First time IUI success!

Share your TTC success stories here!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

First time IUI success!

Postby Keepfaith » Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:37 pm

Hello all

I just wanted to post to give heart to those on the TTC journey. By God's grace, I have just had the 12 week scan today and the baby is doing great! :D

I was TTC for five years issues included possible PCOS with me, and low sperm motility for DH. We were refused on the NHS due to my BMI, and one horrible consultant at Solihull hospital told me I had 5% chance of conception even with IVF due to low ovarian reserves!

Finally we took the plunge, going to St.Judes Women's hospital in Wolverhampton. We went ready for IVF, although terrified of the invasiveness of the procedure and the chances of failure.

Mr Jude Adgehe, soon put our minds at rest. He told us he was certain I would be a mother and since I was now ovulating well, he was sure we had a decent chance of success with IUI so we should try that before going down the IVF route. We agreed, and clomid (5 days) and one trigger injection followed. I.e. a very light protocol with just bloating for a side effect.

I had two mature follicles, and husband's sample was washed with motility of 85% and around 12 million good swimmers. We went away feeling great and soon two and half weeks later, I had experienced severe bloating, a bit nausea and breast tenderness. This continued well after the hct trigger would have worn off. I started to feel optimistic but terrified of POASing in case of disappointment.

Then the big day arrived, I self-tested a few days before the clinic appointment about 18 days post ovulation. The dark blue line on clear blue said it all, it was unmistakeable and me, DH and family were thrilled and so, so, so grateful to God and also to the excellent team at St.Judes who he chose as his instruments.

I have passed the first milestone today, although keep me in your prayers as there are still six months to go. I cannot stress the importance of keeping faith and believing, even when it feels like everybody around is getting BFP's but you won't. YOU WILL!

Ladies, I would strongly suggest going to Jude and Kay at St.Judes in Wolverhampton. They are miracle workers, and will provide you a world class service, great personal warmth and friendship and excellent medical treatment. They are simply the best, and I really mean that.
Keepfaith

Re: First time IUI success!

Postby hopeful29 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:29 pm

Congrats! Thank you for posting your success story - I needed to read it!
me: 29 DH: 31
TTC#1 since Jan 2012 - "unexplained infertility"
BFP March 25, 2013 - estimated due date December 3, 2013!!!
hopeful29
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby skye skye » Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:48 am

I just wanted to ask about the IUI procedure itself. How was it pain wise? Did it hurt or anything or was it just uncomfortable? Congrats on your BFP and good scan of baby!! :D
Me: 29
DH: 37
Married 12-13-14
TTC #1 since January 2013

:bfp: July 9, 2014 - natural m/c July 19, 2014 @ 5w6d
:bfp: January 18, 2015 - missed mc, D&C 3/9/15
:bfp: July 8, 2015
skye skye
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Mandy429 » Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:31 am

I had 3 IUI's and they were all different as far as pain goes. The first one hurt the most by far and seem to last the longest like the doctor couldn't get it up there or something. There was some pain and cramping but it went away when the procedure was over. It only lasted 2 or 3 minutes I think. My 2nd IUI was better. I had more pain with the speculum, and some cramping, but it went away quickly. The 3rd one was a breeze. No pain at all and only a slight bit of cramping. A lot of people say they have cramping for days after, but I never did.
Me 39; DH 41; TTC #1 since June 2011
Sept 2012: Diagnosed w/ POF/DOR FSH 20, AMH .1
Jan 2013: CD 3 FSH 5.8, AMH .34
Feb & April 2013: medicated IUI's failed
IUI #3 6/24/13; 3 follies; BFP 7/5/13! 14 DPO Beta 406 /16 DPO Beta 968
MC 12w3d 9/5/13
IUI #4 11/15/13; 4 follies; BFN
2/16/14: Start IVF Microdose Flare; converted to IUI #5 due to 1 dominant follicle; BFN
4/12/14: Start IVF Antagonist Protocol with Estrogen Priming; converted to IUI #6 due to dominant follie; BFN
June 2014: IVF Antagonist with Estrogen Priming, ER 2 eggs retrieved, both fertilized with ICSI;
3 day ET 2 grade A embies; BFN
3/15: IVF embryo banking with Dr Sher 1 snow baby so far
5/15: Second banking cycle with Dr Sher
Mandy429
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby sraeb » Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:56 pm

thank you i needed to read this! i just had my first iui yesterday. in the dreaded 2 week wait!

skye skye - i didn't feel any pain really. especially compared to the hsg. that one had me crying on the table!
sraeb
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby Happysaturday » Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:28 pm

This is a great story!! I too had my first iui in canada and it was a success! I have pcos which made it difficult to conceive and keep a pregnancy. I just felt the iui would work. I am at 5 weeks now and so far so good :). Keep your head up ladies, it really can work!!!! Baby dust to all :)
Happysaturday

Postby skye skye » Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:12 am

Thanks for the responses ladies! I really hope we don't have to go the IUI route...but it's nice to hear that it's not horribly painful. Good luck to you all :D
Me: 29
DH: 37
Married 12-13-14
TTC #1 since January 2013

:bfp: July 9, 2014 - natural m/c July 19, 2014 @ 5w6d
:bfp: January 18, 2015 - missed mc, D&C 3/9/15
:bfp: July 8, 2015
skye skye
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Keepfaith » Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:08 am

Keepfaith wrote:Hello all

I just wanted to post to give heart to those on the TTC journey. By God's grace, I have just had the 12 week scan today and the baby is doing great! :D

I was TTC for five years issues included possible PCOS with me, and low sperm motility for DH. We were refused on the NHS due to my BMI, and one horrible consultant at Solihull hospital told me I had 5% chance of conception even with IVF due to low ovarian reserves!

Finally we took the plunge, going to St.Judes Women's hospital in Wolverhampton. We went ready for IVF, although terrified of the invasiveness of the procedure and the chances of failure.

Mr Jude Adgehe, soon put our minds at rest. He told us he was certain I would be a mother and since I was now ovulating well, he was sure we had a decent chance of success with IUI so we should try that before going down the IVF route. We agreed, and clomid (5 days) and one trigger injection followed. I.e. a very light protocol with just bloating for a side effect.

I had two mature follicles, and husband's sample was washed with motility of 85% and around 12 million good swimmers. We went away feeling great and soon two and half weeks later, I had experienced severe bloating, a bit nausea and breast tenderness. This continued well after the hct trigger would have worn off. I started to feel optimistic but terrified of POASing in case of disappointment.

Then the big day arrived, I self-tested a few days before the clinic appointment about 18 days post ovulation. The dark blue line on clear blue said it all, it was unmistakeable and me, DH and family were thrilled and so, so, so grateful to God and also to the excellent team at St.Judes who he chose as his instruments.

I have passed the first milestone today, although keep me in your prayers as there are still six months to go. I cannot stress the importance of keeping faith and believing, even when it feels like everybody around is getting BFP's but you won't. YOU WILL!

Ladies, I would strongly suggest going to Jude and Kay at St.Judes in Wolverhampton. They are miracle workers, and will provide you a world class service, great personal warmth and friendship and excellent medical treatment. They are simply the best, and I really mean that.

By the grace of God, I gave birth on Saturday to my little princess. Please ladies never despair, because God IS there!!!!!!
Keepfaith

Postby Keepfaith » Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:36 am

love7721 wrote::congrats: :congrats: :ptl: :cong:

Thank you so much, many prayers and wishes for your success on the TTC journey.
Keepfaith

Return to TTC Success Stories