BFP with very irregular cycles

Share your TTC success stories here!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

BFP with very irregular cycles

Postby Iris_17 » Fri May 10, 2013 5:37 am

As the subject goes, I have very irregular cycles since the day I started menstruation. My cycles vary from 2 weeks to 4 months and I never have more than 8 times a year.

When I decided to ttc in Jan 2013, I was well prepared that this would be a difficult journey for me. I used all the tools I could and did everything I could within my limit to conceive.

1) I used ClearBlue OPK ( I can't use digital monitor as my cycle length is more than 59 days), I used saliva microscope, I used bbt charting.

What I found out:

OPK - I have multiple LH surges in one cycle. But I didn't give up using it because one of the surges would be leading to my ovulation
Ferning - it took a while to know what ferning pattern would be your ovulation pattern but it worked for me.
bbt charting - I had to try 4 cycles - around 4 months (luckily) and found out I had 2 anovulatory cycles ( each cycle length was like 10 to 14 days) and 2 proper cycles where in one cycle I conceived.

I used OPK, ferning, CM and temp to pinpoint the ovulation as OPK alone didn't work for me.

2) I took prenatal vitamins religiously since the day I started trying. I took vitabolics. I tried grapefruits and pine apples but they didn't work for me. I didn't try any herbal medicines nor evening primerose ( as Evening Primerose is said to be NOT taken after ovulation and I have very irregular cycles and couldn't sure of my ovulation).

3) Diet - I tried to have healthier diet, though i have always been quite cautious about what I eat and my diet. I didn't cut caffine but I reduced the intake. I don't smoke or drink at all to begin with.

4) Symptoms - i didn't have any unusual symptoms during the tww. In fact, I didn't have anything except my usual sore nipples. no unusual cm, no implantation bleeding or anything. I had triphasic chart though.

5) Exercise - I jogged and walked.

I was taking a break from trying and I let things happen except that I didn't stop using bbt, ferning and opks. I didn't bd even when i saw the smileys. we just did when we wanted to. It so happened that we bded two days before the ovulation day and I conceived from that bding. I didn't bd on the ovluation day or the day after.

I tested when period due and it was positive. that was 15DPO

So in conclusion, I believe that the prenatal vitamins helped and the old saying " it will happen when you stop trying" came true, it's the stress level i guess.

Just don't give up and don't stop trying but relax. Go with the flow but with a watch on your cycle..

Good Luck Ladies.....
Iris_17

Re: BFP with very irregular cycles

Postby christiilynn » Fri May 10, 2013 7:57 am

Congrats!! :D :sticky: :fertilization: :bfp:
Christina~36
John ~36
Married Since 9/18/11

TTC #1 since 3/13
My Ovulation Chart

christiilynn
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Re: BFP with very irregular cycles

Postby sm859 » Tue May 14, 2013 4:56 pm

Congratulations!!!
Me(Isabelle)-28
BF-28
**Diagnosed with pcos and slightly elevated testosterone 3/2014 :(
Currently on 2000mg of metformin a day**
TTC OUR FIRST MIRACLE SINCE 2010 <3
28-34 day cycles, ovulation between cd15-cd20. Just bding ;) and preseed!

FINALLY BFP!!!!! GLORY BE TO GOD!!! 09/02/2014 (CD39)
sm859
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to TTC Success Stories