone ever have this happen

Postby Leannamoonbody » Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:46 pm

Went to the doc today to confirm. Last AF was June 17th, and she was due on the 13th so today I am 4 days late. New something was up when I started getting nose bleeds and headaches every night. So I grabbed a internet cheapie (pink handle) test from my sis in law with 1 hour hold in the middle of the day and it came up positive on the 13th the day af was due. Ok so I go to College student health center to confirm. Do the pee test and wait. They come back saying there is a line their but its lighter than they would like. Ok... now what? They said there tests in the lab usually detect for a higher amount of HCG, usually at least after a week at the minimum that af is late. They tell me to come back next monday to take another. *Sigh* so I am so worried that something may be going wrong and don't know what to think about it. DH drives me home and on my phone is a missed call from the health center. I call back and she tells me to make sure I am taking pre-natals and all. I asked if i should be worrying and she tells me that " No, actually its a good thing, cause your only 4 weeks today. For a light line to even show means its gonna be strong. Most women don't know until they are 8 weeks."

Ok that made me feel a lot better. Has anyone ever had this issue?
Leannamoonbody
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby AZgal » Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:51 pm

Kinda strange what they told you - a line is a line! And if you're early it makes sense it would be light, especially on a less-sensitive test, which it sounds like they're using. I think they're behind the times on the 8-week thing, because with the sensitive tests today, you can definitely find out at 4 weeks!

I got a BFP just after my missed period, and confirmed with doc yesterday, and she put me at 4 weeks.

So, I wouldn't worry! I'm sure you've got your positive.
TTC #1 9 cycles
BFP at 14dpo on 7/22/12! Due 3/30/13
Married 5 years
Me: 30 DH: 31
AZgal
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby girliegirl7 » Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:05 pm

All tests are different - the lines on some are darker than others and vice versa. I tested and got all positives, even on the digital 2 days before AF was due. When I checked 5 days later waiting for my doctor's appt, I took a cheap test and it was light so I got worried. Next day, doctor confirmed through transvaginal ultrasound and tests. The nurse told me my line was light and the doctor said it was super dark. The nurse just checked sooner than the doctor. Take the prenatals and be excited! Like AZgal said, a line is a line! Go home and take a digital if you need to relax a little or get some clarity! Good luck and congrats!!
girliegirl7
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby tiffany1987 » Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:49 pm

so u have tobe 4 weeks to get an answer
tiffany1987
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Return to TTC Success Stories