BFP after 8mo TCC!

Share your TTC success stories here!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

BFP after 8mo TCC!

Postby ooribaby » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:03 am

Hahaha for some reason, my two previous attempts at posting our story did not go through...so here is the third try. In all honesty, this sight has been so halpful for me (the encouragement I recieved from reading everyone else's BFP story) that I feel obligated to post...even if it takes multiple attempts :)

So as of today, I am 3weeks and 5days pregnant. I had a blood test at the hospital yesterday and my hcg was at 130.
I am 28 and my DH is 30 yo. We had been trying for 8 months. At around the 5th month of ttc, I was rushed to the emergency room due to a cyst on my left ovary that ruptured and bled into my peritoneum. This led to further evaluation that found that I had severe endometrioma and endometriosis. There was a higher level of concern for infertility as the bleeding could have cuased scarring. With these findings, at 7months of ttc, we were referred to an REI. DH had a semen analysis done and the plan was for me to get an HSG at the 8th cycle, and hyperstim my ovaries to ovulate and follow through with IUI.
I was eagerly waiting for my period to start so we could get the ball rolling.
To my surprise, I got a BFP before we even got there :)

I thought we were completely out this cycle because I did not have the usual ovulation symptoms that I would get previous months. Also, DH and I had only BD'd once during what would have been our fertile window. of note, we did use preseed externally at that time.
During the whole two week window, I wasn't really monitoring symptoms because I thought we were out to begin with. However, in hindsight, there were definately clear things that now make sense.
1-6dpo: nothing
7dpo: I had a bad gum infection that I actually mistook for an ear infection. Went to the doctor who checked out my ears and they were find, realized it was referred pain from my gums
8dpo: continued gum pain
9dpo: nothing (gum pain resolved with salt water rinses that were prescribed to me)
10dpo: had metallic taste in mouth, I remembered this because I had asked my husband for gum in the morning to get rid of the taste. Later that morning, had slight bloody nose (which I had attributed to the weather). later that day, had this weird pulling sensation in my lower abdomen (almost supra pubic area). thought AF might be coming, but this made me start wondering because it was definately different from AF cramping. That night I had a very vivid dream that I had a postive HPT and I was out buying baby things so...
11dpo: woke up very groggily and in a still half asleep state to[img][img][/img][/img]ok a pregnancy test. I set it down and went to grab my toothbrush and a minute later glanced at it and was shocked to see two lines appearing.

My husband asked me what was wrong when i came out of the bathroom (he said i looked like i had seen a ghost) and I mumbled that Ithink I may be pregnant...i was definately in a state of shock. We were both so elated that we couldn't stop smiling during church.

Later that evening, we took another test and again, very quickly two lines appeared and were darker.

Since then, my breasts (which have not been tender) are getting visibly larger. No nipple tenderness. No implantation bleeding or spotting. No nausea. (all of which were symptoms I had previously).
ooribaby
Friend

Re: BFP after 8mo TCC!

Postby ooribaby » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:06 am

OF note: so I just learned there is something called pregnancy gingivitis. I had to return to the dentist for more gum pain. I will have to continue salt water rinses and be super diligent about flossing. They said the hormones cause gums to be more susceptible to infection/inflammation. THAT was new to me...
ooribaby
Friend

Postby myiah » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:31 am

Congratulations!
:sticky:
Me 41
DH 42
DS 7
DS 5
Mastiff
Boxer

MC April 2011 :(
TTC since
myiah
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby true_taurus » Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:51 pm

Thank you so much for sharing your story! It was very uplifting and I wish you a happy, healthy 9 months :)
Earth below me,
Sky above me,
Fire within me.

Me: 33, DH: 33, DS: 9
TTC#2 since Aug 2011. BFP June 2013
Baby Mason born Feb 2014
Furbaby, Taco
true_taurus
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby ooribaby » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:19 pm

Thank you so much myiah and tru_taurus! sprinkle baby dust both your ways!
ooribaby
Friend

Postby MillieVee » Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:17 pm

Wonderful story!! Congrats and :sticky:
Me 27 DH 31
DS1- 4 DS2 - 2
TTC #3 (while breastfeeding) since Dec 2012
Chemical in Jan 2013
BFP on 31/03/13 @ 9dpo!!

MillieVee
TTC Princess