When & How are you announcing the good news?

Share your TTC success stories here!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

When & How are you announcing the good news?

Postby ladymclemore » Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:12 pm

I just got my BFP today and was wondering when I should tell my friends and family?

I know you're supposed to wait about 10-12 weeks, but I'll be honest, I'm pretty sure I can't wait that long to tell at least my parents and close family/friends.

For those of you ladies who have had their BFP, have you told anyone? I guess I am just afraid of miscarriage and having to explain to everyone about the loss.

Also, how did you announce the news? Did you do something fun and unique or just blurt it out? Did you do it in person or over e-mail or the phone?

Thanks ladies!
ladymclemore
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Re: When & How are you announcing the good news?

Postby ladymclemore » Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:33 pm

anyone?
ladymclemore
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby hanslo05 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:57 pm

Hey, we told immediate family at 7 weeks going to wait until our first scan at 12 weeks to tell everyone else!
hanslo05
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Yummi_Mummi84 » Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:29 am

We told our parents straight away :) I actually txt them a picture of the test! (Yeah I'm not shy) the only other people that got told before 12 weeks were my employer ('I have a very physically challenging job). My best friend (she would query why I wasn't drinking) and my nan(she was very ill and died knowing she had 2 great grandsons) . X I know they say wait but I really have a big mouth , I also feel if god forbid anything went wrong atleast dh and I would have the support of others in a very difficult time. X
Yummi_Mummi84
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby peacefrog » Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:01 pm

For first kid, I waited until 12 weeks then told our families with Christmas gifts (i.e. shirts that said "Best Uncle," stuff like that). I was worried about miscarriage so I wanted to wait, even though I was already starting to resemble a housing development.
Me & DH: 38 years old, married 10 years
Bubs #1: 4 years old
Bubs #2: 23 months old
Bubs #3: Maybe someday...
peacefrog

Postby MrsWRT » Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:01 pm

peacefrog wrote:For first kid, I waited until 12 weeks then told our families with Christmas gifts (i.e. shirts that said "Best Uncle," stuff like that). I was worried about miscarriage so I wanted to wait, even though I was already starting to resemble a housing development.

Love this idea! I hope I get a BFP this month so I can do that for our family this Christmas :)
MrsWRT
Friend

Return to TTC Success Stories