Got a BFP...what I've learned

Share your TTC success stories here!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Got a BFP...what I've learned

Postby LabLover13 » Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:04 pm

I know I stalked the heck out of these posts when I was TTC, so I thought I would share the knowledge :). We got our BFP on Sunday. We are so thrilled/excited/anxious, it's unbelievable.

It was our 4th cycle. I know we're so blessed for it to happen so quickly. Our first 3 cycles, I will admit I was obsessing--I'd been charting for months prior to get the hang of it, and foraging through my CF to try to see if it was hanky-panky time. On the 3rd cycle, I tried OPKs, which made it even MORE stressful for me (the first couple of times I used them, I didn't get ANY line, so of course I panicked. Am I a freak? Am I not ovulating??? Etc etc).

Anyway, the 4th cycle I sad ENOUGH WITH THE CRAZY. I decided we were just going to go with the flow. Everyone always says "The minute you stop trying, you'll get pregnant". Such a cliche, right?? Well....it couldn't hurt. So I put the thermometer and OPKs away in a drawer. I figured I'd give myself a month off from obsessing, do the dance with the hubby when I felt like it instead of when I thought we HAD to...you get the point. The only sign I paid attention to was my CF. And this cycle, it seemed to be more abundant.

So, we DTD when we felt like it. I have no idea when I ovulated. Last Tuesday, I had this weird headache/fever. It got bad enough that I went to urgent care. The doctor was stumped...I wasn't testing positive for the flu, or anything else testable, so he thought it must just be a virus. Three days later (Friday) DH and I were headed out of town. I took a PG test in the morning: BFN. Oh well, next cycle. We went away for the weekend, and got home Sunday. 10 minutes before we were supposed to leave for his mom's house for dinner, I took another test on a whim. After about 3 minutes, a line appeared. I almost shat myself.

The test I took was a dollar store. I also had the internet cheapies, so I took another test. This one had a line as well, but it was MUCH fainter. Told hubby, we freaked out, went to dinner at his mom's house (sending each other sly smiles the whole way through dinner). I've tested every day since then, and had BFPs on all of them.

The dollar store tests have all had a MUCH darker line than the internet cheapies...which is surprising, because the dollar stores test at 25 units, and the internet cheapies at 10 units (I bought the sensitive ones). On a whim yesterday, I did an OPK...it was also positive. Weird, right?

Anywho...I'm almost sure now that the fever/headache was right at implantation. I had NO implantation bleeding whatsoever. I haven't had any other symptoms other than some mild cramping. No nausea, no ouchie boobies. Every time I go to the bathroom, I live in fear of seeing blood on the TP. My first appointment is a week from Monday, when I'll be 6 weeks. I am so freaking excited!!!
LabLover13

Re: Got a BFP...what I've learned

Postby jwhitlow516 » Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:13 am

So, which day did you get your positive?!

CONGRATULATIONS!
jwhitlow516
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby LabLover13 » Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:00 am

I'm actually not sure what DPO it was, since I wasn't temping or charting. If I had to guess just based on my average luteal phase, I'd say it was about 11 DPO. I was due to start my period Monday or Tuesday (tested one or two days before AF was due).
LabLover13

Postby MrsSmith13 » Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:44 pm

Congrats! You are so blessed! It's been 10 months for DH and I but no luck whatsoever. Just BFN s.
MrsSmith13
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby DeeDee216 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:58 pm

I hope my story has your result : ) got married in Nov. and this is our 3rd cycle trying... we just had our honeymoon and of course "BD'ed alot just for fun... should have been ovulating sometime when we got back and we decided to just enjoy BD'ing every other day. so I dont know when I ovulated for sure just know I did at some point based on CM. I'm coming to the end of my two week wait but not sure exactly how long cycle is 28 the first cycle but then 30 the second... I'm going on day 29 tomorrow and havent tested at all yet! As far as symptoms I haven't felt much of anything at all UP UNTIL MONDAY (Feb 11th) when I wipe I sometimes go just a little up into my cervix just to see and I had a string of a tan color and VERY LITTLE light yellow to tan CM. Just enough to notice but not enough for me to make any assumptions. Almost right after that my LIGHT headache turned into a real HEAVY headache... it was as painful as it was EXHAUSTING. I could barely keep my eyes open when I was feeling like I should get up. It knocked me out... I fell asleep at 8pm till I moved to my bed at 11pm... (headache still there when normally mine go away or feel better with some sleep) then I woke up at 11:30pm, 2:30am, 3:30am, 4:30am, 5:30am while headache not so intense anymore and woke up at 12pm the next day to go to work. Waking up during the night is VERY rare for me. Also, monday before all this I felt my Breasts were only starting to get sore and they have become very sore by the day after. Today, breasts are still sore (which if I get my period will deflate instantly). Some other less objective symptoms is my sense of smell... today I smelled a strong fragrance on a train and food that my husband said he could not smell but we were close to a restaurant and there were times today i should have been rightfully hot. anyways, I do fine not thinking about it all until about 2-3 days prior to period coming. also that spot, headache, and sleep make me feel curious all of sudden. Been a little nauseous in the morning while laying in bed... almost like i just feel winded but might be nerves. lol Anyways, just wanted to let you know your headache gives me some hope. Have only been trying for these 3 months and I already feel a bit of learned helplessness from pregnancy tests... like no matter what I can't envision getting what is suppose to show up for a positive tests... do they really work? am i just testing too early? is this really my period. I'll try everything to keep hope those other months haha. right now. We're waiting till my birthday this saturday to test unless my period comes! :)
Me: 29 DH: 28
TTC since December 2012
BFP 3/16/2014 same cycle after HSG
Due November 23, 2014

"When the world says give up... HOPE whispers, try ONE more time."
"Be truly glad there is wonderful joy ahead.

DeeDee216
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby tryingnottoobsess8 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:47 pm

**I almost shat myself** lol. Thanks for the laugh, LabLover...and a big congrats to you. It's encouraging reading this post...I'm going to try to CHILL OUT this month :)
I'm 35 (Becca), DH 41. Dog son: 5yr old Eng Bulldog :babydustg: to ALL!!!!!

BFP!!! Oct 4th, 2013
tryingnottoobsess8
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby HiddenCam » Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:28 am

Yes, "I almost shat myself", got me, too! Love your success story. Thanks for sharing! And Congrats!!
TTC #2

DS born 9/2011

My Ovulation Chart
HiddenCam
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby Mhoelzer2988 » Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:39 pm

It is so true that giving up is the best thing! My husband and I tried for five months with our second son and the first four months I took opk tests nothing happened. So the fifth month I gave up and BAM! Pregnant!
Mhoelzer2988
Friend

Postby mrsmarsala » Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:02 pm

Deedee, i know this was a pretty old post, but I have to say, I absolutely LOVE your wedding dress!! it is GORGEOUS!
mrsmarsala

Postby DeeDee216 » Sat Aug 03, 2013 6:34 am

Aww thank you! I was showing girls on another thread I'm on bc I was telling them I'm packing it away and getting it preserved! Excited but ill miss it lol
I'm still ttc... I'm on my 9th cycle trying. I talk on the threads called "WE'LL Wait" nice group everyone welcome!
Me: 29 DH: 28
TTC since December 2012
BFP 3/16/2014 same cycle after HSG
Due November 23, 2014

"When the world says give up... HOPE whispers, try ONE more time."
"Be truly glad there is wonderful joy ahead.

DeeDee216
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby bbensaid » Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:22 am

Hi All,

Congrats to all the BFP. Please follow my blog to hear about my story and to follow the whole process till the end (hopefully). I am a scoliosis surgery patient and I also have thalassemia trait.

http://bbensaid.tumblr.com

hope i can help ladies in the same situation.
bbensaid

Postby kice2004 » Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:02 pm

i loved reading your post. im hoping some day i can share my BPF. dh and i have been trying for 1.5 months.
kice2004
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby MichiTTC » Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:26 pm

Loved your story!!! Congrats!!!
Cycle #3
Soy Isoflavones (cd5-9)
Preseed
FertilityBlend
CB advance OPK
MichiTTC