BFP after early AF and EOD Method :)

Share your TTC success stories here!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

BFP after early AF and EOD Method :)

Postby Spider01 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:06 am

Wow, cant believe i`m actually posting here already :)

Myself and my partner have one daughter together and since she turned three in May this year we decided now would be a good time for another one :)
So last year November (27 November 2012) i was due to get another 3mth Depo Shot which i didnt go for.
AF returned in all her glory on the 3rd February 2013.
We were just winging it for the first few months and then in May AF decided to pitch a full 5 days early :(
Any way, as soon as she left i decided to try The Every Other Day Approach (really takes its toll) for BD`ing as i dont chart/temp or use OPK`s because those things are expensive in South Africa and we werent in any real rush.
We were doing great until about the 6th/7th when we had separate functions and a guest sleeping over, so we missed about a week around that time.
So my cousins bacherlorette was on the 8th June and i tested just in case (BFN). Then her wedding was the 15th of June and I was fully planning to test that morning but something got in my head and i felt like i would be wasting a test so i didnt do it.
Then Sunday the 16th was Fathers day and i thought it would be really nice to surprise SO with a positive test but once again i had the "wasting a test" feeling and left it.
Monday the 17th of June however i couldnt hold back anymore and POAS! Faint BFP!!! I couldnt believe my eyes so i called SO in and told him to look and he says he can see it too :)
Tested again the afternoon, still faint BFP. Went to the doc Tuesday 18th and had blood drawn. Got the results on Wednesday the 20th, 100% Pregnant but my hCG was only at 112, so the doc thinks i O`d late.
Any way, kept testing to see if there was progression and on the Friday the line was almost three times darker! Yay!
Then Sunday the 23rd i took a Clearblue Digital just for fun and lo and behold, Pregnant 2-3!
Well thats my BFP story so far :) Its still early days and my next app with the doc will only be end July. Will keep posting updates if anyone is interested :)
Me - 28, SO - 29, DD - 3
Trying For - #2, Trying Since - February 2013, Went off 3mth Depo Shot - November 2012
BFP - 17 June 2013
And theres Eeyore the rabbit, not sure of his age though...possibly around a year old now :)
Spider01
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Re: BFP after early AF and EOD Method :)

Postby Thully_1980 » Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:38 am

First of all CONGRATULATIONS on your :bfp:

:happyforyou:

secondly, am sooooo thrilled to find another South African like me!!!!
Me - Thully - 34 - Diagnosed with PCOS(because of hormonal imbalance) by gynae in Jan 2014
Dh - Jimmy - 54 - has 4 children from previous marriage (Incl twins)
TTC #1 together, for 16 cycles

My Ovulation Chart
|| [url=http;//www.fertilityfriend.com]Ovulation Calendar[/url]
Thully_1980
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Spider01 » Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:23 am

Hehe, yeah its nice to find locals :) Where are u? I'm in Cape Town.
Me - 28, SO - 29, DD - 3
Trying For - #2, Trying Since - February 2013, Went off 3mth Depo Shot - November 2012
BFP - 17 June 2013
And theres Eeyore the rabbit, not sure of his age though...possibly around a year old now :)
Spider01
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Thully_1980 » Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:18 am

I'm from Durban...yes, trully lovely to meet locals!!!!! :D
Me - Thully - 34 - Diagnosed with PCOS(because of hormonal imbalance) by gynae in Jan 2014
Dh - Jimmy - 54 - has 4 children from previous marriage (Incl twins)
TTC #1 together, for 16 cycles

My Ovulation Chart
|| [url=http;//www.fertilityfriend.com]Ovulation Calendar[/url]
Thully_1980
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to TTC Success Stories