13dpo & 7 MONTHS AFTER MISCARRIAGE ~ BFP

Share your TTC success stories here!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

13dpo & 7 MONTHS AFTER MISCARRIAGE ~ BFP

Postby MsLiterary » Sun Aug 03, 2014 7:55 am

I'm in total shock that I'm even writing this right now. I had a miscarriage in December that devastated both DH and I. Since then we've been trying, but we also just both moved to a new city and started new jobs so we've had less and less time to BD than usual. In most months I OPK and chart. In June...I SWORE I was pregnant...so when my cycle started on 6/29, I was sad/pissed/over it. I vowed that for July I would take a break from TTC. That meant no OPK, no charting, no symptom watching...NOTHING.

So I did just that. When DH and I felt like BD, we did. In fact, I didn't even know when I ovulated for sure because I wasn't keeping track. That's how over it (for the month) I was.

Then I got dizzy. And that was weird.
Then I slept for 15 hours. That was even more weird.
My boobs hurt but nothing too crazy...but they started hurting 10 days before my period. Super weird.
I started cramping 8 days before my expected cycle start date, too. Uber weird.
I noticed that the veins in my breasts were visible. Ah. Weird.
Then there was the pinching in my lower abdomen. Even weirder.

My expected cycle was supposed to start on 8/4. I decided to take a test this morning and let that be my answer. I POAS and sat it on the counter. Before the 3 min. were up (actually, it was probably 1 min after) I saw the 2nd line! OMG! (Side note: with my m/c in December the lines were never super dark...I was stoked because THIS line was dark!! Yay!)

No preseed
No soft cup
No charting
No OPK

And i got my BFP...so ironic that when I stopped trying, it came. So grateful to God! Overwhelmed with excitement, nervousness and happiness!

Going to tell DH right before we go to church!

Ladies...keep the faith...stay positive and speak life into your dreams. There is power in what you say/speak. Don't speak defeat (regardless of how it may look). I pray for baby dust and happiness for ALL reading this!
Attachments
photo (2).JPG
photo (2).JPG (141.31 KiB) Viewed 3975 times
"Everything we do is infused with the energy with which we do it. If we're frantic, life will be frantic. If we're peaceful, live will be peaceful."
MsLiterary

Re: 13dpo & 7 MONTHS AFTER MISCARRIAGE ~ BFP

Postby LauraMH » Sun Aug 03, 2014 8:04 am

Congratulations!!! So happy for you!
LauraMH
Friend

Postby MsLiterary » Sun Aug 03, 2014 8:24 am

THANK YOU Laura! I'm still in shock!
"Everything we do is infused with the energy with which we do it. If we're frantic, life will be frantic. If we're peaceful, live will be peaceful."
MsLiterary

Postby wannabemommy25 » Sun Aug 03, 2014 9:49 am

Congratulations I'm hoping August will be my month.
Me: 25 diagnosed pcos Aug. 2013
Dh: 28
TTC #1 since may 2011
wannabemommy25
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby ricemill » Mon Oct 06, 2014 4:21 pm

A big Congratulations!!! Wow, I feel like I can relate to everything you just said SO much! Hubs and I just moved to a new city and he's settling into a new job. All of this right after we were finishing dealing with the disappointment of a chemical pregnancy. Unfortunately after that I went the opposite direction of you and started charting like a mad woman and upping my herbs. Currently 10 dpo and waiting to test. Anyhow, thank you for sharing!! Your story gives me such hope. And that's what we ttc ladies need! Congrats again girlie!!
ricemill
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Return to TTC Success Stories