9 DPO BFP! Totally Shocked (even TTC) :)

Share your TTC success stories here!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

9 DPO BFP! Totally Shocked (even TTC) :)

Postby amysosilly » Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:55 pm

I am so excited to share my story as I have read (and read) the stories on this site. Its always so uplifting to read everyones experience with finally getting that positive. My DH and I were recently married (10/11/12) and decided that after the wedding we would start trying for our first baby. Let me also add that I have PCOS and prior to being on BC for sooo many years, I had very long and irregular periods. I for sure thought I wouldn't even be able to conceive. DH swears he has super sperm and told me not too worry about it, of course, I worried about it! So, the first month of TTC resulted in BFN, but I was so incredibly happy to see I had ovulated. The second cycle came around and I decided to test on 9dpo since we were having a little holiday game night at our place that night and there would be alcohol there. So, I tested and immediately a second line was there! I couldn't believe my eyes! I wasn't expecting it to happen so soon and didn't have anything planned to tell DH. He was still sleeping so I dug as quietly though the box of Christmas decorations and found a bow. I slapped it on the test and anxiously waited for him to wake up and go to the restroom. Of course he didn't go into the restroom and came to the living room to see why I was up, and he immediately said "You're pregnant, aren't you!?" and I said yep! He was soo happy. :)

Here is my info by DPO:
O'd - CD 21 (BD CD 18 and 20)
1 DPO - tiny bit of cramping, gassy, slight headache
2 DPO- headache
3 DPO - nothing out of the ordinary
4 DPO - constipated
5 DPO - slight cramping and minor skin break out
5 DPO - slight cramping, gassy
6 DPO - crampy, gassy
7 DPO - crampy, gassy and extremely fatigued
8 DPO - cramping, tender breasts, slight nausea and some twinges in lower abdomen. Also experienced some spotting in the AM (I assume implantation)
9 DPO - wake up and test, BFP!!! Also experiencing some minor cramping, tender breasts, and headache. Had some spotting after BD in AM. Tested after 3 hour hold a little later in the AM with a FRER and a nice pink line came up :)
10 DPO - crampy, tender breasts, slight nausea, heartburn, fatigue. Tested again, BFP! Also tested with CB Digi and "Pregnant"!!!
11 DPO - crampy, tender breasts, constipation, fatigue. Tested again, BFP! Called my OB and made my first prenatal appointment for Jan. 14th (8 weeks).
12 DPO - AF due today. Crampy, tender breasts, constipation. Tested again, BFP!
13 DPO - crampy, tender breasts, heartburn, constipation, gassy. Tested again, BFP!
14 DPO - crampy, tender breasts, stuffy nose. Tested again, BFP!
15 DPO - crampy, tender breasts, heartburn, fatigue. Tested again, BFP!
16 DPO - crampy, tender breasts, heartburn, major skin break out. Tested again, BFP!
17 DPO - crampy, tender breasts, major skin break out. Tested again, BFP!

Obviously, I like to POAS! :) Plus, this is just all so surreal, so I wanted to make sure. Plus, I am nerdy and liked seeing the progression :)
Today I am 5w1d and praying all is good and we will have a healthy baby in our arms in August 2013.

Below are my FRER tests.

amysosilly
Friend

Re: 9 DPO BFP! Totally Shocked (even TTC) :)

Postby Brightstar » Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:26 pm

I really enjoyed reading your story so much.congratulations!!!
I am waiting to test,but certain I am pregnant as I got implantation bleed today...yey :)you showed positive quite soon,thats awesome.

:)enjoy :)
Brightstar
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby amysosilly » Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:00 pm

Thanks Brightstar. GL to you!!!
amysosilly
Friend

Postby 5XSurromama » Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:34 pm

Congrats on the new marriage AND the new baby!!!!!!!!!!!!
5XSurromama
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby hanslo05 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:24 pm

Well congratulations lovely looking lines!
TTC #1 Since Oct 2011
MC Oct 2012 at 7weeks 5days
*DD born 18/11/13 *
Waiting for DH to be on board for baby #2
hanslo05
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Return to TTC Success Stories