SUPRISE! After over 5 years!

Share your TTC success stories here!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

SUPRISE! After over 5 years!

Postby HFesing » Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:55 pm

It took DH and I 2 years to get pg with our daughter. (She is 7) We began trying a little before she turned 2. We went through several rounds of fertility medicines, I've had polyps removed and an HSG done. Every month we ended up with complete disappointment! After 5 years and really thinking about things, we decided we were perfectly content with being a family of 3! I sold all of our big item baby things before and during a rummage sale on Father's Day weekend! Well.....I had forgotten to take my birth control because of the chaos of our sale. By the time I remembered, it was too late to start the pills. We knew we needed to use protection, and had 1 slip up one Saturday night. We figured....what are the odds that we'd actually end up pregnant. IF it didn't happen after 5 years with all the help we could get, why would it happen this 1 time!! Well....from that day on, I had this strange gut feeling. But, I had always "thought" I had symptoms before! I'd sworn I was going to get a BFP many times, only to be left with complete disappointment! It never failed, I'd finally break down and buy a test PRAYING to see those 2 beautiful lines! I'd squint, change the lighting, do anything I could to grasp that there may be a hit of line in any of those tests! It was always nothing!! (except a few horrible evap lines) So, after having some strange pains going on when I'd roll in bed, and sometimes when I'd stand up from my desk at work, I started to wonder. I googled round ligament pain, and it described my symptoms to a tee! The next day I talked to a girl I worked with (she's currently 13 weeks pg with her 3rd) and told her what was going on. I tried to push myself to believe it was maybe me being dehydrated. She looked at me like I was insane, told me that was her very first symptom and told me I better test. She said the odds of that pain being from anything else would be rare. So...on my lunch break, I ran and grabbed some tests from Walgreens. Came home, and took the test. This time only hoping we would only see that 1 line, but.....IMMEDIATELY, we FINALLY seen those 2 beautiful blue lines!! It was such a huge surge of emotion! We had decided we didn't want anymore children, we sold everything, we had plans for the upcoming years! Now, the shock has worn off, and we are excited as can be! We told our daughter that she is FINALLY going to be a big sister! Seeing the biggest smile I have ever seen on her face made it soooo much sweeter! So, even though, it's not in the timeline we planned, we are so very grateful that the time has finally come!!!! Just amazed that after the 5 years with drugs, surgeries, and tests, that we conceived the 1 time we had our "slip up"! We are soooo very blessed! Our dream of being a family of 4 is finally here and we couldn't be happier!!!
Concieved DD after 2 years of trying and 4 rounds of clomid! Bentley Jennifer 3/30/06 (6 weeks early)

Unexpected BFP after 5 years of TTC and giving up! EDD March 18, 2014!!

ImageMake a pregnancy ticker
HFesing
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Re: SUPRISE! After over 5 years!

Postby Happyfroggy » Sun Jul 14, 2013 12:16 pm

Thanks for sharing your beautiful story!
BFP on Friday Feb 3rd 2017 but ended in miscarriage at 7 1/2 weeks :(

Didn't chart this time, last time was TTC for over a year, BFP chart from daughter :D :
My Ovulation Chart
Happyfroggy
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby alexandra1234 » Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:11 pm

God sure has a sense of humor.

Enjoy your beautiful pregnancy!!! :)
Me, dh: 33
IUD out: 01/'13.
Dec '13: HSG: R tube clear, L blocked-ish, hydrosalpinx
Jan-Oct '14: TTC break
Nov '14: TTC back on!
Dec '14: Clomid #1! BFN :(
Feb '15: Clomid #2. BFN
March '15: 1st RE appt: IVF with ICSI is our only option.
3/23 saline sono: WTF is that polyp doing in my ute?! 3/26: Hysteroscopic polypectomy
4/28: Embryo retrieval! 15 eggs retrieved, 10 fertilized, 9 frozen.
5/3: 5-day transfer. BFN. :(
6/9: 5-day frozen transfer. OMG BFP!!!

My Ovulation Chart

alexandra1234
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby lovebabytime » Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:06 pm

Congrats! I have thought about going on BC myself, to help me move past TTCing. But I do have one question, I noticed on your chart you had a positive ovulation test in June and also had your days marked for BDing. Did you miss the pill, then decide to take the ovulation test? By looking at the chart it appears to be planned. Just curious. That accidents can happen. lol.
Me: 34 DH: 36
Together since 1997, Married in July 2003
DD born 10/23/07
TTC#2 since July 2010
My Ovulation Chart
lovebabytime
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby nevergivingup » Sun Aug 11, 2013 6:18 pm

Congrats!!

Me (26) DH (31) :love:
M/C 02/27/2012 @ 12 wks :angel2:
M/C 05/04/12 @ 5wks :angel2:
M/C 08/10/12 @ 7wks :angel2:

Finally God has given us a baby; Baby Tyler born 02/26/2013. Mommy n Daddy never been more in love Thanking only God
nevergivingup
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby wishful4 » Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:36 am

Amazing story, congratulations!
wishful4
Friend

Return to TTC Success Stories