Anyone else scared after getting BFP?

Share your TTC success stories here!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Anyone else scared after getting BFP?

Postby girliegirl7 » Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:09 pm

I recently got my BFP - am at 6 weeks. Terrified every time I go online. Every minute I am reading about miscarriages, blighted ovums, and things I don't understand. I am trying to be positive and stay calm, but am so scared this won't stick. I don't have any reason to think this, but with all the things I read and the minor random cramps, I get all nervous. Anyone else going through this and just hoping the next few weeks go by swiftly and smoothly? I want to be happy but I am scared shitless of what might go wrong (which I know I have no control of!).
girliegirl7
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby BMouse82 » Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:19 pm

I know what you mean. I am not pregnant yet, still TTC, but I understand your fear. Try to relax and enjoy this. It is a happy time!
BMouse82
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby SaraElise » Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:43 pm

I totally understand! At my first appointment I asked my OB about all kinds of stuff I read online and he got so mad. Lol. He's always checking to make sure I'm not googling anything.
My Ovulation Chart

Me (Sara): 28 Normal, Unexplained Infertility, 50mg of Clomid to see if it will help!

DH (Bryan): 31 Diagnosed with varicocele and low testosterone. Normal count with low motility. Using Clomid to try and increase numbers. All tests normal as of Jan 2014!

June 2014: 50mg Clomid= BFN
July 2014: 50mg Clomid= BFN
August 2014: 100mg Clomid= BFN
September 2014: 100mg Clomid=BFN
October 2014: 100mg Clomid=BFN

Acupunture started October 2014

TTC #2 since May 2013

SaraElise
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby isenka » Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:17 am

Last time I was terrified of everything, and I did end up miscarrying. This time I am trying to do my best at staying positive.
isenka
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby plaiska » Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:43 am

Actually there is no evidence that stress can cause miscarriage, though it can prevent conception... Most of us get stressed about being stressed..:) I know the irresistible urge to lookup on the net to find an explanation for every little symptom you may be having..

But girliegirl7 , just look at it this way - if you have to miscarry , you will its usually chromosome defect if you're alright otherwise which you can't really control.. so just relax and leave it upto God :) I know you're going to be fine.
Me:32
DH:32
TTC#1 since Nov 2011
m/c#1 Jan 2012 @ 5weeks
DH with MF , very poor forms , high sperm DNA fragmentation , on meds.
Me with low AMH (1.42), otherwise fine
m/c #2 Dec 2012 @5 weeks

IVF #1 - Feb 2013, 4 mature eggs , very poor quality , 2 fertilized , 1 made it to 3-day. Transferred it nonetheless.
Beta - 9 @ 13dp3dt (03/18/2013). Stopped all meds. AF month late , turned out to be chronic tubal ectopic . Left tube removed.
IVF #2 - Jan 2014 - 12 eggs retrieved, 6 barely fertilized , none made it to day 3 . Vacuoles found in eggs , some rare genetic issue. Trying to move on now...
m/c #3 June 2014
plaiska
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby jacqui_83 » Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:43 pm

I was the opposite to you last month. I didn't know any of the horror stories and I miscarried at 5 weeks 6 days. I think we just have to think, what wil be will be. I've read that with every passing day your risk goes down, I hope all goes well. x
jacqui_83
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Tifsbabycrazy » Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:32 am

I understand the fear I've suffered 2 MC so that alone is stopping me from sharing the good news just yet... it makes me so nervous bcuz everytime I turn around on the boards another person MC it's scary but we just have to pray and relax stressing isnt good for us
Tifsbabycrazy
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Re: Anyone else scared after getting BFP?

Postby cochavim » Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:00 pm

I'm so glad you posted this! I got my BFP yesterday and last month had a chemical and am freaking out CONSTANTLY. Is anyone else continuing to pee on sticks to see progression? My $ tree tests are still really light, but I got a "pregnant" on the digi this morning. I've been feeling like a truck hit me today, but my boobs aren't terribly sore and I'm having hot flashes. I'm still not convinced this one is going to end in a chemical again. I just feel like i'm driving myself crazy, but I can't stop. I'm reading about all of these things and realistically know that there's nothing I can do about it, but I just can't stop worrying.
cochavim
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Parky » Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:56 am

I am now 13 DPO and got a BFP yesterday, after freaking because I had, what I hope to be, a little implantation bleed. This morning the first thing I did was pee on a stick, I am now feeling like 'thank god the tww is up' but now 'how long till I feel like its going to be ok wait' has started!

I have had one early m/c but I am keeping my fingers crossed for this one.

Does anyone else keep thinking, 'oh do I feel sick?' Can I get morning sickness at 13 DPO?!!

This is what keeps me sane though ....

Parky
Friend

Postby pinkrock » Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:39 pm

I logged on here to look for support about this exact thing. Wednesday of this week I got a BFP the evening of 9DPO. Of course I tested again the following morning... and night... and this morning too. Have used about six HPT so far, three different brands. All are in agreement and it looks as though the pink lines are getting darker.

But I had a chemical pregnancy in March & everything worries me now. I want to celebrate but it seems too early. On the other hand, if it does end soon, I don't want to have missed the fun of being pregnant even if it's just a few days.
pinkrock

Postby darlingdixie51 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:05 pm

I sympathize completely. I found out we were pregnant again just after thanksgiving and it scared both of us to death. I have been diagnosed with a balanced chromosome translocation at 2 and 19. This means only half the time my eggs with result in pregnancy and only half of those will carry to term normally.

To even get to the point of bfp again after 2 other miscarriages is a miracle in itself. My RE (who I really like) said the best bet of me getting pregnant was IVF with genetic testing. It had been a year between my first natural pregnancy that ended at 7 weeks and a pregnancy from IUI that ended at 5 weeks.

I have only had one beta so far and having to wait til Monday for my next. My obgyn didn't seem concerned with anything except wanting my progesterone higher. He wants at least 15 and I was 12.2 so on supplements I go.

I really want my take home baby but doubt I'll breathe a sigh of relief til I see the second trimester.
darlingdixie51
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Return to TTC Success Stories