Question about urine tests for all you BFP'ers!

Share your TTC success stories here!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Question about urine tests for all you BFP'ers!

Postby hazelbazel » Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:31 pm

First of all, congrats to all of you!!!!

I'm posting here because I'm hoping some of you who have already gotten BFP's have some experience with what I've been going through the last few days. I have a long thread going on the Peestick board, with pics and titled "so frustrated", if you're interested in seeing actual pics. But I just generally wanted to ask if any of you ended up with BFP's after having urine tests that were at first negative with maybe a shadow of something but then turned positive hours later? By positive, I mean thick, colored lines, not evap looking lines. This has happened to me on multiple brands now for the last few days and I just don't know what to make of it. Of note is that it only happens on the blue dye ones, not the pink dye ones.... those are always negative and stay that way.

Thoughts, opinions, support all welcome! I'm going crazy with this! Oh, and I have a doctor's appt tomorrow to get blood work done, etc, so I'll keep you all posted on what I find out.

PS- don't know how many DPO I am as my cycle has been screwy since IUD removal on Aug 13.
DS born 4/1/08 after 5 IUI's and vericocele repair
DD born 1/29/10 natural conception
IUD for 2.5 years, removed 8/13/12
Cycle 1- 8 weeks long
Cycle 2- induced by provera and lasted 3 weeks
Cycle 3- clomid cycle.... BFP 11/12/12!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Found out TWINS! Born 7/8/13
hazelbazel
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Re: Question about urine tests for all you BFP'ers!

Postby Anthony'sMommy » Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:07 am

I have not got my bfp yet but have had that exact same thing happen to me and was not preggers. I have read stories of it happening to others too. Therefore, I stick with pink dye tests.
Anthony'sMommy

Return to TTC Success Stories