My BFP story!!!

Share your TTC success stories here!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

My BFP story!!!

Postby tjmurray1012 » Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:22 pm

My husband and I were trying for 6 months, which doesn't seem like a long time, but we never had an issue conceiving our other 2 children. I had given up hope this cycle and my doctor was going to start the blood testing etc. to see if anything was out of the norm. This cycle my husband and I DTD the day AF stopped through 2 days post ovulation. (confirmed by BBT rise) We would've went longer but it was hard on us to keep up that pace :-) I had a little brown discharge around 6-7 DPO but it was so faint if I didn't analyze the TP I wouldn't have seen it. I didn't think anything of it since I thought ovulation bleeding only happened 4-5 DPO. I started feeling really awful just like AF was starting, SEVERE backache and cramps that were located on my right lower abdominal area. My other symptoms were flu like with a sore throat, stuffy nose and urination pain. I didn't have any other normal symptoms I would've expected like sore breasts, nausea, etc. I went to the doctor at 9DPO since I felt like I had a UTI she did a urine culture which did show a UTI/kidney infection so she started me on antibiotics which made me mention that I could be pregnant, even though I doubted it, so she did preg friendly antibiotics and she also went ahead and did a urine dip test for pregnancy which was negative. Needless to say I was very disappointed, my poor husband took the wrath of that one poor guy! The next couple of days I really felt awful just like AF was coming any day, which I was due for AF on the 14/15th so I decided 11DPO on 2/12 I would test again at 1pm knowing it would be negative. I used a clearblue easy digital test, it was all I had and I didn't want to waste any more money, when I walked back into the bathroom I literally fell on the floor it was showing PREGNANT!!! I kept looking at it waiting for it to show not pregnant because I just knew there was no way. I was taking my temperature this whole time which really was up and down and dipped (not lower than coverline) a few times, making me believe even more that I wasn't pregnant. I never had the temp drop or rise that they talk about either but none of that mattered because I am pregnant! I go to the doctors in about a week so hopefully everything will be great at that appointment. I wanted to share my story because I know how hard it is analyzing every symptom and seeing things that make you think one way or the other. Someone once told me on this site you are not out until AF shows up and ruins your POAS (pee on a stick) party, which now I am a firm believer in. Don't count yourself out until you are sure AF is here no matter how you are feeling or what you think your symptoms are showing you. I hope that this helps someone else have hope during these difficult times when you are waiting to ovulate or waiting to see your BFP and who knows your story may be the next I read on here. :-) Good luck and Baby dust to everyone!!!!
PS- If you would like to look at my chart just let me know I would be happy to provide that to anyone :D :D :D
tjmurray1012

Re: My BFP story!!!

Postby vanjust14 » Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:41 am

Congrats tj and thanks for sharing!!!
Me: (Vanessa) 37
DH: 31
DS: 16

TTC since Sept 2012, Dx: Diminished ovarian reserve with mild male factor

08/13-12/13 5 rounds of 5mg Femara=BFN
01/14-10/14 relaxed cycles=BFN

11/16/14-11/23/14 75iu Gonal-F injections + trigger
11/24/14 IUI #1=BFN