BFP on 4th cycle trying!

Share your TTC success stories here!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

BFP on 4th cycle trying!

Postby operationindigo » Tue May 13, 2014 4:18 pm

This cycle I gave up a little and I did not temp or chart until after I suspected I ovulated. I tried not to worry about it so much, as prior months I had used OPKs, charted like crazy, and nothing was effective. Here are my symptoms. The DPO is sort of subjective because I did not temp up until I had suspected I was ovulating, but I based that on my previous cycles and most common body rhythms.

Symptoms:
Nothing really until 5-6 DPO. I was extremely tied and felt full in my belly. I noticed I was craving a lot of sugar which is really unusual for me.
7-8 DPO: same symptoms continue, chest minimally sore with a few pricks and tingles, vivid dreams
9-10 DPO: tested - BFN. I thought it was unusual that I did not have any spotting the few days before AF was due. Usually I ALWAYS spot 2-3 days before AF is due. Same symptoms continue. But the test was negative so I assumed no.
11-13DPO: Odd flu-like symptoms. I had heartburn randomly after anything I ate (non spicy foods). I haven't had the flu since I was a child, and it seemed odd that I would suddenly get the flu in May. I was sick, but not sick enough to warrant the mild fever, digestive issues, and sore throat. My temperature was in the 99 range in the morning of 13 DPO, whereas I am normally either bleeding already or at a 97.6-9 at this time in my cycle. The biggest tipoff that something was up was when I didn't have any pre-AF spotting at all. I still have the flu-like symptoms. BFP - tested on the day AF was expected (cycle day 27) so this was about 13 DPO. I used a FRER. Will test tomorrow using a digital.

Weeee!
Me: 27, history of short LP & irregular bleeding
Partner: 30
TTC Cycle #Who knows?

BFP#1: Baby Kaden, miscarriage @ 8 weeks (D&C) 6/12/14

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/4dde08
operationindigo

Re: BFP on 4th cycle trying!

Postby operationindigo » Tue May 13, 2014 4:21 pm

I forgot to add that I had hives nearly every day after ovulation. Normally I have occasional issues with hives during my luteal phase, but its an on and off kind of thing. Like they come and go and really don't bother me too much normally. This time I had them consistently daily and now (got the BFP this morning) they just won't really fully go away at all.
Me: 27, history of short LP & irregular bleeding
Partner: 30
TTC Cycle #Who knows?

BFP#1: Baby Kaden, miscarriage @ 8 weeks (D&C) 6/12/14

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/4dde08
operationindigo

Re: BFP on 4th cycle trying!

Postby LiliWS » Tue May 13, 2014 5:18 pm

Congratulations and :babydustb:
LiliWS

Return to TTC Success Stories