Finally a bfp!!!

Share your TTC success stories here!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Finally a bfp!!!

Postby Happysaturday » Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:26 am

I am so happy to be able to post a positive story!
My husband and i have been ttc for three years. Had a miscarriage in the Fall of 2012 and started back with the fertility clinic in april. Did our first iui in june and i knew from the next day that it was going to work! Sometimes you just feel things going on in your body and you know it will work!

I started to feel extremely bloated and gassy from days 1-4. The bloat continued. I had some constipation ugh. My nipples were insanely sore, like cant pour water from the shower on them sore. Days 9-13 my boobs have felt sore and heavy. I have had nausea days 5-13 and a metallic taste in my mouth.

My doctor told me to test july 11th, which would be 18dpo. I couldn't wait and on a whim, took the test today, 13dpo. It is positive!!!

I only took clomid, no trigger, so the only way it is positive is because there is indeed a little one hoping to grow!!!

So excited. Don't give up hope because i am very positive and hopeful that my blood tests will show a double hcg and we will be on our way!
Happysaturday

Re: Finally a bfp!!!

Postby Expectantdaze » Sun Jul 07, 2013 1:37 am

Congratulations on you BFP sweetheart, what a fantastic endong and a lovely story!!! :D x
Jayne, UK.
ttc since Aug 2012.
June 2013 Diagnosed with a bicornuate uterus
November 2013 Laparoscopy, Hysteroscopy & HSG
(Treated for sever endimetriosis and clear open tubes)
Dec 2013 round #1 Clomid 50mg 5-9 (monitored) BFN
Jan 2014 round #2 Clomid 50mg 2-6 (un-monitored) BFN
Feb 2014 round #3 Clomid 50mg 2-6 (un-monitored) BFN
March 2014 unmediated round. Appointment with fertility DR 28/3/14 to discuss IVF
Turned down for funded IVF
Referred to Leeds for second opinion
First appointment at Leeds 15 July
Start diagnostic process again
Base line scan due 27 August

Positive test 25 August 2014 at 5 wks
It's a BOY!!
Due date 25 April 2015
Expectantdaze
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby Happysaturday » Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:48 am

Thank you! We are so excited and hopeful for what the future brings. First time with iui so we are thrilled it worked:)
Happysaturday

Postby kernowlass » Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:35 am

Thank you so much for sharing, we have just had (yesterday morning) our home/diy iui using donor sperm from a trusted fully tested fully life long friend (I have no fertility issues, but DH does) and after a failed vasectomy reversal and a failed ICSI using DH's sperm taking during a biopsy we chose this route, hence I have been using the clear blue digital etc and your success story really gives me hope, thank you.
Me: Gina 37 - Sadly no Children yet - No Known Fertility Issues as of last clinic appointments a few years back - 28 day cycle
DH: 56 - 2 grown up children from previous marriage - Vasectomy reversal not successful
ICSI - Using half my eggs with DH sperm (taken during biopsy) & the other half of my eggs used with donor sperm - Not successful
Issues following ICSI meant forced TTC break
July 2013 - TTC using donor sperm from a trusted fully tested friend – Insemination Early morning 13th July 2013 (Using no medications apart from Pregnacare Conception Supplements & Conceive Plus) – First Month of tracking temperature
kernowlass
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Return to TTC Success Stories