Bfp after 6 months, taking progesterone

Share your TTC success stories here!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Bfp after 6 months, taking progesterone

Postby Breezy_boo » Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:50 pm

Writing my bfp stories for those with low progesterone.
Ttc month 5 I went to get my progesterone checked since my lp was always 8 or 9 days. Found out it was 7, so pretty low. Started the progesterone right away but that was 9dpo. Did not get my bfp that month.
Month 6 I started the progesterone on 2dpo and got my bfp at 9dpo. First full cycle taking progesterone. I fully believe that mine was too low for the egg to implant even though my doctor says that's not possible, that the egg can always implant but may not stay.
I'm now 6 weeks and having terrible morning sickness, so really hoping this will work out for us.
FYI my progesterone was still low when they tested after I got my bfp so I'm now on 400mg to prevent miscarriage.

I'm really just writing this for those who feel they might have low progesterone. The doctor did NOT want to test it, saying I couldn't possibly know it was low, but I did. And I was right. Trust yourself. You know your body better than anyone else.
Breezy_boo
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Re: Bfp after 6 months, taking progesterone

Postby babyleighjones » Mon Nov 24, 2014 2:13 pm

Breezy, congrats on your BFP! I hope everything is going well with your pregnancy. Have you still been taking progesterone?

I am currently on a half dose of Clomid and Progesterone supplements during the LP. Another friend of mine had great success with progesterone, but she said it's so hard to convince doctors to see progesterone as a legitimate treatment option!

I'm 8dpo on my first cycle on Clomid, trying not to test till at least another day or two....
Me: 30, DH: 34
TTC #1
24+ mos TTC with Endometriosis
Trying to have patience and trust - Slow and Steady wins the race, right??
Hoping and praying for my miracle!
babyleighjones
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby beelady » Tue Nov 25, 2014 3:35 am

Congratulations!

I am going to seem my GP next week about progesterone suppositories as I am going through my 2nd miscarriage this year. I discussed it with her over the phone and she has agreed but I want to get a prescription before ttc again. My last successful pregnancy DS2 I was using progesterone until 15 weeks. The progesterone was prescribed before I got pregnant to help with spotting that I was getting every month after a mmc.

I bitterly regret not going back to my GP for progesterone before we were ttc and I would recommend you stay on it until 12 weeks and then gradually reduce it. I do not like the side effects from using it, but it is worth it for a healthy baby.

I wish you a healthy and happy 40 weeks and think you were great raising this subject!
beelady
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby ash57 » Mon Dec 01, 2014 5:34 pm

I have experienced 2 chemical pregnancy's or early miscarriages in the past 3 months. My dr did a blood test today to check my Progesterone levels. Hopefully we'll find a cause and we will be able to get pg and stay pg.
Me: 23
DH: 24
Married 5/7/11
Mommy to sweet DD 8/27/12
ash57
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Return to TTC Success Stories